OT Thread 2016 - Bar Refaeli, Bar Paly, Gal Gadot, and Natalie Portman Are Invited To

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
I just had someone come to my door asking me if I wanted to join a nudist society…. WTF?!?!?

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Just a couple more weeks of my final practicum. 3 job offers on the table, 2 permanent full time and a casual (3/4 full time to start) position. The casual offer is the plum job that normally new grads do not get for years. It's not the operating room, but I'm honestly leaning towards that since it would never come around again and I found the OR a little...uhh...easy? I've primary scrubbed enough C-sections to not want to enter gyn/OB ever again though.

It's nice to work for something (4 years) and be starting out at 30+/hr and I'll graduate university with only 3,000 or so of debt. I think I can start adulting a little better :)

Also, came in on my lil' kitty snugglin' in my bed. Had to share.

4lZQepI.jpg

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Awesome!

I have (arm's length) friends that got an MBA (which is useless in 2016; not even worth the paper it's printed on) and have over 200K in debt. They've thrown away the next 20 years of their life.

Last edited:

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Awesome!

I have (arm's length) friends that got an MBA (which is useless in 2016; not even worth the paper it's printed on) and have over 200K in debt. They've thrown away the next 20 years of their life.

That's mind blowing. I just cannot comprehend being 200K debt and then trying to work that off to hopefully drop down another 300K to purchase a home. Unless that 200K masters of business will create a income of 150,000/year upfront.

I took a look on Reddit and it was one of those 'what is something awful nobody talks about' threads. University dept is now the highest in America and so few people talk/do anything about it.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
No, it will not. They'll be lucky to make $50,000 gross (which is extremely generous). Factor in taxes, basic living expenses, and debt, and they'll have nothing to save. The average age of first time home buyers will continue to rise which will create a large ripple effect on the real estate market. A college degree is useless for the majority of people.

I know people that aren't even paying interest, just the principle. No one gets into medicine for the money (at least no one with any common sense), but at least after all the schooling there's a pretty nice six-figure job if you can find one. I must say it's pretty amusing seeing all the college elitist I went to high school with accumulate in excess of $150,000 worth of debt and now be forced to get minimum wage jobs just to pay the minimum payment. Jobs are basically non-existent. College is grossly overrated for the majority of people.

Outside of college-specific careers (pharmacists, physicians, surgeons, attorneys, CPAs, etc), entrepreneurship is the way to build a successful career.

The student debt bubble is the next big economic event that will do the US economy in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad