OT: Those Flames have a very classy team

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
For anyone who isn't watching right now, after the Flames stomped all over the Canucks they all lined up at the redline to shake Linden's hand, congratulating him for his career.

That was a classy move by the Flames.

April 13, 2014 edit: The Canucks did the same thing for Smyth after last game. Once again, classy move.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
For anyone who isn't watching right now, after the Flames stomped all over the Canucks they all lined up at the redline to shake Linden's hand, congratulating him for his career.

That was a classy move by the Flames.

#1 this doesn't belong here, i'm nominating it for deletion

#2 Linden deserves nothing but utmost respect, his whole career he has been a high class guy on ice and off ice.

#3 you shouldn't post on this board with that avatar, you come across as a troll.

lupultheukie

Sep 6, 2006
Nice love-in between the two teams for the whole game. Both the dys and the flamers trying to get iginla his 50th.

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
To the Canucks fans at the game - totally impressive "thank you & goodbye" for the classiest player to ever wear the Canuck uniform......... :handclap:

Brought tears to my eyes.............

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

#2 Linden deserves nothing but utmost respect, his whole career he has been a high class guy on ice and off ice.

#3 you shouldn't post on this board with that avatar, you come across as a troll.

Agree on all counts. There are plenty of threads this could go into.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Iggy was the one that initiated the handshake line for Linden and in classy fashion.

Hats off to Iginla and to Linden and the flames.

Have to say it but hats off to the nucks fans tonight for cheering for iggy for the 2nd star selection.

I'll reserve judgement about a Nucks team losing 7-1 on home ice.

spent

Jul 25, 2004

serious? you take things way too seriously if youre upset about any of that.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I fell asleep twice during the game.

It was like an allstar game without the talent.

Wonder if they're going to retire his number.

Keep forgetting the embarassing wealth of players we had in the 80's, because the only jersey they have retired is Stan Smyl.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Wonder if his jersey will be retired.

It's funny to think how spoiled we were in the 80's, and the greats we have retired.

Currently they only have Stan Smyl retired.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

#1 It's off topic and hockey-related. It does belong here, I'm nominating you for deletion.
#2 Very true
#3 I'm an Oiler fan. I was born in Edmonton, I live in Edmonton, I have friends in the Oilers system. I have every right to post here. The avatar is regarding many of the fans' moaning and crying about MacT, Pitkanen, Penner, and many other things. PJO cries day in and day out, although there were many other posters crying about anything and everything.

Is Linden retiring?
Hasn't officially announced it, but it looks like it.

To the Canucks fans at the game - totally impressive "thank you & goodbye" for the classiest player to ever wear the Canuck uniform......... :handclap:

Brought tears to my eyes.............
Yeah, they also displayed a lot of class on the cheers Iginla received for his 50th.

Agree on all counts. There are plenty of threads this could go into.
How so?

Although I would like the topic thread title changed so it states "Linden"........... :help:
I'm not sure I follow, all I said was that it was a classy move on the Flames' part (mainly Iginla for getting it organized) for the hand shakes to Linden.

I fell asleep twice during the game.

It was like an allstar game without the talent.

Wonder if they're going to retire his number.

Keep forgetting the embarassing wealth of players we had in the 80's, because the only jersey they have retired is Stan Smyl.
Thanks for punching in those letters on the keyboard.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Holy hijacking your own thread batman!

Great display by Iggy, showing leadership and showing his teammates what respect is.
Without him they would be by far the least respected team in my mind, he is so classy in all of his interviews, never takes the credit he deserves and is a great ambasor to the game. It will be awesome to see him wear the MAple Leaf and be the captain in the WOrld Championships.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
#1 It's off topic and hockey-related. It does belong here, I'm nominating you for deletion.
#2 Very true
#3 I'm an Oiler fan. I was born in Edmonton, I live in Edmonton, I have friends in the Oilers system. I have every right to post here. The avatar is regarding many of the fans' moaning and crying about MacT, Pitkanen, Penner, and many other things. PJO cries day in and day out, although there were many other posters crying about anything and everything.

Hasn't officially announced it, but it looks like it.

Yeah, they also displayed a lot of class on the cheers Iginla received for his 50th.

How so?

I'm not sure I follow, all I said was that it was a classy move on the Flames' part (mainly Iginla for getting it organized) for the hand shakes to Linden.

Thanks for punching in those letters on the keyboard.

just in case anyone missed it;)

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
all I said was that it was a classy move on the Flames' part (mainly Iginla for getting it organized) for the hand shakes to Linden.

A title thread should describe "the contents".... I was thinking:

* Classy Calgary Flame players honor Linden's retirement....

Much more descriptive............ ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad