OT: The non-Video Game, Game Thread

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I know a bunch of us play board games, chess, table top stuff, D&D, War Hammer etc, so thought we could use this thread as a parallel to the Video Game thread.

I'll start off by saying, as cool as it sounds, making a Cleric in D&D and giving it Death and Destruction as its two starting Domains, is very redundant and borderline useless. As I've recently found out with my Drow Cleric of Vhaeraun :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'm been trying for like two weeks now to get BanginLikeaBiscuit to come up and play some board/card games, but he's too busy being massacred by his accounting internship during tax season.:help:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Arkham Horror!

come to calgary. we can play :D

10989237_10152993557755709_5490086796599891031_n.jpg

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
come to calgary. we can play :D

10989237_10152993557755709_5490086796599891031_n.jpg

I'll start walking now, and it should almost be set up by the time I get there.

Any other coop games you've liked?

Played
Robinson Crusoe, which is fun but harsh.
Pandemic, solid
Ghost Stories, did not like
Forbidden Island, too light

In that vein, Elder Signs app on the ipad is pretty great.

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'll start walking now, and it should almost be set up by the time I get there.

Any other coop games you've liked?

Played
Robinson Crusoe, which is fun but harsh.
Pandemic, solid
Ghost Stories, did not like
Forbidden Island, too light

In that vein, Elder Signs app on the ipad is pretty great.

As far as co-op goes, you can't get much better than this, we still play it regularly.

1017339.jpg

Last Nite on Earth is also amazing

61iJb6hlIlL._SY300_.jpg

I have a closet dedicated specifically for board games. I'm such a nerd :laugh:

Oldracer

Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
"Badugi triple draw" $2 bet any time, "5-15 Red only bust out", 0-45, 7-27. Non poker card games. Learn them and pay for your schooling!

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
some bad taste in board games itt

arkharm horror is horrible. eldritch horror is the improved version and it is still p much horrible.

some good games:

twilight struggle
anything vlaada chvatil has ever touched
caverna
dominion and its expansions

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Chess, boys and girls.

Once upon a time I was FIDE 1600ish. Who wants to start an HFBoards tournament at chess.com?

I'm down.

I also expect to be thoroughly trounced. I don't take it seriously anymore. Apparently pulled off a couple big upsets in a dorm tournament in college but aside from that I've never even really studied the games ins and outs to come up with a competent strategy.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I'm down.

I also expect to be thoroughly trounced. I don't take it seriously anymore. Apparently pulled off a couple big upsets in a dorm tournament in college but aside from that I've never even really studied the games ins and outs to come up with a competent strategy.

Hunh, looks like I've got to become a premium member again to host a tournament.

Well. Looks like we've got three players. If we get one more, I'll fire it up, and then we can start a "Caniac Chess Smack-Off Thread" to accompany the chessness.

(oh, and btw, I just took my blitz rating from a tidy 1520 to an ugly 1270 in half an hour. So, uh, my game needs some work.)

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I don't have any of the expansions, but yeah it's pretty amazing.

I've got some friends about 40 minutes away who I visit once in a while who have all the expansions. We've only played them like 3 times ever that I can remember, because usually someone ends up wanting to play Shadows Over Camelot lol.

Shadows_over_Camelot.jpg

Which it's not a bad board game, but it was starting to get a little bit tiresome.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hunh, looks like I've got to become a premium member again to host a tournament.

Well. Looks like we've got three players. If we get one more, I'll fire it up, and then we can start a "Caniac Chess Smack-Off Thread" to accompany the chessness.

(oh, and btw, I just took my blitz rating from a tidy 1520 to an ugly 1270 in half an hour. So, uh, my game needs some work.)

I'm friends with Dubinchuk on chess.com, I'm sure he will play.

king of tokyo and lord of the rings risk. also catan.

I have irl Catan and also paid $5 to get it on my phone, though I wish the android version allowed online play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad