OT: Sens Ticket Fraud

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Logan Caswell is his name, he scammed some people in The RSU before, he is also got kicked out of the Sens Fans Shop and Trade group on facebook in the middle of last season. Guy is a pure POS.

Last edited:

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Wow, that's ridiculous. Logan sounds like a piece of ****. Glad that a negative situation was turned into something positive with local companies willing to help.

And I love Ryan's offer to help. Such a great community guy.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
UPDATE: Ottawa really is a fantastic city with great fans, players, and companies. Originally Adnan (@sens_adnan) had offered to replace the Blues tickets the morning of the game if Logan didn't follow through. I politely declined his offer as it really wasn't his problem. My plan was to donate two pairs from my season tickets to the winners. They wouldn't be 100s, but in the 300s. Not the greatest, but I didn't want to see the two winners walk away with nothing. When I let one of the winners know about my plan, he refused to accept them because it wasn't my "responsibility to make up for someone else's misgivings."

However, after tweeting out this blog post, something amazing happened. First off @Broker4Tickets tweeted the following after reading the post:

@broker4tickets
Follow
@BringBackLee I am really sorry to hear this story. Please contact us @broker4tickets & we can see what we can do to help you out.

I contacted them, and they offered to replace the pair of tickets for the Dec 29th Sabres game. I graciously accepted their offer! An amazing gesture by them. Shortly after, @FacesOttawa offered to replace the other pair of tickets for the winner of the Blues game who never received their tickets and thus never got to attend the game. Another amazing gesture by a local company. Just like that, both winners now had tickets again!

Faces Magazine @facesottawa
Follow
@liammackinnon8 @BringBackLee @broker4tickets hey just let us know what game they would like and we'll get them front row seats

It got better. Some people tagged Bobby Ryan's Twitter handle linking him to the story. He must have read it because he tweeted the following:

b_ryan9
Follow
@SensInTheCity @BringBackLee did the winners of the games ever get to claim any of the tickets?
@SeanJohn85 tell him to pick a game in January and I'll get him a pair

Isn't Bobby the greatest? Luckily I didn't have to take him up on his offer thanks to the earlier generosity of Broker4Tickets and Faces Magazine! Nevertheless, it's awesome seeing a player go out of his way to rectify a problem that he was not involved in. It's incredible seeing how quickly something positive can come out of something so negative. I love Ottawa.

This is the best part of the story.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Ottawa businesses are great, eh. "Small town vibe".

Also, BFR rocks. Under performing or not, this guy is a fantastic addition to the organization and the City. His on-ice stuff will come around.

He plays in my beer league

You know what to do.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
That's awesome! I have his jersey. Have you played against him? Is he one of those guys who takes it easy because even though he was a goon he's still way better than us schleps?
Not at all. He's extremely competitive. Its a good league, and while he's one of the better players there are quite a few guys better.

and when I say he's competitive, I mean reeeaaaaallllly competitive.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
People who have played against Van Allen in beer league games have said the same thing. He's ultra competitive.

I think that catches people off guard. They probably assume a NHL player would take it easy, but we all know people who only have 2 speeds. One is walking, and the other is 100% effort all the time.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
People who have played against Van Allen in beer league games have said the same thing. He's ultra competitive.

I think that catches people off guard. They probably assume a NHL player would take it easy, but we all know people who only have 2 speeds. One is walking, and the other is 100% effort all the time.

I knew someone that played with Doug Brown in a beer league and he purposely didn't try at all so he was at walking speed. Just always tried to feed guys and went at 1%. He also said they saw him go 100% before because people wanted to see it, and it just wasn't even fair.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Its funny, so many people think they're pretty good but even the lowliest grinder of an NHL player is so much better than all but a a tiny few beer leaguers.

Really puts things into perspective when you get to play with a former NHLer

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
He plays in my beer league

Vial and Turgeon shared a place and lived a few doors down from me in bhaven during the 92-94 seasons, we didn't find out until the very end of the second year....when they came out and played ball hockey with the kids on the street a few times.....made me a sens fan, even remember robbing Vial on one chance.... his shot hurt my hand through my keeper's glove but i played it tough at the time lol.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How has this kids not been arrested? He's a straight up scammer.

The unfortunate truth is that unless a fraud is above a certain amount of money, it is very difficult to get the police, or more to the point a Crown Prosecutor, involved in it. Private sector companies are basically told that unless the amount is above 5k, forget it. It sucks, but the reality is that the police and courts are so overwhelmed with fraud cases that they can only deal with the big ones. Small time fraudsters like this guy, therefore, are unlikely to face prosecution even if caught. This is why I liked the idea of the, err, "frontier justice" some are suggesting. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad