OT: Outdoor AHL game in Sacramento

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Anybody going to see the first outdoor AHL game in California on Dec 18 at Raley Field in Sac?

http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-announce-first-minor-league-outdoor-game-in-california/

I'm surprised it's not the Barracuda v. Heat, but they got the next best thing with the Heat v Condors.

Just bought my tix and got some good seats, Raley Field is like the complete opposite of Levis stadium, it's a really intimate 1-level baseball stadium, there's really no bad seats in the house, it only holds 14,000 at the most.

Looking forward to the AHL season, should be fun.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Anybody going to see the first outdoor AHL game in California on Dec 18 at Raley Field in Sac?

http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-announce-first-minor-league-outdoor-game-in-california/

I'm surprised it's not the Barracuda v. Heat, but they got the next best thing with the Heat v Condors.

Just bought my tix and got some good seats, Raley Field is like the complete opposite of Levis stadium, it's a really intimate 1-level baseball stadium, there's really no bad seats in the house, it only holds 14,000 at the most.

Looking forward to the AHL season, should be fun.

I hadn't even heard about it, and I live in Folsom. So thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until much closer to the game to see if I can buy tickets. Work travel tends to pop up unexpectedly for me. :)

EyeSeeSharks

Aug 18, 2015
Would have also been cool to see the Barracuda involved, but I think the choice of opponent for the Heat is a good one. The Stockton Heat FB page took an informal poll as to whom their fans felt would be the Heat's biggest rival, and the most popular answer was Bakersfield. Makes sense, seeing that although the Heat are Calgary's affiliate, most fans in Stockton are Sharks fans as far as the NHL goes. Also, you kinda have the AHL version of the Alberta rivalry going seeing as how the Condors are Edmonton's affiliate.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Would have also been cool to see the Barracuda involved, but I think the choice of opponent for the Heat is a good one. The Stockton Heat FB page took an informal poll as to whom their fans felt would be the Heat's biggest rival, and the most popular answer was Bakersfield. Makes sense, seeing that although the Heat are Calgary's affiliate, most fans in Stockton are Sharks fans as far as the NHL goes. Also, you kinda have the AHL version of the Alberta rivalry going seeing as how the Condors are Edmonton's affiliate.

Just based on what you posted, I'm also really wondering if it wasn't Flames fans who also follow the Stockton Heat's FB page that voted for the Condors as their biggest rival. I'm guessing fans of Canadian teams follow their AHL affiliate much more so than most American fans of US NHL teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad