OT: Oilers Jerseys & Other NHL/Sports Jerseys

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
Hey guys, this is my first thread (I have followed this forum for awhile just never posted and a long time Oiler fan) not to sure what the rules are for posting about sites and what not.

Anyways, this thread is for any online or retail stores you have purchased an Oilers (or any other team) jersey from and want to share your experience with.

My contribution: River City Sports

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/index.cfm

I bought my Team Canada jersey from these guys back in January and they were excellent on all levels. From customer communication right down to the quality and of course the price!!! much better than in stores.

I also notice they like to do sales all the time, 25% off your final order means you could get an customized Oiler jersey for about $149.99 compared to the +$200 they want at the Oilers store or other retailers.

Not to sure if this place has been mentioned already and my apologizes if it has or goes against anything, but I wanted to share my opinion on this place. I will definitely be buying my next Oiler jersey from these guys.:yo:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I'm a big jersey collector, have around 30 jerseys and I bought from coolhockey.com this off season.

Not only was a fair price, but the shipping was quick and the quality was excellent. Will buy from them in the future.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This would be a helpful thread for anyone looking for jerseys from legit/licensed places.

This summer I got a Hall jersey (with authentic sewing, etc.) from IceJerseys for only $150 after their discounts. No shipping for Canadian buyers + a summer discount they had, so I saved $53. The Oilers Store sells the same jerseys for $225.

Some more talk about IJ and a few pics of the stitching: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1522847

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
This would be a helpful thread for anyone looking for jerseys from legit/licensed places.

This summer I got a Hall jersey (with authentic sewing, etc.) from IceJerseys for only $150 after their discounts. No shipping for Canadian buyers + a summer discount they had, so I saved $53. The Oilers Store sells the same jerseys for $225.

Some more talk about IJ and a few pics of the stitching: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1522847

Took advantage of the same deal at Icejerseys to get a Hall jersey as well. Though mine came to about 135 because I found an extra coupon code online.

Next time they have one I might get me a Vladimir Guerrero Expos jersey.

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
Glad to see there is some interest in this!

I've been debating on a new jersey for a bit, I have a Hall jersey back from the season when he was drafted. It has his signature on the back (on the number) and Eberles signature on the front (crest). That jersey has been my pride and joy for the last 4-5 season. I even hand wash it every year (a tooth brush, cold water and some dish soap does wonders on beer and food stains...)

I am a big Yakupov supporter, have been since day one and can't wait for him to explode. So depending how the start of the year goes for the team and him I think thats the next one. :D

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I don't know if Shop.ca still has the same promotions they used to, they used to give away $10 giftcards like crazy. I bought two blank jerseys (home & away) through them from Ice Jerseys for around $40 each (after discounts and including tax). They had player jerseys at the time but I opted to buy two blank over one customized. Found out about it on RedFlagDeals.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
I've been contemplating special ordering a Weight or Joseph copper & blue for a while now, and this may be the season I take the plunge.

In terms of my current collection, I have a blank home (coloured) Habs premier, blank home Oilers premier and blank home Oil Kings. Of those 3, I'd have to say my favourite is the Oks one, especially since it doesn't have that ugly gray "size" square that the premier rbks have plus it has the additional CHL and WHL patches.

NHLFAN82

Jul 15, 2014
I also have received excellent service from River City Sports.

Last summer I ordered a customized jersey that I wanted to wear to the home opener. They messed up and I called the day before the game wondering where my jersey was. They admitted they made a mistake and couriered my jersey so that I had it in time for the game.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Welp, thanks for costing me a C note. Bought a white pajama style EDGE jersey for $105 all in, thanks to this thread. River City Sports has always been pretty good to me.

Going the retail route, I prefer to support the independent shops like the Sports Closet.

My preferred item to collect is pro authentic Oilers jerseys without the name/number. I've had Gretzky, Weight, Penner, and now Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins jerseys, but there's something about a crisp, clean, unadultered Oilers jersey in a Size 56 that seems right.

If anyone has some for trade or sale, or wants to raid my collection of other jerseys, let me know. It'd be fun to have a marketplace thread, though I'm sure it's breaking all sorts of hallowed bs hfboards rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad