OT:Off Topic Thread- FORGET The B`s, whatcha doing this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So . I am plannning to put in some new flooring in several areas of my house. Looking for advice

1. My entry way which has concrete base. Also this is where you come into my house (next to the cellar/ garage) with wet or snow covered feet. I am thinking Laminate. It has old lanoleum

2. Kitchen and Dining Room. Hard wood. Wide boards dine room has carpet now

3. bathroom...Not sure yet. It has old lanoleum

I loathe linoleum. As soon as I can afford to [like never lol] I'm going to have my kitchen/living area floor replaced, probably with hardwood for the living area and tile for the kitchen. First I have to get the bedroom done- that will be hardwood I think.

I would do tile for your kitchen and bathroom. Dining room I'd go hardwood, carpet would be my second choice.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I loathe linoleum. As soon as I can afford to [like never lol] I'm going to have my kitchen/living area floor replaced, probably with hardwood for the living area and tile for the kitchen. First I have to get the bedroom done- that will be hardwood I think.

I would do tile for your kitchen and bathroom. Dining room I'd go hardwood, carpet would be my second choice.

Grew up with hardwood in my bedroom (easy Lou, I'm talking about the floors), and I hated it. Floor was always cold in winter. When we bought the house 2 years ago, first thing we did was cover up the hardwood floors put down carpeting in all the bedrooms.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Grew up with hardwood in my bedroom (easy Lou, I'm talking about the floors), and I hated it. Floor was always cold in winter. When we bought the house 2 years ago, first thing we did was cover up the hardwood floors put down carpeting in all the bedrooms.

So did I but we had enough scatter rugs that cold really wasn't an issue.

The problem I have with wall to wall carpeting- the cat hair. At my old place it was a nightmare despite constant vacuuming and regular shampooing. And grooming the cats as well. With hardwood & tile that isn't an issue. Yeah, I hate housecleaning with a passion.....:p:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm actually re-doing the floors in my kitchen and bathroom in the next week or so. Doing tiles for the bathroom (heron-bone pattern) and hardwood for the kitchen. Reasoning behind it, is I am knocking the half walls that separate the kitchen and living room down to turn it into one larger open room. living room already has hardwood.

I am changing it up a bit though and using a different type and color of wood for the kitchen, and laying the flooring in the opposite direction as the living room.

Large bedrooms I think look really good with hardwood, but you need an area rug for underneath the bed to prevent scuffs, and so you're feet aren't freezing when you step on it in the winter.

I love the hardwood look in general...very old school.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
As appealing as Jamie is - I wouldn't kick Dougal out of bed - unless he wanted to do it on the floor....

No argument here. :naughty: He isn't who I had pictured as Dougal, but Graham MacTavish is ****ing awesome. Did you know he's in Boston right now? He's starting filming for "The Finest Hours." I follow him on Twitter, and he asked for suggestions about what to do in Boston, so I told him to take a Duck tour. :)

I love him in "The Hobbit," too, from the moment he walks in Bilbo's door. "Do I know you?" "No." :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks for all of the advise on floors !

I ordered a new carpet for my living room (and stairs leading up to it). I sit on the floor in my living room at times so a carpet is best. The one there is SO old.

I am getting a "handacrapped 5" x 3/4 " oak floor for the kitchen and dining room.

Also ordered a high end laminate for my entry way.

The bathroom ... still have to decide....I am thinking tiles.

My bedrooms have old carpet too but it isn't in as bad of shape and I can not afford to do it now.

Now...how to pay ??? I am thinking the lottery :naughty:

Tattoo You

Mar 1, 2013
Crossfire Hurricane
A heron bone;

2780cccd1847239cfffad8699b3c2686.jpg

Versus;

know_your_terms_herringbone_01.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Can't Find My Way Home is one of the best songs ever.

It really is. It is a favorite of mine....Has been for many years. Beautiful song. Steve was with Blind Faith then I think. Ginger Baker...Eric Clapton. Music was so good then....sigh.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It really is. It is a favorite of mine....Has been for many years. Beautiful song. Steve was with Blind Faith then I think. Ginger Baker...Eric Clapton. Music was so good then....sigh.

Yep. Short run for Blind Faith, but very memorable...

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Sooo, a giant tree just fell against the duplex. I was actually in the bedroom laying down when it fell. It destroyed some scaffolding my landlord has had up (for two years) fixing the chimney (that wasnt there which was illegal). So, after scaring the crap out of me I realize no one else is home (landlord lives on one side of me, neighbor on the other). I go look and oh boy. Half the tree split and fell. I call him on vacation in Maine. He says "oh really?" His brother comes over to look and I guess theres really nothing you can do until it can be cut up. But he has me go buy new CO2 detectors just in case (we have them but he wants to be cautious) Lowes is always a fun trip when you are a woman by yourself :help::rant: He wants me to turn the furnace off over night, but I'm not sure its necessary.

Not really the drama I wanted for a Saturday. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=pcb.662731780489468&type=1&relevant_count=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=pcb.662731780489468&type=1&relevant_count=2

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
No argument here. :naughty: He isn't who I had pictured as Dougal, but Graham MacTavish is ****ing awesome. Did you know he's in Boston right now? He's starting filming for "The Finest Hours." I follow him on Twitter, and he asked for suggestions about what to do in Boston, so I told him to take a Duck tour. :)

I love him in "The Hobbit," too, from the moment he walks in Bilbo's door. "Do I know you?" "No." :laugh:

The head of the MacTavish clan (the guy with the messed-up legs) is the father from 'Billy Elliot' - and the lady to whom Mrs. Fitz makes the snarky comment about her dress is Diana Gabaladon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad