OT: MLS closing in on NFL, NBA, MLB in U.S. - Landon Donovan

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I don't know what Canadian is for "2-0" but they just stuck it to the USMNT, which I'm sure will go a long way toward endearing less-than-casual soccer fans to start following the sport. I'm more confident it's likely to get the casual soccer fans to say "eh, I can find better things to do."

We're still a year away from the Hex kicking off, but right now I wouldn't put the USMNT in the top-4. [As a reminder: top-3 automatically qualify, #4 goes to a playoff vs. whoever comes out of the 7-35 group, the winner of that goes to an inter-continental playoff against TBD.] If we were still in the 2018 qualifying format, I'd say it's perhaps 50/50 they get out of the group stage to go to the Hex. If the USMNT can't get its shit together in the next 12 months and get a qualifying spot nailed down, everyone dreaming of MLS being a future threat to the NHL is going to start asking whether it can hold off golf, NASCAR, or cornhole instead.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't know what Canadian is for "2-0" but they just stuck it to the USMNT, which I'm sure will go a long way toward endearing less-than-casual soccer fans to start following the sport. I'm more confident it's likely to get the casual soccer fans to say "eh, I can find better things to do."

We're still a year away from the Hex kicking off, but right now I wouldn't put the USMNT in the top-4. [As a reminder: top-3 automatically qualify, #4 goes to a playoff vs. whoever comes out of the 7-35 group, the winner of that goes to an inter-continental playoff against TBD.] If we were still in the 2018 qualifying format, I'd say it's perhaps 50/50 they get out of the group stage to go to the Hex. If the USMNT can't get its **** together in the next 12 months and get a qualifying spot nailed down, everyone dreaming of MLS being a future threat to the NHL is going to start asking whether it can hold off golf, NASCAR, or cornhole instead.

2-oh-eh.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Berhalter is just a garbage coach that is actively making the team worse. Hope Canada beats us again so they fire him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad