OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Or tell us a reasonable amount, in a reasonable sized post

tenor.gif

member 262271

It is that good, eh? Haven't had chance to check out the new season yet. I have limited time and have been caught up with other shows. But I will get to it.

For me as a longtime Lynch fan, I was really excited with the series continuing with no interference from the network. Apparently Showtime wanted some changes and Lynch said it wasn't happening unless he had full say. Some episodes can seem slow but I guess it was realized as an 18 hour movie - I can't really describe it better than saying it's a work of art for the ears and eyes, hell, the senses! :laugh:

Having limited time for TV is something I struggle with, it's a chore sometimes with the amount of content out there, but when the first four episodes of TP were dropped I dropped every other show for the time being.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So, what transpired during the first day?

OH ya, that girl! What happened? Tell us everything!

Or tell us a reasonable amount, in a reasonable sized post

Spoiler Alert;

He got mugged

Pretty much all explained in a post I made Sunday.

Day 1 was insanely eventful, to say the least. Unpacked, hung out with the lady friend at a deep dish pizza bar (the pizza was great). She's amazing, we talked tons of hockey. However, I left my passport at the hotel (bars don't accept photocopied ID's :/) which was only a few blocks away. She decided to finish her drink and go to the bar next door to save me a seat. On my way back all alone... I straight up got mugged and robbed of 20 bucks by some hobo. Dude kept badgering me, getting aggressive, shoving and grabbing, and got to a point where he even yanked my arm back before I broke free and stopped placating the dude and ran. He was reaching for something with his free hand in his pocket as I went into a dead sprint back to my hotel (****, I have a bad feeling it was a switchblade). That is legitimately the scariest moment I've ever had. All alone, some hobo robbing me and no one around to intervene. I'm not gonna lie, I thought for a sec I would legitimately die.

Obviously, given how freaked I was, I ****ing begged the lady friend to come back to the hotel and so we could meet there and choose another bar. She obliged and was totally awesome in terms of making me feel better and giving my comfort through an insane situation. Gave me a nice big hug, even held onto my hand for a second at a time when I reached out (while it's not really holding hands, it's the first time a girl has technically held my hand, even if there wasn't anything too romantic about this specific instance). We just hung out for another hour at a bar till she had to go meet with another friend who was in a rough spot. She even walked with me back to my hotel on her own volition, which I really appreciated.

Come to thin of it, she broke a couple of my 20 bills into several 1's/5's/10's, so she probably saved me far more money or maybe even my life. Hell, her comforting me really helped soothe the pain of feeling as violated and anxious as I was after that. Now, it's barely an afterthought during the day and a small thought at night. If it weren't for her, I might not have gone out at night at all since. She truly is da real MVP.

Day 2 - Uneventful by comparison. Go to gym first thing. Went to the pier but it was raining, so everything was closed. Toured Harry Caray's pub, which was a treasure trove of sports stuff. Went to Pequod's and the pizza there was ****ing heavenly. Was planning on hanging out with the lady friend but she had to drive a family member to the airport. Sadly, the earliest we can meet up again, given her ****** 10 hour into the night work schedule, is Thursday night :(.

Day 3 - Decent. Went back to the pier to actually do stuff there that I wanted to do (riding the ferris wheel, climbing rocks, etc). Hung out with another reddit friend at a nearby bar. He seemed like a decent enough dude. Talked sports and ****. Surprised the lady friend by getting us tickets to go to day 1 of the draft (we were already planning on going day 2) since she seemed really bummed out about having to sell her ticket due to financial troubles (she's a grad student, so yeah...) and I didn't want her to miss out on the opportunity to boo Gary in her own city :laugh:. She insists on trying to pay me back in some way ASAP, even though I told her to take her time and not stress too much about it.

Tomorrow, I'll probably go to Wrigley and meet up with someone from HF before the game at a nearby bar. I don't really have an itinerary, I just am doing things as I go.

The tomorrow happened as planned on Monday. Tuesday, went to the Sears Tower and Wrigley for the Cubs game again. Wednesday, went to Wrigley for yet another Cubs game and then shopped a bit, watched the NHL awards at the hotel. Thursday (yesterday), went to the Adler Planetarium and then watched the NBA draft from the hotel.

Today and tomorrow, pretty much hanging out with the lady the whole day at the draft and around. She's a Hawks fan and her favorite player is Hjalmarsson... oh boy :laugh:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Damn, that's frightening regarding getting mugged, Swerv. I've been robbed twice (once in Asia and once in South America) but those dudes are sane, at least. They just want your stuff.

Glad you're having fun with this lady friend. Going to get into a LDR or what?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Pretty much all explained in a post I made Sunday.

The tomorrow happened as planned on Monday. Tuesday, went to the Sears Tower and Wrigley for the Cubs game again. Wednesday, went to Wrigley for yet another Cubs game and then shopped a bit, watched the NHL awards at the hotel. Thursday (yesterday), went to the Adler Planetarium and then watched the NBA draft from the hotel.

Today and tomorrow, pretty much hanging out with the lady the whole day at the draft and around. She's a Hawks fan and her favorite player is Hjalmarsson... oh boy :laugh:

I am glad you are fine and happy !

I want the PCB to start looking forward to 2019. We can do something special.

Heard it was quite a match, didn't watch it was busy. My friends were ribbing each other :laugh: The bowlers vs batters still the way it is?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I am glad you are fine and happy !

Heard it was quite a match, didn't watch it was busy. My friends were ribbing each other :laugh: The bowlers vs batters still the way it is?

It was basically our bowling vs India's batting and Pakistan showed that they are still one of the best bowling sides in the world, all though I would love to have India's batting too but not at the expense of our bowling. Another thing this match showed is that India's bowling still remains a major weakness.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
They figure we got at least 6 inches of rain between 10:00pm and 5:30am last night. The flooding was ridiculous this morning. Half our laneway ended up in the field overnight. :laugh:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
It was basically our bowling vs India's batting and Pakistan showed that they are still one of the best bowling sides in the world, all though I would love to have India's batting too but not at the expense of our bowling. Another thing this match showed is that India's bowling still remains a major weakness.
Yea i am not surprised, Pakistani bowling has been something great for a solid while. I don't know why we can't produce a good bowler bunch for a while apparently, regardless my good friends in ryerson was ribbing us quite a bit :laugh:

So yeah Cor you owe me some beers after you whiffed on the big trade prediction for the Leafs ;)

How will he deliver the 6 pack to calgary.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Damn, that's frightening regarding getting mugged, Swerv. I've been robbed twice (once in Asia and once in South America) but those dudes are sane, at least. They just want your stuff.

Glad you're having fun with this lady friend. Going to get into a LDR or what?

We're pretty much just friends. As much as I feel a great emotional bond with her, I just don't feel it in other areas. Plus, there's just something about her where you could tolerate it in a friendship but not a relationship. Like the fact that she's a smoker (cigarettes smell totally gross and I will never ever do it as long as I live). Or the fact that she chats up random ppl without a problem and routinely makes me feel frozen out of a conversation (I hate hanging out in groups that aren't small or where I don't know everyone). She's awesome, we have a ton in common, she not only puts up with but embraces the fact that I can't go 5 minutes without talking hockey and the fact that I am terrible with words (I show my affection and positive stuff towards others through touch and gestures like gift giving). Yet there just isn't "it", and wasn't "it" at all yesterday. That, and the fact that LDR's just don't do it for me. No physical intimacy :(

Of course, all that became a moot point this morning when she told me she's back in an on/off LDR with some dude in England :laugh:

But hey, she's a totally awesome friend to have. I'm still glad I met her and she made the trip for me and my draft experience totally awesome. She helped comfort me when I was mugged, and she's done what barely anyone else has ever done in my life - go out of their way to treat me totally awesomely and make me feel like an actual person.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
We're pretty much just friends. As much as I feel a great emotional bond with her, I just don't feel it in other areas. Plus, there's just something about her where you could tolerate it in a friendship but not a relationship. Like the fact that she's a smoker (cigarettes smell totally gross and I will never ever do it as long as I live). Or the fact that she chats up random ppl without a problem and routinely makes me feel frozen out of a conversation (I hate hanging out in groups that aren't small or where I don't know everyone). She's awesome, we have a ton in common, she not only puts up with but embraces the fact that I can't go 5 minutes without talking hockey and the fact that I am terrible with words (I show my affection and positive stuff towards others through touch and gestures like gift giving). Yet there just isn't "it", and wasn't "it" at all yesterday. That, and the fact that LDR's just don't do it for me. No physical intimacy :(

Of course, all that became a moot point this morning when she told me she's back in an on/off LDR with some dude in England :laugh:

But hey, she's a totally awesome friend to have. I'm still glad I met her and she made the trip for me and my draft experience totally awesome. She helped comfort me when I was mugged, and she's done what barely anyone else has ever done in my life - go out of their way to treat me totally awesomely and make me feel like an actual person.

Glad you're smart enough to figure that out on your own. LDRs are deadly.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
As usual pride weekend was awesome. Met the raddest lady Sunday night and we went out for lunch today. Im officially smitten. Been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad