Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
OH f*** looks like the only player people wanna blame is skinner.

LMFAO what a joke
First goal was a bad turnover, 2nd goal was a pretty performance by Kempe. But he needs to come up big and save one or two of the other chances, possibly also the first shot. Thats what good goalies does.
Did he save a single grade A chance?
I think Oilers are heavily outplaying the Kings but if every grade A scoring chance goes in what can you do.

Reactions: ManOfSteelI

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m starting to get worried Skinner just doesn’t perform well in high pressure situations.
I'm starting to worry he doesn't have a mental concept of what pressure is. Good players elevate in playoffs and can. he brings the same aww shucks enthusiasm every game of the year doesn't matter if its postseason.

Most elite goalies at this level you can see they mentally prepare, get jacked, get adrenaline flowing. The work their stretches, work their edges, skating, they work their flexibility. You watch Skinner mopping about there with his stick as is he's in a Sunday dog park walking fido. This is Skinner.

Reactions: elmeroil

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I mean I don't think this team is winning 16 games either with our goaltending. We got the best fire power in the league.

I'd love to be proven wrong but being critical of the team doesn't mean looking for an I told you so.

Hell I went all leafs and canucks in my pool to at least hedge my happiness and hope in out end of next week.
“MARK MY WORDS”
He even capitalized that he is looking for an I told you so and actually wants the team to lose so he can be right. Would rather the team lose and him be right than have the team win. It’s sad.

Reactions: Pavel10

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They just executed when they needed to.
So much time in the Kings D zone for the Oilers and they accomplished very little.
The Kings bent but didnt break.
I mean Talbot made some excellent saves tonight, while I can't remember a single excellent save that Stu made. His glove save on Draisaitl is one we will probably never see out of Stu this entire series, and his glove save on Bouchard's one-timer pretty much 100% gets by Stu.

This whole "the Oilers didn't really accomplish anything" is a load of bullshit. They scored 4 goals and created enough to score a couple more, but sometimes goalies make nice saves. I wonder what that feels like.

To add to this. The funny thing is Talbot isn't even good and yet he can make some game breaking saves. So what exactly does that make Skinner?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Right because you’re the holy god of hockey. My bad, forgot about that through all of my ridiculousness and stupidity.

I also forgot that somehow you are smarter than the 31 other GMs that aren’t starting Calvin Pickard.

It’s just amazing to me that a once in a generation hockey mind like yours is posting on a stupid fan board and not in a front office of an NHL team enjoying what I am sure would be unparalleled success.
Thanks for demonstrating you never have an actual reply. You stated there would be no difference starting Pickard. Pickard has a decent glove hand. Skinner Glove hand is so slow he's still moving it up in the dressing room.

This is a joke.

What isn't a joke is that Kings were exploting Skinner glove hand all night. How do you NOT see that. Its on the Kings dressing room wall. You think Kempe doesn't know? He owns Skinner always.

Reactions: elmeroil

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm starting to worry he doesn't have a mental concept of what pressure is. Good players elevate in playoffs and can. he brings the same aww shucks enthusiasm every game of the year doesn't matter if its postseason.

Most elite goalies at this level you can see they mentally prepare, get jacked, get adrenaline flowing. The work their stretches, work their edges, skating, they work their flexibility. You watch Skinner mopping about there with his stick as is he's in a Sunday dog park walking fido. This is Skinner.
Most elite goalies 100% do not completely change their routine like that lol.

Now you’re just inventing narratives to support the narratives you created earlier.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wonder if Bouchard will ever figure out those giveaways. Or will we just have to live with it to get his offence. That giveaway on goal 1 can’t happen.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I think the bolded is the rub of it

We should be happy that they made the playoffs and enjoy the ride. The team as is still far too inconsistent to be a serious contender

Hopefully some weakspots excised by the new GM
Im not giving up yet but it did surprise me to see that the Kings had the Oilers big guns playing so flustered. The best Oilers in this game were the bottom 6 players.

Im willing to bet that McDavid/Draisaitl and RNH will be much better in LA.

Reactions: Oilhawks and nabob

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean Talbot made some excellent saves tonight, while I can't remember a single excellent save that Stu made. His glove save on Draisaitl is one we will probably never see out of Stu this entire series, and his glove save on Bouchard's one-timer pretty much 100% gets by Stu.

This whole "the Oilers didn't really accomplish anything" is a load of bullshit. They scored 4 goals and created enough to score a couple more, but sometimes goalies make nice saves. I wonder what that feels like.
The Draisatl save was the only good one he made. He was shit most of the night but the oilers opted not to challenge him.

That Holloway is our second leading goal scorer right now is laughable.

Reactions: TheNumber4

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Im not giving up yet but it did surprise me to see that the Kings had the Oilers big guns playing so flustered. The best Oilers in this game were the bottom 6 players.

Agreed. And they need to be of this team has any chance

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Knob might be tempted to play him alongside McDavid next game.
Maybe.
I thought that Henrique and Hyman looked okay to pretty good.

I think that they need Holloway in the bottom 6. He adds speed and physicality and he seems to have some chenistry with Janmark who also had a good game.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014

I would take that bet too.

As weird as it is. Sometimes there is less pressure as the away team. Just go play your game

Reactions: guymez

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks for demonstrating you never have an actual reply. You stated there would be no difference starting Pickard. Pickard has a decent glove hand. Skinner Glove hand is so slow he's still moving it up in the dressing room.

This is a joke.

What isn't a joke is that Kings were exploting Skinner glove hand all night. How do you NOT see that. Its on the Kings dressing room wall. You think Kempe doesn't know? He owns Skinner always.
Not wrong. Both Talbot glove saves on Drai and Bouchard's bomb on the PP are without question behind Skinner. He gets beat on the glove hand A LOT.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They just executed when they needed to.
So much time in the Kings D zone for the Oilers and they accomplished very little.
The Kings bent but didnt break.
Doesn’t help that we gave em gifts all night too which lead to space to execute like that. Bouchs giveaway on goal 1 leads to pretty much a one timer in the slot with no one touching Kempe. Then the breakaway breakdown was self inflicted as well. The other goals the Kings made the plays.

One more play from one of our guys and we eke out the victory.

Reactions: AT14C

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Him flopping across on that cross crease and getting lucky it didn’t go in shoulda gotten him pulled.

Was the worst technique I’ve ever seen

Not my fault skinner though
People refuse to acknowledge how horribly bad his move across is. One game in Carolina pregame Skinner is "working on edges" and he slides across 20feet wiping out in practice. The whole Canes team laughs. They blow 4 by him in first period.

Most contender teams fear the Oilers. The only thing they don't fear is Skinner. The great equalizer. Takes our generational spectacular talent and pummels into the dirt with his shit big game goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad