Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Skinner is 85.7% through 2 games.

That's not even good enough for 80's goaltending.

Oilers are lucky they have faced Talbot who is 86.7% so far... if the Kings had a better goaltender this series would be in far more jeopardy.
IMG_4745.gif

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
When was the last time you were 100% completely confident in our goalie? If you said 1st year of Talbot with McLellan I'll give you a pass, but the actual answer is Roloson.

18 years ago.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I don't believe in this team winning 16 games.

16 games boys! Do you?

Oilers will scratch this series out and lose in 6 next series MARK MY WORDS
thats the spirit! Cheer for losing so you can get an “I told you so” on a fan forum!

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Adin hill was literally a nobody until brossoit went down. Give pickard a chance we know what we have with Skinner and its a second round exit, best case scenario.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
When was the last time you were 100% completely confident in our goalie? If you said 1st year of Talbot with McLellan I'll give you a pass, but the actual answer is Roloson.

18 years ago.
Honestly I was generally mostly comfortable with Mike smith. He was either the worst goalie in the league or the best. But more good than not.

But yeah, in truth it’s been awhile…

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
OH f*** looks like the only player people wanna blame is skinner.

LMFAO what a joke

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
thats the spirit! Cheer for losing so you can get an “I told you so” on a fan forum!
I mean I don't think this team is winning 16 games either with our goaltending. We got the best fire power in the league.

I'd love to be proven wrong but being critical of the team doesn't mean looking for an I told you so.

Hell I went all leafs and canucks in my pool to at least hedge my happiness and hope in out end of next week.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
So I'm being laugh reacted for trying to stay positive?

f***ing ok.

Oilers in 5, bitches!
I honestly think the team has, if not dominated the Kings, so atleast heavily outplayed them.
Their bounces gotta stop at some point right..Only really worried about the goaltending.

• Love
Reactions: PBandJ

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Well it was a ridiculous and stupid post.

Pickard has a decent glove hand. Kings were beating Skinner high glove hand all night from basically anywhere. Try to think a bit.

Right because you’re the holy god of hockey. My bad, forgot about that through all of my ridiculousness and stupidity.

I also forgot that somehow you are smarter than the 31 other GMs that aren’t starting Calvin Pickard.

It’s just amazing to me that a once in a generation hockey mind like yours is posting on a stupid fan board and not in a front office of an NHL team enjoying what I am sure would be unparalleled success.

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't believe in this team winning 16 games.

16 games boys! Do you?

Oilers will scratch this series out and lose in 6 next series MARK MY WORDS

We might be able to beat Vancouver as well since they can't really score for shit either.

But with Skinner playing at this level this team isn't coming out of the west.

Reactions: Oilhawks

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Kings top players aren’t on the level of ours. But yeh, they made the plays tonight. Kempe with that bat out of mid air for goal 2. Byfield with the bat to Kopi in OT. They’re quick bang bang plays that they executed on. Meanwhile our guys found it difficult to get much going all game. We needed a couple of surprise Hollywood snipes to even have this tied.
They just executed when they needed to.
So much time in the Kings D zone for the Oilers and they accomplished very little.
The Kings bent but didnt break.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Tampa won two Cups and the Panthers decimated us when we played them. They’re better than us.
Tampa's not even close to their cup winning teams and they have one of the best goalies in the world. Florida is a very good team, in the same tier as Edmonton, but their goaltending is far superior. Stats don't lie no matter how much you want to pretend they don't exist.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Speaking of invisible, how about that skinner guy that you keep defending
You mean that guy who you’re actually cheering against and hoping the team loses because of him just so you can feel better about crapping on fans for them actually wanting the team to win? Oh no heaven forbid that fans of a team would want their goalie to play well and the team to win. So weird that that’s a completely foreign concept for you. You’d rather the team lose lol.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I thought the oilers drove the majority of the play.

Skinner let in 2, arguably 3 soft goals.

I don't think he's going to have a game like this again in the series. Oilers win this series in 5-6 with the way they have played if the goaltending is even reasonable IMO.
They did.
I dont know what the Zone time numbers were but it looked to me like the Oilers had a big advantage there but ultimately could get much done.
Thats what the Kings do. For the nost part they just prevent high danger chances better than the other team. I thought that Talbot should have had Holloways first goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad