Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Apparently it is. It was all last playoffs. We mortaged the entire playoffs on giving Skinner every start because he asked for them and a coaching staff stupid enough to give him every start. Hope KK is smarter but I would be surprised if we saw Pickard get any start.

I mean I’m gonna tell you this right now, Pickard will not swoop in and save us.

The way this team is built, your only option is Skinner. That’s not even bias that’s just a fact. Pickard is a AHL-calibre goalie that’s had an excellent season. Skinner is a highly inconsistent NHL goalie that can switch from Vezina candidate to ECHL reject at the drop of the hat.

Pickard is every bit as inconsistent as Skinner but doesn’t have his upside. It’s really as simple as that.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Don't forget RNH. Trash as usual.
I mean, I'm kinda numb to Nuge's vanilla offensive game. I'm just as surprised as he is when he scores. He did have a couple nice defensive plays, and wasn't hindering the offense, even a few nifty passes.

I want to see more from him, but he isnt on the level of disappointment as the other 2 especially in our starting goaltender and highest paid Dman. Ceci you almost expect it with where they are playing him in the lineup.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oilers played way too loose today, and for the most part the kings were able to break up our forechecks and get into our zone with ease. It’s not hard enough to play the Oilers in the Dzone. Every contender makes you muck and grind and battle, we’re waaaaay too loose.
There was a point in the 3rd when it was 4-4 and I thought that the Kings looked more composed. More methodical with thier game.
Oilers looked a little scattered to me. They didnt look like a SC contender at all.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
There are 2 major issues tonight, regardless of us coming back, the 3-1 goal was atrocious, getting scored on after scoring a big goal has been in this teams DNA for over a decade. They can’t seem to kick that and it hurt them tonight.

The 4-3 goal is really the only goal I didn’t like from skinner, that’s a back breaker.

They just weren’t polished enough tonight.

Reactions: NeverForget06

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
1714023117725.jpeg

Skinner is about to be hanging out with Georgiev in GSAE.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Skinner thinks he played okay and wasn’t a big factor in the game.

He’s so f***ing delusional
This is the problem, he doesn't take any responsibility for his play and that's probably part of the reason he doesn't get any better. No accountability ffs. What a horrible post game interview by him.

Reactions: UHHHH SON

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Skinner was bad tonight. Edmonton wins this game 9/10 times if they get reasonable goaltending.

Hopefully thoughts of last year don't creep into their heads
Well watch McD's reaction on the ice and on the bench after the Fiala goal, long shot from the boards. That was as close to muttering JFC as it gets. Its like what do we have to do to get some traction in this game. You know, maybe this, scoring 4 goals at home, and giving up hardly any scoring chances (only 7 whole game) it should be enough.

Reactions: McBigYak

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh, Skinner gave 1 stinker. But what was more disappointing to me was he let in pretty much every good scoring chance they had. I dunno.. I was just wincing every shot L.A took after that fourth one. Edmonton carried the play and the chances i felt. I think skinner flat out lost this one.
He did and anyone trying to say he didn't is completely lost.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Every playoffs are an emotional roller coaster the high highs and the low lows but here we are win or lose on to game 3 and we know it's never easy!
You mean skinner shouldn’t be crying and pinning himself to the cross because he needs to reset his mind and get ready for the next game?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We scored four goals…

This one lands solely on the dude between the pipes
The Oilers don’t register a shot until like five minutes in and only started ramping up their play when they were behind. They played shit hockey in the third. As soon as it went to OT everyone knew they would lose.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
All skinner has to do is be average. And he’s already failing. Should have been pulled early because he wasn’t any better the rest of the game. He didn’t make one save to keep his team in it. Zero. Completely let his team down tonight. When he fails again next game in LA I hope knobblauch has the stones to start Pikard else this will be woodcroft all over again.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well watch McD's reaction on the ice and on the bench after the Fiala goal, long shot from the boards. That was as close to muttering JFC as it gets. Its like what do we have to do to get some traction in this game. You know, maybe this, scoring 4 goals at home, and giving up hardly any scoring chances (only 7 whole game) it should be enough.
Body language expert!!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
All you have to do is listen to one post game interview with this guy.

Pats himself on the back like no one else.
Thinks he's a rockstar. The most inflated ego on the team, which is pretty weird. Look at me I'm Joe Cool back here. ;) Oh whoops, I wasn't paying attention, another puck went in...oh well, Oilers will score two more..

Reactions: McDeepika

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Him flopping across on that cross crease and getting lucky it didn’t go in shoulda gotten him pulled.

Was the worst technique I’ve ever seen

Not my fault skinner though

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad