Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree it’s the easy move for sure. It’s more pie in the sky hopes and dreams. I like nurse overall. Just the contract is an anchor and prevents us from filling holes and rounding out the team
I dont get this. There isnt much to like about Nurse.
How many of the Kings goals was he on the ice for?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Frustrating game for Connor. He refused to dump the puck in and was constantly stripped of the puck on zone entries.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes we will keep blaming the goalie when there are 5 goals a game against.

Did you see the oilers pp tonight? Talbot stood on his head. Didn't matter they were getting shots through the pk and the "defense". Make a f***ing save once in a while.

Yeah I agree. I put that on woodcroft and he deserved to be fired after Campbell won us a game skinner would have cost us.
The Oilers played one good period and decided that was enough. They might as well have not even come out after the second.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Skinners time is done in Edmonton. Only a matter of time before he starts getting booed during games instead of Stuuu.

All the haters were right, he is a piece of shit and needs to be publicly flogged for costing us 2 f***ing cups!
I was never a fan of his. I’ll congratulate him when he does have a good game but I don’t trust or believe in him as “the guy”. Again tonight, that Doughty dribbler on the breakaway should not have gone through him. I didn’t see goal #4. That breakaway goal and the save Talbot made off Drai in the second were the difference between a 2-0 lead and going to LA 1-1, where we know Bettman will be sending his worst officials. If Trevor Hansen, Chris Schlenker, Jon McIsaac or St. Laurent are called to do any of these games, the fix is definitely trying to be put in.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yup...too many soft plays in their own zone. That butter soft play by Bouchard on the Kings first goal was inexcusable.
That first goal is on foegele, Bouchard gets it out to foegele and instead of grabbing it, he just flys the zone.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Pickard starting would be one ballsy ass move, I highly doubt we see him without a drastic lead or a drastic failure
Feels like a ballsy move that Knob could make though! Look at Boston, rotating is working for them and Skinner isn't built for this much action.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We’re going to piss away another year with McDavid because we keep hitching our wagon to a goalie who can’t perform in the postseason. I’m not putting all of the goals on him but at the end of the day you need to make some big saves in the postseason

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
If you think players aren't bothered by bad games, especially in the playoffs...really?

To be fair, skinner isn’t exactly the most humble person lol. He usually credits himself during post game interviews… just a little more than most would

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I see lots of Skinner blame after this one. He needs to be better, but I don’t think it’s fully justified. Only bad goal was Fiala’s

Kings had every bounce tonight and capitalized. When we were on, we dominated

Not worried. Flush it. Move on to Friday
I'm not worried about this series, but the Oilers aren't winning the WC let alone the cup if they get goaltending like that.

The only goal Skinner 100% had no chance on was the 2nd Kempe goal. The Doughty goal was almost equally embarrassing as the Fiala goal. If he's not going to save the Kopitar goal in OT then he needs to have the first Kempe goal. Talbot also got beat on a shot or 2 tonight that was difficult but saveable, but the difference is Talbot also saved 3 or 4 goals that Skinner didn't.

Im getting really tired of Skinner getting outplayed by a systems goalie who is a low tier starter.

Reactions: oXo Cube

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pisses me off because this game was imminently winnable. Oilers had vast margin in play, Oilers had great movement and chances on PP, we outchanced Kings by Miles and Skinner says hold my beer.

f***!. Now its a 6 or 7 game series again.
They didn’t bother showing up until they were losing. No killer instinct whatsoever. Night and day from game one.

Reactions: AT14C

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I see lots of Skinner blame after this one. He needs to be better, but I don’t think it’s fully justified. Only bad goal was Fiala’s

Kings had every bounce tonight and capitalized. When we were on, we dominated

Not worried. Flush it. Move on to Friday

Meh, Skinner gave 1 stinker. But what was more disappointing to me was he let in pretty much every good scoring chance they had. I dunno.. I was just wincing every shot L.A took after that fourth one. Edmonton carried the play and the chances i felt. I think skinner flat out lost this one.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
It's because this board is full of posters who handle goalies with kid gloves and think any play where any skater makes even a slight mistake means the goaltending holds no fault.
It's because the people on this board think the good teams play nothing but good 100% of the time and it isn't superior goaltending bailing em out or making big saves here and there.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Pisses me off because this game was imminently winnable. Oilers had vast margin in play, Oilers had great movement and chances on PP, we outchanced Kings by Miles and Skinner says hold my beer.

f***!. Now its a 6 or 7 game series again.
I said Oilers in 6, only because they take the Kings lightly every single year

this is never gonna be a sweep...probably not even a 5-gamer

Reactions: McMozesmadness

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Oilers all over the Kings, they get one f***ing chance and it goes in
If that trend continues, it'll even out as the series progresses. tbh, i want them to face adversity in the 1st round. If they just roll the kings in 4, it would set them up for a disappointing 2nd round, imo. They came back from 3-1 deficit in the 1st, and forced OT. It sounds silly, but losing game 2, in the order it happened, is a blessing in disguise

We will see the Edmonton Oilers in game 3.
4 and 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad