Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

TheSecondSeason

Apr 20, 2024
Also hey Nurse/Ceci is still a pairing. They’re awesome, keep playing them together.
Ceci has a very low IQ when it comes to reading plays and getting out of position to check. OT was a prime example. No situational awareness. Broberg has better awareness than this guy. Nurse just seems to be out of position all the time.

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
I think you just roll with one of Pickard/Campbell and live with the results. Skinner can’t cost us Drasaitl and McDavid. The city is not ready for them to leave

Reactions: GrumpyKoala

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Yeah, Oilers didn't deserve to win tonight. They played too comfortable most of the game. Skinner and Nurse were the goats but they needed more from a lot of the players. Support cast actually showed up
Wash the hands. Move on. Kings played their A game. Not sure they can do that every night

Oilers aren’t afraid of other teams arenas. I actually think McDavid and Drai thrive off the hatred from enemy crowds

Reactions: nally and Oilhawks

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Do you even watch other teams? Show examples of fragile goalies taking a team places.

He loses his fundamentals when he is rattled. It’s so clear. Why was Doughty chuckling after his goal?

Clown take? You’re as fragile as Skinner.
You’re the Shane Corson’s of fans. Imagine actually hoping your team loses just so your hate of a player can feel justified.

Trash.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bad defense, worse goaltending. Achilles heel of this team. This was one of those nights where you were worried every time the Kings directed a puck towards the Oilers net. I’m not surprised Skinner wasn’t pulled tonight even though he was awful. Game 2 of the playoffs is too early to be messing with your goalies head, especially after you’ve won game 1 but, the leash has to get much shorter starting now. We saw last year that he couldn’t put back to back good games together in the playoffs. He stopped fighting after the second goal tonight, just like he was doing last year. That needs to be recognized by the coaching staff and dealt with. Knoblach can’t be afraid to start his other goalie when Skinner goes off the rails.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Next GM has to work some magic and have the balls to push Skinner back into a tandem position. As good as he was in the regular season, he hasn't been good enough both playoffs now.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Could see that result coming from a mile away. But going to LA I’m feeling better about there game. They play a much simpler game away. At Roger’s they can be great or they wilt under the pressure like tonight. It was a weird game energy wise compared to game one.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I think you do, the jig is up with Skinner. All the Skinner defending, look back to the 06 run and see all of the highlite unreal saves Roloson made. That's what gets you to the finals. Skinner isn't going to provide that elite goaltending ever.

You go with Pickard and you hope like he'll he seizes the moment!
I give my starter one more game. He got them there. It's not about being a "Skinner defender". He had a bad game. But I also think he had a good game 1.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ceci has a very low IQ when it comes to reading plays and getting out of position to check. OT was a prime example. No situational awareness. Broberg has better awareness than this guy. Nurse just seems to be out of position all the time.
Knoblauch keeping them together is braindead. This coach ain’t it.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
This is why I hate this place.

Second year guy, wasn’t good enough today, but to say you’ll never support him is an absolute clown take. Embarrassed for you.
I can’t stand this whole “I’m dug in on hating this player forever” nonsense that many around here spew.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Yeah, this really is the truth. Whenever he looks good, its because the team is playing really well. He makes most of the stops that is expected of him, but almost never saves the high danger chances.
I've said this all season and so many Skinner fans during the streak were all see see see how awesome Skinner is? No he has never been, the defensive system hid so many of his weaknesses.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
allowing that goal cannot possibly be all on Skinner. He actually made a lot of saves after the first three goals against.

That breakaway happening in OT is inexcusable
I mean go watch Boston play. Even 2 games ago, when they had Ullmark and lost, hes making some spectacular saves, and Swayman has been unreal. If Boston had Stu Boston would have lost 7-3 today. Stu doesnt save high danger chances, almost ever.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That Fiala goal was amateur hour by Skinner. Still ticks me off. Happy for Holloway.. That's it..
If anybody asks Skinner he'll say he played a solid game. People were talking up before game what a great quailty it is that he never gets upset, that he's all cool. Well, nothing bothers him. Letting 5 goals in doesn't bother him, at all, thats part of the problem. The guy is so lax with everything. 2mins left in regulation he misplays puck on a routine dump and we're luckly Kings had nobody on the rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad