Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
You score 11 goals in 2 games... you should be up 2-0.

Now the series becomes a slog as the Kings can better play their own style in their own rink.

Oiler will still win this... but again this series is harder than it needs to be... because of the Oilers themselves rather than their opponents.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Holloway is going lets keep him on the fourth line after his 2nd goal make that make sense. Foegele gaffed the first goal and wasn't very impactful at all during the periods 2 or 3 so why would you not swap those players? I'd rather have Samsonov in the playoffs than Skinner at this point its pretty sad.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I don't think Pickard is the answer. Damn, yet another goaltending controversy..... We have to hope that Skinner and D rebound in LA.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
He also had some absolute tire fire playoff games.
Yeah guy would absolutely put him self int he worst spot. Thing I remember about Mike Smith he cost us the first game Vs kings and last game Vs avs.

Started and ended the playoffs the same. Literally costing us the game. Oh and he had a full blown chimp meltdown blaming anyone but himself.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Ceci was up at the redline for some reason tangled with someone and Nurse not covering him. Needs to make that save though.
I can’t even count how many times tonight I said “what the f*** are you doing Ceci”

I get he’s not a top pairing D. But he makes decisions like a junior high kid.

Reactions: Tom Brady

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
5 more games folks….the sky has not fallen.
Wins are good. Too many people expect sweeps i think.

We did not deserve this game.

Drai and McDavid only “good” tonight and not great

And Kane was the only player on the 3rd line that played well tonight. Perry with the stare at the end of the game when he was absolute garbage. Honestly I hate our 3rd line right now. McLeod is so so so soft. It kills us

And then throw in skinners bad performance and it was a bad recipe

Good teams find a way through this.

Best of 5. Let’s go

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I thought the Kings were the better team tonight. Breakaways in OT are bad news.

Yeah, Oilers didn't deserve to win tonight. They played too comfortable most of the game. Skinner and Nurse were the goats but they needed more from a lot of the players. Support cast actually showed up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad