OT: Class Act by the Oilers

goggog

Sep 2, 2006
Canada
Ultimately what matters more is municipalities improving commute highways and outlying range roads beyond death carnage traps that people have to take like Russian roulette hoping to get home in one peace. That would occur perhaps more if levels of gof

Sure. However this particular accident was caused by an impaired driver so that may be a more pressing issue

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I am good friends with one of their children and have met the entire family on numerous occasions

I could not care less if the Oilers gained publicity from this. The *****ing about treating "tier 1 fans" is embarrassing.

It was something the Oilers and Letestu absolutely did not have to do and it was something special that the Jorgenson's will remember forever - especially after the hell they have been through this past year. That is what actually matters.

Basically came here to say this

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sure. However this particular accident was caused by an impaired driver so that may be a more pressing issue

Whoops, I didn't mean that comment to get out. I had thought about writing that and then thought better of it. But this board format remembers the last thing you typed even if your intent was not to post it. Being that its out anyway I meant to say that govts should improve some of the death traps that are the regional commuter roads. Man some of those are scary to drive on.

Tragic that this was due to an impaired driver, just horrible. My wife and I support MADD as well. Not because we've been that profoundly impacted (we have been hit by a drunk driver) but more because its the right thing to do.

Just a word out to everybody that doing your part is ENSURING that nobody leave your place ever under the influence but especially during the drinking happy season in front of us. REFUSE to allow people that have been drinking\indulging to leave under the influence. If they don't respect that they aren't anybodies real friends.

We like to empty out a spare room and have people stay there if they need or want to overnight.

But then we've been known to put whipping cream and a maraschino cherry on top of their noses.. our friends have done worse..

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It's too bad they only do this for the Tier one fans. How many stories I have heard of tier two fans don't get heard by the Oilers when they are in pain and suffering, and yet, still cheer for the Oilers?

Don't get me wrong, great to see them do this, but I wish they did this WAY more to not just people who are STH. Do it for the families who have LOW incomes and let them come out to a game, or take the whole Stollery Childrens hospital kids who can make it to a game come. Now that would be something to behold.

I think the players and the team actually do a lot for the underpriviledged and suffering amoungst the community, either through the org or individually, but you and I aren't privy to seeing and knowing all of it. No way should acts like this should ever be criticized, STHer or not. I thought it was pretty cool that someone that chose to spend their hard earned money on an organization that has been wishy washy for a long time, and were unable to go to support them due to something horrific that happened, and received a special visit and invite to ONE game, as an appreciation of loyalty and recognition of a bad situation. It's the good part of running a business.Would be lovely to save the world, but you do what you can, when you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paralyzer

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Oilers players go to the Stollery alot. My brother works there and see's them all the time.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
But you just did. You are judging me and my character thinking I am finding a way to **** on the Oilers and that isn't disrespect to me at all...Really? I didn't say I wasn't happy with this...I'm just saying my opinion of the matter is Oilers want publicity so they do it for a STH. I didn't say it wasn't amazing or that the Oilers didn't do him justice...I'm perfectly fine with the situation...I'm just saying the fact it was a STH and not a person who isn't a STH get's the spotlight. I'm just asking politely why they don't do this for others who aren't STH. That's all. But thanks for showing me your judging of character by reading the front page of a cover instead of looking beyond that.

The problem here is you’re judging the act based on the fact that he is a STH and ignoring all the many thing the Oilers do for the community at large every year.

Oh, and the Oilers and the Oilers Community Foundation donate 100’s of tickets every year to local hospitals and charities so multiple non-STH can go to games. Your assertions that this only happens to “Tier 1” fans is completely wrong.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The problem here is you’re judging the act based on the fact that he is a STH and ignoring all the many thing the Oilers do for the community at large every year.

Oh, and the Oilers and the Oilers Community Foundation donate 100’s of tickets every year to local hospitals and charities so multiple non-STH can go to games. Your assertions that this only happens to “Tier 1” fans is completely wrong.

How was I ignoring it? If people are saying they are doing these things, then I believe them. I was just asking a simple question, not questioning the Oilers on their commitment. But thanks for judging me once again even though you're wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad