OT: Bourne on Ribeiro & "Locker Room Cancers"

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
2 things

He can still produce as we have seen him do it in Phoenix and if you can somehow get him to act like an adult, and about the team maybe just maybe he will change his ways, as he most likely believes this is his last chance to be a regular NHL'er.

Cheap, quick contract, if he is still a pain in the you know what, it is not a huge loss, he is only paid $405,000 more than Caron:laugh:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
No Thanks.

You always hope people can turn it around, but I'm reasonably certain the B's would never touch a guy like this.

The tight knit, "playing for my teammates" mentality that's been established under the Chia (and Neely, and Sweeney, and...) is a special thing not to be taken lightly. We're lucky to have it.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You always hope people can turn it around, but I'm reasonably certain the B's would never touch a guy like this.

The tight knit, "playing for my teammates" mentality that's been established under the Chia (and Neely, and Sweeney, and...) is a special thing not to be taken lightly. We're lucky to have it.

Sounds like a catcher that was recently released.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Mike Ribeiro embodies the perfect Montreal Canadien. A overrated, whining, crying, arrogant, diving pansy. He should have remained a Hab forever and had his number retired as a symbol of what a sorry organization looks like. I'm sure if they showed that video at the Belle Centre, 20,000 would be on their feet applauding the wonderful hockey moment.

I feel bad that a team I like and a coach I like is going to be infected by this clown.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Mike Ribeiro embodies the perfect Montreal Canadien. A overrated, whining, crying, arrogant, diving pansy. He should have remained a Hab forever and had his number retired as a symbol of what a sorry organization looks like. I'm sure if they showed that video at the Belle Centre, 20,000 would be on their feet applauding the wonderful hockey moment.

I feel bad that a team I like and a coach I like is going to be infected by this clown.

I agree with this, but in a latter day kind of way. Yes, MTL fans & media have always been certifiable, much of which has to do with a contentious relationship toward English speaking Canada. MTL fans & media may have viewed themselves as superior, but always with a chip on their shoulder (this last is familiar, no?) Exhibit A: The Rocket.

What we've seen in MTL the past 20 plus years is a grotesque inversion of the greatest franchise in NHL history.

I saw all of those unbelievable MTL teams in the 70's -- often up close, as we had season's ticket's at the old Olympia -- and know the prior history well. Every other club in the league hated them for the same reason: they were in a class by themselves.

They're on the upswing, and I suspect they're going to leave behind some of the stuff we've seen.

It's interesting how often teams embody the towns, and the fan base, they play for. Look at us; look at MTL. We all know what it means to be a Flyers fan, and celebrity culture of NYR. We see TO, and take pity. (Pity? The Toronto Maple Leafs Present Day = The Boston Red Sox, pre-2004, media & fan base. The most perfect analogy I'll ever conjure. :nod:)

But I digress, :)

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I honestly believe one of the things the Habs practice s diving . It has to be, so many of them have been doing it through the years it has to be part of the game plan.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I agree with this, but in a latter day kind of way. Yes, MTL fans & media have always been certifiable, much of which has to do with a contentious relationship toward English speaking Canada. MTL fans & media may have viewed themselves as superior, but always with a chip on their shoulder (this last is familiar, no?) Exhibit A: The Rocket.

What we've seen in MTL the past 20 plus years is a grotesque inversion of the greatest franchise in NHL history.

I saw all of those unbelievable MTL teams in the 70's -- often up close, as we had season's ticket's at the old Olympia -- and know the prior history well. Every other club in the league hated them for the same reason: they were in a class by themselves.

They're on the upswing, and I suspect they're going to leave behind some of the stuff we've seen.

It's interesting how often teams embody the towns, and the fan base, they play for. Look at us; look at MTL. We all know what it means to be a Flyers fan, and celebrity culture of NYR. We see TO, and take pity. (Pity? The Toronto Maple Leafs Present Day = The Boston Red Sox, pre-2004, media & fan base. The most perfect analogy I'll ever conjure. :nod:)

I don't know - the whining, diving culture is pretty ingrained in Montreal these days. Unless a forceful coach puts his foot down and demands an end to it, it's not going to change. And Therrien isn't that guy.

I know what you mean about the old Canadiens - I always picture guys like Beliveau or Harvey or Savard cringing at the antics today's Canadiens stage on a routine basis. But who's saying "enough!"? To paraphrase a certain coach, Rocket Richard's not walking through that door.

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
That was a disgrace.

An embarrassment to the game. One of his own teammates should have dope slapped him.

If there was justice, they would picking pieces of that weasel out of Marty Lapointe's stool. Total d bag.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I agree with this, but in a latter day kind of way. Yes, MTL fans & media have always been certifiable, much of which has to do with a contentious relationship toward English speaking Canada. MTL fans & media may have viewed themselves as superior, but always with a chip on their shoulder (this last is familiar, no?) Exhibit A: The

Rocket.

Toronto is more like the Cubs. Many awful seasons. No finals appearances since 1967. The Red Sox had many good teams and great players in their drought. 4 heartbreaking Gm 7 world Series losses. 46, 67, 75 and 86 of course. Leafs never got anywhere near a championship.

skullguise

Nov 13, 2007
North Andover, MA
I will always hated that play when he was with MTL. That said, i may be one of the few who liked him a bit more (disliked him less?) once he left MTL. Not that I saw a lot, but I liked some of what I saw of him in Dallas....

I would hope he's learned some humility over the years, especially after being bought out while still in/near his prime.

But I ultimately agree, wouldn't want him on the Bruins.

And re: MTL moving away from diving? Well, not so sure of that, they seemed to do quite a bit of it in the last playoffs, under the new coach and GM.....may or may not happen, but I think it'll take a long time if it does happen.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That was a disgrace.

An embarrassment to the game. One of his own teammates should have dope slapped him.

This is ALWAYS what I will think of when it comes to Riberio...Him rolling arouind on the ice like the slime that he is.

It was pathetic.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
remember this. and didnt Nick Boynton give him the mock-slash across the throat in that series? Or am I thinking of a diff game.

dishonesty gets you no where. Just ask Kovalev (Murray Score!!!!)

I had forgotten that. :laugh: I am not even sure this was the game but Nick did that more than once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad