OT: Best food at Gila River Arena

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I really like Smoke's Poutinerie (incorrectly called Tim Horton's on another thread :blush: ). I had the bacon cheeseburger poutine last season and it was good, then this season, I had the chicken bacon ranch poutine and I'm in heaven. I had it TWICE during the Devils game. (Don't tell dad I bough two poutines. :( ) What are your favorite food or drink at Gila River Arena? (Honorable mention for the Timbits at Tim Horton's. )

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I find it somewhat funny that you like Smoke's poutine, because the poutine at Smoke's is rather legitimately the worst poutine I've ever had. To each their own, I suppose. :)

My arena food favorite is, and I'm not sure what else to call it, the "macho nachos" you can get from various stands around the place. As good as it tastes, I have to remind myself to not get it until the second intermission, because the indigestion kicks in after about an hour, and I don't want to be at the game anymore once it does... :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The highest quality item for sale is the Aquafina water bottle for $5. The food's gone a long way down since the opening of the arena.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Someone said the grilled cheese and soup was good wherever they sell that at...I don't even know.
I just see people with it.
I get the same thing every game and never try anything different...
Ridiculous..I gotta start getting something besides Papa Johns and Nachos later.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Fries are good if you get there early when fresh (don't use ketchup, see the last gdt ;))

The pretzel bags are decent bang for the buck.

The Tacos on the lower level at the stand in the middle of the concourse are serviceable as more of a meal.

The highest quality item for sale is the Aquafina water bottle for $5. The food's gone a long way down since the opening of the arena.

I think the peak of arena cuisine such as it is was in 2007 or so. They also had refillable cups around 2009 for $3 a piece. I gave them way more money then than I do now that they are 8 bucks w/ no refills.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I before would always grab some of the Timbits. Not too bad price ($3) and taste good. I haven't gotten it in awhile though as every time I walk by the Tim Horton's stand there is a super long line and I don't feel like waiting 10 minutes for them.

I agree with everyone that said the food has gone down in quality from before. My guess is that they are squeezing the quality down to save money while still charging roughly the same price or higher. Unfortunately they squeezed the quality down so much I always eat before the game or after the game somewhere else.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The quality of the concessions has taken a nosedive, but the turkey sandwiches available from the drinks bar across from the team store were always reliably stupendous.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Ate at the arena today (I'm from out of town, was my first time at a Yotes game) and tried the Smoke's poutine as suggested by some of the posters above. It tasted great!

Overall great experience at the game!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Last night was probably the last game I get to attend this season so I decided to go with the Poutine entre for main course and followed it up with Cinnamon Wetzel Bitz for desert.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Last night was probably the last game I get to attend this season so I decided to go with the Poutine entre for main course and followed it up with Cinnamon Wetzel Bitz for desert.

My stomach was already filled when I strolled into GRA last night but just in case I don't get to another game, I filled up past capacity on poutine. Something went horribly wrong in my bowels late last night but it was worth it!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

The Cinnamon Wetzel Bitz are the greatest food item on the entire GRA menu if you ask me.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Unfortunately (HAHA) my Wife is Celiac so I had to finish the whole bag myself. It was tough but I'm no quitter!!!!

I've had to take the bullet for the team in that way many times. I've done my duty without complaint!

(Also, I get the frosting dipping sauce and lick the container clean. TMI?)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I like both the pretzels and the cinnamon things but they need to sell half bags. Also cut the butter glaze by like 30% on the pretzels.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This post should lead to a banning!! And you should feel shame.
I like both the pretzels and the cinnamon things but they need to sell half bags. Also cut the butter glaze by like 30% on the pretzels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad