OT: 2014 NFL Football discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Anybody with Carolina's D has to be melting down right about now. -5 in ESPN leagues, although I got -1 from Houston today and still have a 23 point lead.

Houston was looking ok for a bit too, I have them too. I'm losing by 5 with the Bear's kicker left in that league so I can still win.

Man what a damn meltdown against a terrible offense. Bell is the only explosive player on that offense.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Houston was looking ok for a bit too, I have them too. I'm losing by 5 with the Bear's kicker left in that league so I can still win.

Man what a damn meltdown against a terrible offense. Bell is the only explosive player on that offense.

Yea, the fact that I got zero points out of the defense and tight end spot today (Pitta stunk and then got hurt) and still will most likely win is pretty amazing. Still have Johnson tomorrow while the dude I play has Gould so I'm finally off the schneid. Would have been an even bigger blowout if I started Bush and Jackson who got 32 points combined but thank god that didn't come back to bite me. Looks like Desean is back to a must play every week since they actually have a QB who can throw now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yea, the fact that I got zero points out of the defense and tight end spot today (Pitta stunk and then got hurt) and still will most likely win is pretty amazing. Still have Johnson tomorrow while the dude I play has Gould so I'm finally off the schneid. Would have been an even bigger blowout if I started Bush and Jackson who got 32 points combined but thank god that didn't come back to bite me. Looks like Desean is back to a must play every week since they actually have a QB who can throw now.

I just need a field goal or two from Gould and I win and Forte just needs to get a point (barring a horrible injury that is almost a guarantee).

I have Garcon who had a great day as well so I am with you on the Cousins train.

I have a serious RB problem in my one league. Tate is still hurt, Veeren isn't seeing enough action. Ellington is medicore and Woodhead is apparently an after thought in San Diego now. Hurts even more that Graham isn't doing as well as he did last year and D Thomas on the Broncos is getting WR3 looks. Curious to see how Patterson does with Bridgewater next week.

Peyton's 4th quarter heroics saved my ass in my other league though I most likely would of still won with Bell having a good night and Forte most likely going to have another good day tomorrow. Steve Smith had another good week (though Fred Jackson went off and is on my bench, good to see him getting work) Welker did alright on my bench too. Hilton WAS looking good before he got hurt. Hopefully he is ok because he could go off soon.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Up 143-106 I have Bennett to still go tomorrow he Has marshall. That one is locked up.

Won my second matchup 121-81 and then for my third and final one im winning 81-30. He has Cutler and Bears D I have no one. Pretty decent fantasy weekend

If all holds up Ill be 2-1 in all 3 leages

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
SD over Buffalo
Cincy over Tenn
NE over Oakland
Colts over Jax
NO over Minny
Giants over Texans
Philadelphia over Redskins
Dallas over STL
Cleveland over Baltimore **Upset Special
Detroit over GB in a close one
SF over Zona
Seattle over Denver
Pitt over Carolina
KC over Miami
Jets over Chicago

12-2 going into tonight
Very close to being 13-1 (Browns) and not far from 14-0 if SF also did not implode.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Did anybody see the Ike Taylor injury? Gruesome.

I get that the idea is to get the guy down, but there are more injuries, especially concussions, when a guy is stood up and the third man in gets a free shot. Half the time, he gets his own guy.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Did anybody see the Ike Taylor injury? Gruesome.

I get that the idea is to get the guy down, but there are more injuries, especially concussions, when a guy is stood up and the third man in gets a free shot. Half the time, he gets his own guy.

I didn't. I saw that idiot who got hurt celebrating a sack though.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
lol I was up 17 points against my opponent and all he had was the bears defense and the bears defense has 20 points.

looks like i start 0-3.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can someone tell Marty the Bears allow 170 yards rushing a game? You have THREE good running backs and ZERO good quarterbacks, RUN THE BALL!

Status Quo*

The Bears haven't done anything and are up 14-3. Jets just handing them it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol I pretty much gave up on Geno after that pick six but just when I was out they suck me back in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It would have been nice if the refs didn't quick-whistle that turnover before the half, the game would have looked a lot different cause we would have run that fumble back for six.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Thank god I already won my matchup and didn't need any big points from Chris Johnson tonight. Don't get this jets offensive gameplan either.

Same here :laugh: (and I was only playing CJ cause Foster was hurt anyway)

Johnson for all his big talk looks done. But of course it's not exactly the smartest thing in the world to run him inside and try to treat Ivory like he's the speedy receiving RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad