Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
The person I knew had the Ewing Sarcoma in his back. I would imagine that is pretty much the worst place to have it. I hope Lindblom’s is in an area with a better prognosis.
It appears that most cases afflict the long bones of the body (femur or humerus). That’s sadly not favorable either. My understanding of the disease is that it’s really dictated by how early it’s caught. One hopeful thing is that, with the amount of diagnostics behind the medical staff of a professional sports organization, whatever complaint led to the diagnosis allowed it to be caught early on. If that happens then the sarcoma doesn’t compromise the integrity of the bone and Oskar can recover fully in all manners. The scary parts are if it wasn’t caught early enough: deep involvement of the bone can lead to amputation to save him, if it’s metastasized then medically you just can’t keep up with all the targets.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It appears that most cases afflict the long bones of the body (femur or humerus). That’s sadly not favorable either. My understanding of the disease is that it’s really dictated by how early it’s caught. One hopeful thing is that, with the amount of diagnostics behind the medical staff of a professional sports organization, whatever complaint led to the diagnosis allowed it to be caught early on. If that happens then the sarcoma doesn’t compromise the integrity of the bone and Oskar can recover fully in all manners. The scary parts are if it wasn’t caught early enough: deep involvement of the bone can lead to amputation to save him, if it’s metastasized then medically you just can’t keep up with all the targets.

It could really be anywhere from the humerus to the fingers to the scapula to the ribs. It would be great if it were the distal pinky. Odds are it’s the humerus.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I worry that he’s in a sport where injuries & pain are common, & you battle through them, & think they’re something else....

Reactions: Kleefeld

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Nice touch by a Pens' beat. Too often forgotten as one of the greatest moments by Flyers' fans...

Oh good. More crying.

I said this earlier in this thread or somewhere else I dunno but one of my friends succumbed to Ewing sarcoma in late November of 2017. Grew up with him on the baseball diamond and went to school together. It was a tough go, so it's hard to see Oskar go through this. The winter gets colder.

Nolan M. Himes Foundation

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oh good. More crying.

I said this earlier in this thread or somewhere else I dunno but one of my friends succumbed to Ewing sarcoma in late November of 2017. Grew up with him on the baseball diamond and went to school together. It was a tough go, so it's hard to see Oskar go through this. The winter gets colder.

Nolan M. Himes Foundation

Really sorry to hear this happened to your friend. Its just not fair.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Yeah, not about me, but I get it. Mortality is awful.

Life is the ultimate gift. And i am ok with dying, like its out of my hands so there truly isn’t anything to worry about that is out of your control ( like the flyers never winning the cup). It just really hurts to see some people get an unfair shot at life. I went out on a date with this thai girl who came to America to give her son a better chance at life. Her 2 week touring visa expired 18 months ago and her employer knows this and is literally working her 60 hours a week at a thai restaurant. How can we treat each other so awfully. Its breaking my heart. Im in a really bad spot mentally right now. Im doing like an hour of cardio every day to get myself out of this funk but nothing is working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad