Oshie to be named alternate captain

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
But he's a drunk who misses practices...

This is the turning point for this club. The core that was developed is starting to take over the main leadership positions and now is the time we will see if we are contenders or pretenders.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Oshie is a love hate for me haha. Sometimes he will hold the puck a little too long for me in our own zone instead of making the simple pass. On the other hand a lot of times he ends up creating an opportunity that way. (Except when he ends up losing his balance and trips over the blue line.)

I would want a player who embodies Hitch's philosophy to be an alternate captain, and aside from above Oshie is exactly that. He's a hard worker and he checks really well. He looks bigger than he is on the ice and gets a lot of quality pick pockets.

He is getting older now so I'm sure his locker room presence has increased. He seems to be maturing every year so yeah I think he deserves this.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
interresting choice. he is good enough on the ice and it seems that his off ice issues are gone and forgotten. He also is definitely a well liked guy in the locker room, I just thought he'd be more the friend or clown type and not really a leader. we'll see.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
But he's a drunk who misses practices...

This is the turning point for this club. The core that was developed is starting to take over the main leadership positions and now is the time we will see if we are contenders or pretenders.

Oshie didn't miss practice because he was drunk, it was poor judgement so he was hunting down the evidence that would have made things much worse for him. Now this probably isn't new for a St. Louis athlete but he put himself in a position where there was undeniable proof of his behavior, and if it were to have come out I doubt we be hearing of him being inline for an A. He dodged a bullet for himself and the organization.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Oshie didn't miss practice because he was drunk, it was poor judgement so he was hunting down the evidence that would have made things much worse for him. Now this probably isn't new for a St. Louis athlete but he put himself in a position where there was undeniable proof of his behavior, and if it were to have come out I doubt we be hearing of him being inline for an A. He dodged a bullet for himself and the organization.

Take the gossip elsewhere, bub.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He's been an emotional leader for a long time now. I remember when the Blues showed a few of those behind the scenes episode and Oshie clearly energizes this team.

The whole missing practice thing was so overblown.

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis

I have no clue what you just said.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Good for him. One of the hardest working guys on the ice every night, you can never question his intensity.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
So, 4 assistants like last year?

I'd prefer if we could just have 2. At this point, it's hard for it not to be
C- Backes
A- Petro
A- Jackman

Oshie's still my favorite player, but I'd like to just have a regular setup.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
I have no clue what you just said.

Sorry I didn't go into more detail, but when I did about JS the mods deleted my post, in hindsight I probably shouldn't have said anything on either topic. I just don't like people being misinformed.

In the future I won't post about off ice situations.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
My hope is he steps up and becomes the kind of player that he can be. Hopefully, Perron being moved is the message being sent to Oshie and making him an alternate is hope in making him become more of a team player.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I have confidence in Oshie. 20 points in 30 games last year and 54 the year before. I think he could have a real chance at 55-60, maybe even 65 points. It's setup to happen. The only thing that could hurt his chances are if someone else steps up and performs. Whether it be Bergy, Frank, Schwartz, or someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad