Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I haven't seen any suspensions from last night game for Van Steensel so Lockhart must be okay is my guess

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Not really; he was asked, what are your thoughts towards the refereeing if you are Oulahen? Theberge answered, Livid …
That’s obvious.
he also said you should have penalties called in first rather second or third.

Also he said he feels NB has momentum going into the next game but to be clear, it junior hockey, I completely understand homerism and support it

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
he also said you should have penalties called in first rather second or third.
I think he inferred that is a rough break down of how penalties are issued in the playoffs, not necessarily how they should be called…’the ref sets the tone for how he wants the game played early’ was a quote from that dialogue.
My interpretation was that the battalion should not expect the lopsided amount of calls one way equaled later in a game.
Also he said he feels NB has momentum going into the next game but to be clear, it junior hockey, I completely understand homerism and support it
That was a bit weird. I think he was alluding to the effect Punnet has on the gens back end.
Remember, that guy’s life was centered around hockey since birth, not education of the English language.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I think he inferred that is a rough break down of how penalties are issued in the playoffs, not necessarily how they should be called. My interpretation was that the battalion should not expect the lopsided amount of calls one way equaled later in a game.

That was a bit weird. I think he was alluding to the effect Punnet has on the gens back end.
Remember, that guy’s life was centered around hockey since birth, not education of the English language.
you could be right on both accounts. It definitely came across as someone who is out to lunch but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
you could be right on both accounts. It definitely came across as someone who is out to lunch but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.
I have been listening to him for years, it’s possible I can understand what he means and not what can be interpreted by the dictionary definition of each word.
I love listening to the guy as he has first and second hand accounts of the game from every level over four generations.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Yeah I am hopeful that Lockhart will be fine, hopefully just precautionary to take him out of the game last night. Even if he misses a game or two, I can’t see it being too serious. Punnett looks more serious, but I think the team is in a good place right now and will be able to rally without him. Next man up. Between Danford, Marelli, D’Amato, Sandhu and Bedkowski, they’ll be okay. Just have to continue their commitment to defending as a 5 man unit and get that same buy in from the forwards.

........how would Gens look without Oster and their leading goal scorer...;just sayin'
Just like any team, you take away their starting goalie and their leading scorer, they won’t be as good. Just like every other team in the league. The fact is those two are apart of the team, and oshawa is loaded top to bottom. They’d be a good team regardless. North bay is still a good team with Romani and DD. It isn’t like McIvor hasn’t played well, he’s been solid and his stats aren’t bad at all.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Yeah I am hopeful that Lockhart will be fine, hopefully just precautionary to take him out of the game last night. Even if he misses a game or two, I can’t see it being too serious. Punnett looks more serious, but I think the team is in a good place right now and will be able to rally without him. Next man up. Between Danford, Marelli, D’Amato, Sandhu and Bedkowski, they’ll be okay. Just have to continue their commitment to defending as a 5 man unit and get that same buy in from the forwards.

Just like any team, you take away their starting goalie and their leading scorer, they won’t be as good. Just like every other team in the league. The fact is those two are apart of the team, and oshawa is loaded top to bottom. They’d be a good team regardless. North bay is still a good team with Romani and DD. It isn’t like McIvor hasn’t played well, he’s been solid and his stats aren’t bad at all.
Mcivor has been great. This is probably as good as what DD would do. But Romani is by far their best player and may win the MVP this year (he would be my pick) that is definitely a HUGE loss but the game of hockey is to be played regardless of injuries or not and that doesn’t take away from how well the gens are playing

Reactions: Whatanathol

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Anything on Punnett?
I’m not trolling, genuinely concerned as he is a great local kid. And if the Battalion are to have their season end I’ll be happy that Connor will move on to the final.

Reactions: LDN

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Anything on Punnett?
I’m not trolling, genuinely concerned as he is a great local kid. And if the Battalion are to have their season end I’ll be happy that Connor will move on to the final.
Seen in a boot and crutches after game Monday. no update other than that but I highly doubt he returns tonight or this series.

best bet for him and team is Oshawa wins tonight, London/Saginaw goes 6 or 7 games and gives him time to heal if it is minor.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Connor Punnett took warmup for Oshawa. Never looked comfortable and left the ice after 2 minutes of skating around and such has been scratched tonight

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
North Bay crowd is wild. Any time a general hits a troop and they fall, they scream for penalty and begin the "ref you suck" chants lol

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and howlman

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
North Bay crowd is wild. Any time a general hits a troop and they fall, they scream for penalty and begin the "ref you suck" chants lol
The Ertel hit was boarding. No different than the boarding call in Game 3.

Jackintheshwa

Jan 7, 2017
No surprise, If you listen to that buffoon of a colour commentator
and read their papers, Gens are getting away with everything.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Gens get to do it in front of the home crowd. Like it was expected. No one thought Oshawa would sweep North Bay.

Punnett taking warm-ups is a good sign. Could see him return Friday.

#Redhot

Reactions: Whatanathol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad