Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
1000005092.jpg

This now make it less likely Roobroeck is back with Oshawa. Most NHL teams don't have OA's play junior when they can be in the AHL.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Really hurts Oshawa's go for it year. They are going to have to empty the cupboard
I wonder if they go for a fairly similar player in Trent Swick from Kitchener. 6’7 Forward- ppg like roobroeck.

Don’t believe he is as skilled or fast but similar stats and size

I’m sure Kingston might be in on them as they don’t have much grit and are weak at LW and Flint loves the tall boys and has tons of picks.

Wonder if there is a bidding war

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
I got called a troll for posting this trade during the season from the Niagara fans lol it really is the fleece of the decade on the OHL imo
100% stupid trade by Niagara but, fleece of the decade?

Phil Tomasino
for
2nd, 2020 (OSH)
• 2nd, 2021 (KIT)
• 2nd, 2023 (OSH)
• 2nd, 2023 (GUE)
• 2nd, 2023 (KIT)
• 2nd, 2024 (OSH)
• 3rd, 2024 (WSR)
• 4th, 2020 (FLNT)
• 4th, 2024 (OSH)

he played 26 game and zero playoff games.
Covid or not, it's still horrible for Oshawa.
At the time I remember people asking why none of those were conditional picks.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019

Phil Tomasino
for
2nd, 2020 (OSH)
• 2nd, 2021 (KIT)
• 2nd, 2023 (OSH)
• 2nd, 2023 (GUE)
• 2nd, 2023 (KIT)
• 2nd, 2024 (OSH)
• 3rd, 2024 (WSR)
• 4th, 2020 (FLNT)
• 4th, 2024 (OSH)

Fair point but I do think Covid played a massive part in this looking bad. That season, Oshawa was not only expected to be all-in but we're also going to be host city, being lead by Tomasino.

I know we can't live on would, should, coulda but don't forget, the Tomasino trade was part 2 of the Studnika/Brassard trade from a year or two before so it a lot of those picks, correct me if I'm wrong, we're picks that were just given back to Niagara.

Reactions: All the Answers

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Fair point but I do think Covid played a massive part in this looking bad. That season, Oshawa was not only expected to be all-in but we're also going to be host city, being lead by Tomasino.

I know we can't live on would, should, coulda but don't forget, the Tomasino trade was part 2 of the Studnika/Brassard trade from a year or two before so it a lot of those picks, correct me if I'm wrong, we're picks that were just given back to Niagara.
Including part III;
Tommasino, Moore, 4-2nds, 4-3rds, 2-4ths
in exchange for
Brassard, Studnicka, Castle, 6-2nds, 3rd, 2-4ths

GU loses his mind over the suggestion of this over cooked 3-part deal, but the picks are very nearly a wash

Last edited:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Phil Tomasino
for
2nd, 2020 (OSH)
• 2nd, 2021 (KIT)
• 2nd, 2023 (OSH)
• 2nd, 2023 (GUE)
• 2nd, 2023 (KIT)
• 2nd, 2024 (OSH)
• 3rd, 2024 (WSR)
• 4th, 2020 (FLNT)
• 4th, 2024 (OSH)

Maybe someone with a better grasp of the OHL Draft Database sheet can let us know what Niagara has done with all of those picks. Did any of them survive the Summer/Fall of 2022 when DeDobbelaer was making a trade every day? The 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd were used on Brice Cook and Juan Copeland so that’s already a rough start

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Maybe someone with a better grasp of the OHL Draft Database sheet can let us know what Niagara has done with all of those picks. Did any of them survive the Summer/Fall of 2022 when DeDobbelaer was making a trade every day? The 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd were used on Brice Cook and Juan Copeland so that’s already a rough start
A lot of trades to track :)
Cooke returned 2, [4-‘23 (Galiyanov?)], 5 picks. Copeland was a bust, but Niagara managed to get London to take his scholarship and acquire Paris in the deal; there are two more years to find out how that went.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

at the time everyone asked why not make them conditional.

i thought that castle was the second part of the tomasino trade.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
i thought that castle was the second part of the tomasino trade.
That was what was rumoured at the time, even that Oshawa had possibly directed Castle not to report so they could also get compensatory pick out of it.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That was what was rumoured at the time, even that Oshawa had possibly directed Castle not to report so they could also get compensatory pick out of it.
it was all fairly convoluted, but i do remember alot of ppl thought it was crazy that they didnt protect the pics, but if there was a locked in second part, that would make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad