Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens would be the favourable match up for NB, imo. I doubt any team can beat a full Hamilton roster 4/7. Against PBO, there is a greater risk of early round attrition due to very hard border line hits.
Tonight is the perfect example of my point. Petes D/goalie can’t stop the worst scoring team in the entire league. Leaver stands on his head and outduals a top 2 goalie in the league and the gens upset a top dog with their big 1st rounder back. No matter what whoever’s in the 6/7/8 seed is the clear underdog, but you never want to play a team who has a better goalie than you. They don’t need to worry about that in a series with the Petes

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes I didn’t expect him to be putting up pts at the same clip as Butler. Not a good look
McSorley could have 200 points. He's an OA, Gens couldn't keep him.

McSorley has 5 goals in 2 games now. 4 goals in his other 78 career games lol. What a wild stat line

And if I'm not mistaken his lone Gens goal came in his debut. So then went 49 games without a goal in a row after that to end his Gens career lol

Reactions: The Little General

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
McSorley could have 200 points. He's an OA, Gens couldn't keep him.

McSorley has 5 goals in 2 games now. 4 goals in his other 78 career games lol. What a wild stat line

And if I'm not mistaken his lone Gens goal came in his debut. So then went 49 games without a goal in a row after that to end his Gens career lol
Yes it wasn’t to praise mcsorley, more to show how disappointing Butler has been with 3pts in his last 15 games. I keep expecting him to turn a corner and instead remains stagnant since entering the league

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Yes it wasn’t to praise mcsorley, more to show how disappointing Butler has been with 3pts in his last 15 games. I keep expecting him to turn a corner and instead remains stagnant since entering the league
Butler does so many things out there not scoring. Brings way more hockey knowledge to the table than McSorley. But ok let’s look at those stats then

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Butler does so many things out there not scoring. Brings way more hockey knowledge to the table than McSorley. But ok let’s look at those stats then
Yes ok so, he does so many things, has high hockey knowledge, is one of the bigger forwards in the league and is 2002 born with 3 years of experience. What is holding him back from being a high end player in the OHL?
When I’ve watched him play a handful of games he looked slow and disinterested. Maybe I caught him on his 5 bad nights.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes ok so, he does so many things, has high hockey knowledge, is one of the bigger forwards in the league and is 2002 born with 3 years of experience. What is holding him back from being a high end player in the OHL?
When I’ve watched him play a handful of games he looked slow and disinterested. Maybe I caught him on his 5 bad nights.
I think you and Nerf are both right. He does a lot of good things out there even when he isn’t scoring, they use him usually on the shutdown line in a defensive role. But he also needs to be putting up more points for sure. He has a high end shot that he hasn’t used very often. Needs to be more engaged offensively

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Thoughts from game 59 vs Barrie:

-One of the Gens best all around performances of the season, especially the last 45 minutes. Outshot them 16-3 in the 2nd, with their most dominant period against a good team all season and were never losing for a second in this game.

-I liked the lines last night. Tullio-Rolofs-Stepien had a couple good chances, Stepien alone getting 3 grade A ones. Olausson-Harrison-Ritchie had chemistry all night. Ritchie playing on the wing for one of the first times. Definitely helped the Gens in transition as he is so smooth and can gain the other teams zone so easily on the wing. Butler-Gagnier-McKinney is a great 3rd line and chipped in with the first goal of the game.

-Leaver stands on his head again stopping 30/32 and outdualing a top 2 goalie in the league. A joke he wasn't invited to the CHL Top Prospect game this week. Picked up his 20th win of the season

-PP looked good early. The Olausson goal was lucky (his 26th of the season, which would lead Barrie) but they should've scored on that same PP 20 seconds earlier after a great passing play and Ritchie hit the post on an empty net, so that evened out. But then late the PP was really bad and I feel like a couple weeks ago would've led to a let down and then the other team scores and OSH loses, but they didn't let it get them down and kept playing.

-The Thomas Stewart trade was an under the radar one (Stewart for Sbrocca straight up) but it's turned into a great trade. He doesn't provide much offence but he's turning into a legit shutdown type top 4 D with good PK minutes as well. They had him on D #1 with Moore lately and going against the other teams top players every shift. Almost completely shut down the Tabak-Vierling-Foerster and Cardwell-Jelsma-McDonnell top 2 lines tonight. He wasn't even in the OHL when the trade happened so nice job by the Gens scouts seeing him in the OJHL and seeing his potential.

-Gens win the season series against Barrie going 4-1-1 against them this year.

-Petes got blown out so Gens move 6 points up on them with the same # of games played

Reactions: The Little General
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad