GDT: Oscars

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
oscar_pistorius.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Best Picture: Amour, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Django Unchained, Les Misérables, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty​

Best Actor Leading Role: Bradley Cooper, Daniel Day-Lewis, Hugh Jackman, Joaquin Phoenix, Denzel Washington​

Best Actress Leading Role: Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Emmanuelle Riva, Quvenzhané Wallis, Naomi Watts​

envelope.jpg

-Django
- Washington
-Watts​

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Ben Affleck got hosed.

Argo
Denzel or Hugh
Jennifer Lawrence

I also hope Amy Adams wins finally.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
That photo is powerful and yet creepy at the same time.. (Who's in the Bathroom?)

On the Movies side, I agree that Argo was way over rated.. Good movie but not Oscar worthy common. 2012 movies was ahhhhhh....

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Going for my girl Jlaw. Her performance was incredible. Bradley Cooper won't win, but his performance was amazing. Totally underrated.

Though I won't be mad if Riva wins.

Can't wait for Anne Hathaway to most likely make a fool out of herself when she wins.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I actually thought this thread was dedicated to the Canucks and the Habs lol.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Love me some Seth McFarlane....I wonder how he'll do considering the um...shall we say....stuffy nature of the Oscars.

Finally saw Argo last night. I thought it was a great thriller, edge of your sea kinda business, but compared to Silver Linings and Django, it just doesn't fit. Silver Linings Playbook was easily the best movie I saw this year

Jennifer Lawrence was incredible in a juicy, made for Oscar role. She has to win. Any other year Bradley Cooper wins, but DDL is an institution....the man was born to play the part of Lincoln.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Seriously, anyone betting against Daniel Day Lewis is throwing their money away. May as well bet $100 on the Browns winning the SB next year.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Seriously, anyone betting against Daniel Day Lewis is throwing their money away. May as well bet $100 on the Browns winning the SB next year.

His transformation to Lincoln was impressive, but he was hardly the best actor in his group. He'll win for that alone.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Here is the Oscar talk now in my house:

Wife: isnt that dress beautiful

Me: I wonder what kind of panties she is wearing.

Wife: A-hole.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thinkin' of starting a poll: whose dress impressed you the most and why?

My wife has already kicked me away from the TV because of my "snarky" comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad