Celebrity Death: Oscar-nominated Rocky actor Burt Young, dead at 83

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I’ll always remember him most as the abusive sleazebag father in “Amityville II: The Posession”
He did play a lot of sleazebags and slobs, didn't he? Credit to him for making a career with unsavory roles that probably weren't like him. I'm reading that his wife died in 1974, even before he became famous, and he never re-married.

Last edited:

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Just watched Blood Beach this weekend with a friend and Burt Young is in it. When he popped up we had the "is he still alive?" discussion. I really did think he was dead, but think that's because he always seemed old and run down.

Movie isn't that great, but he's definitely enjoyable. One of those clear they just let him do his own thing type performances.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Coincidentally, I just saw him in a film I watched last weekend. I was doing a rewatch of "Chinatown"; it had been almost 40 years since the last time I watched it. And there he was; I hadn't remembered that he was in that film.
F8xWP1mW4AAAJrI.jpg

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
RIP

guy was such an underrated and incredible actor. aside from the scene where he kills mustang sally in the sopranos, this is my favorite scene of his

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad