Oscar klefbom

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
He's a high-risk, high-reward pick. Some people said he was the steal of the draft, but there's a very real possibility that he doesn't become more than a low-level NHLer.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
"Klef-Bomb" has a bomb of a shot, hes a big D man whos a good strong skater, gets into rushes, and has a gritty/mean streak about him. Also has leadership capabilities. Hes still raw with defensive game, but at that age almost every D man is. #2 upside

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Well I wanted Klefbom with out 19th pick, so I might be a bit biased ;) Klefbom is a good skater for his size but still could work on that part of his game. He has a good first pass and a good shot as well. He is strong and is willing to go into the corners, good hockey sense and is a good a leader. He can still work on his defensive play though. Not saying it's bad but it can be better IMO. I honestly believe he has the upside to become a number 1 defencemen, he has all the tools to do so. However, I expect him to be more of a number 2-3 defencemen. I hope he reaches his potential though.

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
As already pointed out, he's got a good set of skills and attributes, but he played a marginal role on his SEL team last season, he only really only got proper exposure at the U-18 where he did very well in an important role for Sweden.

The upcoming season will be very important for is development, but it isn't guaranteed he will get much more ice time because his team is very deep on the blueline, so hopefully he proves himself early on and they trade somebody or something that makes room for him.

It could take a while until we get a proper read on him, which would suck.

The Perfect Human*

Well I wanted Klefbom with out 19th pick, so I might be a bit biased ;) Klefbom is a good skater for his size but still could work on that part of his game. He has a good first pass and a good shot as well. He is strong and is willing to go into the corners, good hockey sense and is a good a leader. He can still work on his defensive play though. Not saying it's bad but it can be better IMO. I honestly believe he has the upside to become a number 1 defencemen, he has all the tools to do so. However, I expect him to be more of a number 2-3 defencemen. I hope he reaches his potential though.

Aren't these mutually inclusive fields? I feel he's deficient in both.

Anyways - he reminds a bit of Dion Phaneuf in the way he plays the game - all the physical tools and assets that scouts dream of, but without a grasp of when and where to use them.

I'm not saying he's got that 20 goal, 60 point potential - but I'm saying he's got a similar style. The scouting reports make me think of guys like Kubina and Ehrhoff.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Aren't these mutually inclusive fields? I feel he's deficient in both.

Anyways - he reminds a bit of Dion Phaneuf in the way he plays the game - all the physical tools and assets that scouts dream of, but without a grasp of when and where to use them.

I'm not saying he's got that 20 goal, 60 point potential - but I'm saying he's got a similar style. The scouting reports make me think of guys like Kubina and Ehrhoff.

I guess but Klefbom isn't anything like Phaneuf IMO. Phaneuf has a good skillset but doesn't have a good hockey IQ IMO. Klefbom on the other hand does. I think Phaneuf has more raw talent though. I'm glad the Oilers aren't going to rush Klefbom. He will get two years in Sweden (said he will finish his contract first) and then hopefully they play him in the AHL for a year before bringing him. Having that kind of a development could be huge for Klefbom.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Whose a better prospect Klefbom or Siemens?

Siemens for me, but I love them both. Klefbom was actually a guy that I hoped they took at 11.

They are actually more similar then people might expect and once they round out as players they could be very very similar.

Klefbom needs work defensively.
Siemens needs work offensively.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Hopefully he gets more ice time this year in the SEL. He's probably going to need another 2 years before he comes to North America. It's tough to gauge how good he is right now. When he plays against players his own age he dominates, and he doesn't get much time against pros in the SEL so it's really difficult to determine his upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad