Speculation: Oscar Klefbom

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
As long as this guy isn't the Oilers team Doctor, good to hear he is fully healed up.

Dr._Riviera.png

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Funny bit involving/from Klefbom after the game against CGY:
Oscar Klefbom told us that both his grand mothers were in Edmonton and watched the season opener yesterday.
- Yeah, and one of them said it was bad game, that we had bad structure and all that. And she blamed me ...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Ouch. Tough to please. They should have a talk with coach McLellan of why Klefbom played almost 25 minutes, which was more than any other Oiler Dman by about 3-4 minutes or so. ;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Yeah I heard that and got a good chuckle out of it! He also said something like Larsson was being lazy and that's why he wasn't practicing today :lol:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah I heard that and got a good chuckle out of it! He also said something like Larsson was being lazy and that's why he wasn't practicing today :lol:

It's nice to see those two becoming such fast friends. This is a pic Larsson put up a few weeks ago on twitter.

CtPo-QPVMAAJbf9.jpg

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
I wonder if we can get Klef's grandmothers to coach the power play.

I wonder does he have a problem with his vision, because what else explains why he didn't see Puljujarvi wide open in the PP against Calgary time and time again?

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
I'm glad this thread got bumped up because today Klefbom is officially no longer an Oiler. What a great player when he was healthy, I sure miss him.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Klefa was my favourite player and I kept holding out hope for one last appearance… It’s so unfair to both sides that his career ended when it did. He would have made bank today if he wasn’t hurt and we lost a #1 dman at age 26, who was also our biggest bargain contract

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Klefa was my favourite player and I kept holding out hope for one last appearance… It’s so unfair to both sides that his career ended when it did. He would have made bank today if he wasn’t hurt and we lost a #1 dman at age 26, who was also our biggest bargain contract.
I always thought that if it wasn't going to work out for him with his shoulder, that Klef had the looks and personality to find his way in media, perhaps as an analyst on games for the Oil. He was well-spoken, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDrai

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wonder if he officially announces his retirement soon? He’s technically not an Oiler anymore

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I dont follow him on any social media

Does anyone know how his life is going post hockey? Haven't really heard anything in a few years

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Klefbom is a LHD, if he was healthy there wouldn’t have been the need to get Ekhlom.
And they wouldn't have signed Nurse for $9 million because Klef was better than Nurse and signed for much less. Klef's injury may have also played a role in Larsson leaving the organization. With Klef still here, our D would be much better. Imagine a top-4 of Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse, and Bouchard.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I always liked Klefbom, but he was never the player Ekholm is now imo. He obviously could have gotten there, and he was trending a good direction.

despite what he was or was not, it would have been very nice to see him develop beyond his mid twenties.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad