Orr vs. Carkner

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Props to Carkner and Orr for opening up and not going for the bear hug+takedown approach that guys like Laraque and rashear always use.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Great, so now Buffalo has to deal with Neil and a legit HW who can play the game?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Real nice scrap. Can't wait until McNabb and BZK develop and the Sabres and Sens get their line brawl on again.

I'm very interested to see what kind of player Kassian will turn into on the Sabres. No doubt he'll be fighting a lot of Sens in his career.

Prediction: 1st NHL game = fight with Chris Neil.:)

Hotshot320

Aug 24, 2006
Brampton
Round #1 - Orr
Round #2 - Carkner

I wonder how many rounds are in the season...

Good on Carkner, not many people have got the W on Orr this year.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Really impressed by Carkner there, I'm thinking Colton might have underestimated him after the first result. Should be some good scraps to come between these two going forward...and the trade-off favors the Leafs every time, so I can't complain at any outcome.

obsenssive*

I like how one didn't jump the other, they both waited to drop the gloves then fight. Classy fighters right there.

Jackie Treehorn

Sep 5, 2008
great fight, i like it when the battle of Ontario heats up. The only problem i'm seeing here is Carkner is a fairly important player for the Sens, so I don't know how often he'll be able to go. I think if Orr and Carkner had their way this would only be the start of many clashes, but Carkner may be told that it's not a good trade off for the Sens.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
round 3 should be a doozie.

good on Carkner, i think he's the only one to get the better of Orr this season so far.

Manny*

round 3 should be a doozie.

good on Carkner, i think he's the only one to get the better of Orr this season so far.

That's funny. Orr is the only player to beat Carkner this season. What an interesting rivalry.

Juice*

Carkner :shakehead

Beats the living crap out of Orr but refuses to fight Laraque.

get over it, laraque is such a goof now.

why would out number 5 defenceman fight a guy that bad at hockey? taking him out of the game for 5 minutes helps the habs.....get rid of that guy

jjones87

Dec 7, 2009
London, Ontario
Carkner :shakehead

Beats the living crap out of Orr but refuses to fight Laraque.

"Beats the living crap" might be a bit of an exaggeration. He landed one great punch that did Orr in. Does not even come close to the abuse Carkner took in the first fight.

I heard Orr was recovering from the flu and wasn't even gonna play that game against Ottawa. Just sayin'.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
"Beats the living crap" might be a bit of an exaggeration. He landed one great punch that did Orr in. Does not even come close to the abuse Carkner took in the first fight.

I heard Orr was recovering from the flu and wasn't even gonna play that game against Ottawa. Just sayin'.

Seriously? That post is backwards

Orr got one huge shot in on Carkner who was already falling, Carkner got 3-4 good shots in on Orr the second fight before Orr fell to the ice.

Just sayin.......

sensfan83*

:laugh: Orr landed just one punch in the first fight. He couldn't even land one after Carkner was KO'd and struggling to stay on his feet. Carkner popped Orr so hard he flew a couple feet to his right and then landed a few more on his way down. Watch them again son.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
LOL, Orr's giant shiner in tonight's game is pretty good evidence of the facial destruction he suffered at the end of Carkner's fists.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
As an Ottawa fan, I am just glad that the team has both Carkner and Neil. Not only can they do the rough stuff, but they are both valuable members of the team. Carkner is a solid defensive defenceman, while Neil has been insane this season with his all-around gritty game.

<shines a **** eating grin>

jjones87

Dec 7, 2009
London, Ontario
"Sensational Spezza" thats hilarious.

5 sensational goals this season. The guy is a complete hack.

I dunno what youre talking about, I counted atleast 3 punches Orr landed after Carkner's knees buckled. So did Paul Hendrick. "3 Square shots to the bugle, Joe"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad