Orlov & Hathaway vs O’Reilly & Acciari

Who was worth more in trade at time of trade?

• Orlov and Hathaway

Votes: 67 50.8%
  • O’Reilly and Acciari

Votes: 65 49.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Toronto, easily.

O'Reilly is a very strong piece to add.

50 unproductive games for the Blues doesn't change the fact that Toronto got the #1 prize of trade season.

Just a year ago he was playing at a Team Canada level and was a point-per-game in the playoffs.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Honestly Hathaway tips it for me but it’s not a trade value thing as much as the value of a really good team fit. Boston has guys like Acciari, Toronto doesn’t have anyone like Hathaway. Orlov is good insurance and will
help McAvoy and Lindholm load manage if it’s a long run, O’Rielly feels like more of an impact player but isn’t being used to feed Tavares and Matthews more offensive minutes yet. All else being roughly equal Hathaway just had more tools to tilt a close series.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I feel ryan o reilly is being a bit overvalued. Yes he’s won a cup and a conn smythe….4 yrs ago, he’s 32 now. Also all 3 goals was against a crappy sabres goalie on a crappy team defensively. People who are hopeful about the RoR trade for the leafs I think will be disappointed at playoffs end.

this is a good poll, I expect it to be super close

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Both have taken a step back this year but I think O'Reilly did more than Orlov. Orlov is still a great #2/3D. So slight edge there and then Hathaway clearly over Acciari. Acciari is solid but Hathaway is a beast that you don't want to be up against.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
This is really close, good poll. I went Orlov + Hathaway because I view Hathaway > Acciari whereas Orlov and O’Reilly I feel like are fairly even in value at this point (#2-3D versus #2C/W).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
In current day about equal.

Prime RoR was the best of the mix but he’s not that anymore

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I really like both honestly, but as a caps fan I’ll go with Orlov Haddaway

Acciari I remember always looked really really good depth player when I watched him with Boston. Have seen him with the blues but I’ll assume still solid.

Hathaway is also reeeeally good and underrated partly because people hate to give, um, “edgy” players any credit. Absolutely everyone would love him on your team. Gritty as hell but also legit excellent forchecker, tons of hits but he manages to do it without constantly taking himself out of position. The caps with him and Dowd had a consistently top 4th line the last few years.

Orlov isn’t having his best season, idk if he’s injured or what, but Boston’s D is super deep so they don’t need him to be more than the super effective puck mover. I’d bet his defensive game improves closer to what it was last few years (really good) but even if he’s only super mobile puck mover, that’s a huge add

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I feel ryan o reilly is being a bit overvalued. Yes he’s won a cup and a conn smythe….4 yrs ago, he’s 32 now. Also all 3 goals was against a crappy sabres goalie on a crappy team defensively. People who are hopeful about the RoR trade for the leafs I think will be disappointed at playoffs end.

ROR went 15-3 in the faceoff circle last night and really solidifies the #3 center spot for the Leafs, in fact no team can make TO down the middle right now and that's what they needed and I love Orlov but it's the Leafs duo here.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Even value really but I rate the 'playoff performer' tag on ROR.

The Leafs could have used all of these players as they each bring something that the Leafs lack.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I went with Orlov, as the Leafs already had a great crew of forwards. Their D was quite a bit below Boston's even before Orlov. The Leafs could have used Orlov much more than O'Reilly.

Reactions: ORRMAN

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The results are hilarious. If ROR comes to anything close to his 2019 level this isn't a discussion. Even funnier when you recall that ROR directly faced and destroyed the Bruins in the 2019 Finals.

Acciari and Hathaway is a wash at best, maybe even a slight edge to Acciari.

ROR played well for St.Louis in the playoffs literally last year.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
This year, O’Reilly hasn’t been worth as much as Orlov. Hathaway/Acciari is a wash. If ROR was playing like past years this would be Toronto, and he seems to have rebounded so far. It’s Boston for right now, but it could easily swing back to Toronto if he keeps this up

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Good poll, was thinking about this once the Boston trade got announced

from the leafs perspective:
Orlov is a super solid defencemen. Probably Brodie level impact. With muzzin out, he would really help the dcore. He’d likely play 2LD with either holl or Liljegren.

Hathaway is amazing. I might be biased but I really like the player, I even wanted him before Washington became sellers at the deadline. He’s a gritty bottom six guy who plays really hard against the competition. Decent dearth scoring too.

O’reilly is a good middle six forward. He can play 2 or 3 C. Seems to work with our guys. Should strengthen our top 9 if we choose to play him 3C, and should also strengthen the top 6 if we chose to play him 2C

Acciari is also solid, although not as good as Hathaway IMO. He’s also physical and is a good depth scoring option.

I think I’d give an edge to the Boston’s pair, but I also like the leafs pair a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad