PP1: Moore - Boucher - Cook - Tremblay - Orr
PP2: Sittler - Ullman - Neely - Hollet - Chelios

PK1: Prentice - Toews - Chelios - Orr
PK2: Bailey - Ullman - Pronovost - Crawford

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I don't care a lot (I care, but not so much) if my team wins or loses this series because BOTH are worthy!
  • Goaltending is a wash. You couldn't put five hockey historians in a room and get all of them to say who was better, Hall or Sawchuk.
  • Coaching seems to be an edge for Day over Patrick based on Stanley Cup record (how do you beat 5 cups in 10 years?) but patrick was such an innovator and competitive person that the edge is slight or else all is even in the coaching dep't.
  • The first lines are both epic, one with Howe & Joliat and the other the famous Rags line.
  • The 2nd line of Schmidt with longtime linemate and childhood friend Dumart with superstar Boom Boom seems better than the Ullman centered Moore and Gilbert line. A clear edge to the Eagles here, imo.
  • The Wings have Orr and are the better blueline offensively, though after the first pairing it's more shaky defensively; the Eagles have a real-life great duo on its third pairing.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Just as the 1919 Stanley Cup finals were cancelled after five games due to an outbreak of the flu virus, the O6 ATD final series were cancelled due to a virus known as apathy after Memphis had been up 3-1 in games. Nobody died from the illness this time. R.I.P. "bad" Joe Hall.

Hall_Joe_1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad