Optimal trade

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong area and move accordingly, but what player could the Flyers realistically trade for that would help them not only THIS year but also in the future (without giving up the farm of course)

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
my guess is that to employ the buy low sell high mantra

Get someone before they blossom. Maybe someone who was drafted this year or a year past.

Buying at a low cost would be the 2nd rounders with first rd potential

Or

Sell high with someone like Giroux or Simmonds for a young stud.

(I don't literally mean with the mantra to get someone young for cheap then flip them for a big return)

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
my guess is that to employ the buy low sell high mantra

Get someone before they blossom. Maybe someone who was drafted this year or a year past.

Buying at a low cost would be the 2nd rounders with first rd potential

Or

Sell high with someone like Giroux or Simmonds for a young stud.

(I don't literally mean with the mantra to get someone young for cheap then flip them for a big return)

Trading Giroux now would literally be the exact opposite of "selling high".

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Trading Giroux now would literally be the exact opposite of "selling high".

Sure... we could also wait another year with declining point production (hopefully he doesn't, but history hasn't shown a sign of changing for him) and trade him for less. That's why I said sell high with him.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Sure... we could also wait another year with declining point production (hopefully he doesn't, but history hasn't shown a sign of changing for him) and trade him for less. That's why I said sell high with him.

As has been posted ad infinitum, Giroux's presence in the line-up this season means that Patrick can be slotted in for more favourable match-ups, allowing him to ease into the NHL.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

That only makes sense if you're convinced he's going to be worse next year than this past year, which is unlikely.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I've read online that Pastrnak is not impressed with the deals the Bruins have presented so far. Might just be big talk to get a bigger contract, but that would be fun if we could trade for him.

Maybe something like a D prospect + one of 2018's 1st rd picks?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think a trade that helps this year and in the future is one that sends out a veteran forward for a draft pick and allows Leier to be the 14th forward. Assuming everyone is healthy at the end of camp.

If Lehtera looks strong in preseason games, maybe a team out there that needs a center would take him at 50%.

Weal-Giroux-Simmonds
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Filppula-Patrick-Konecny
Raffl-Laughton-Weise
Read, Leier

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think we already have this guy in Konency, it took 3 years for Pastrnak to hit his stride, this is Konency's 3rd post-draft season.
Since they wouldn't want Voracek (too expensive) you'd have to include Konency in the deal.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The Flyers can't trade with themselves.

finger-guns-gif-16.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What?

Pastrnak was pretty much an impact guy at 18.

He bounced around at 18, spent half the year in the AHL. then had a nice second half, 46g 10-17 27, but didn't improve his next season.
19: 51g 15-11 26
Konency
19: 70g 11-17 28

Pastrnak broke out at age 20.
We'll see what Konency does this year with a regular shift.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
optimal trade is voracek+ [to a "contender"] for young fwd + other pieces

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad