News Article: Opposing fans treatment at the Bell Centre

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I've worn a Canada jersey to Gila River Arena. No one seems to care.

Of course, a large amount of away fans is the norm in Phoenix, regardless of sport, so we're kind of used to it.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
I hate to say it, but things like that happen all the time everywhere in any sports league you could think of. A nonestory. That said, sorry for the girl.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
OHMIGAWSH.

Click Bate. Man you would think that papers want to focus on the hockey being played.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
We've seen how habs fans get treated in boston and I've been heckled my self in detroit a few times. It happens.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
A girl got a beer poured on her and was slapped by a towel on the leg, and in the back of the head.

This is front page news material right here... when the sens are losing 0-2 and you run out of garbage to say about the habs. If that's the worst thing they could find, we're in good shape.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Holy **** this has been blown out of proportions. This old Flames fan got beat and his face re-arranged after game 2 and nothing's coming out of it from any news media.

I don't know how to put spoilers so that only those that want to see his face can do so.

AGyIXh5.jpg

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Holy **** this has been blown out of proportions. This old Flames fan got beat and his face re-arranged and nothing's coming out of it from any news media.

I don't know how to put spoilers so that only those that want to see his face can do so.

LOL what a baby... look at his hair. It's pretty clear nobody was hitting him with a towel.

68*

Holy **** this has been blown out of proportions. This old Flames fan got beat and his face re-arranged after game 2 and nothing's coming out of it from any news media.

Damn he got popped. What did he do to deserve this (if he did anything at all)?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
While I will never condone physical and verbal violence between fans at a hockey game, am I the only one that finds it weird that these girls were hit repeatedly and NOBODY stood up and said something? Better yet, no security intervened and did their job? Seems kind of odd.

But running to social media and throwing stones seems to be the way to get sympathy these days. Girl that went to my kids' school wore a Sens jersey during Habs Jersey Day and was told to take it off or go home. Daddy threw a fit, got on the news, and got a free limo ride to Ottawa, and two tickets to the game.

Yeah it's very fishy in my opinion. I feel like this could be made up or that she is exaggerating what happened. There's no way that two people working at the bell center would not help not to mention all the people that were sitting around her.

I mean, my parents who are leafs fans, went to the bell center and Td garden for games. They said the fans were all really nice and that they were joking around and having a great time. Nobody was truly mean spirited in any way. They said they preferred going to games at the Bell center over ACC because the fans are all really into it and having a good time

If what she says actually happened, then I'm very sorry and whoever did this should be charged. It shows that some people are truly classless. But I'm not convinced that it actually happened. I feel like somebody may have accidentally dropped his beer or spilt some on her accidentally. It sucks, I know but things like this can happen. I'll reserve my judgement until they actually find the guy and prove that he did this.

Last edited:

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Security is a joke. There is no excuse for being intimidated after paying a ticket to enjoy a good show (in this case a hockey game).

Bell Centre staff dropped the ball on this one. A few class-A jerk fans don't represent the majority of the fanbase.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If you weren't there than you don't know what happened. This could have happened any number of ways and I HIGHLY doubt these girls were little angels. Probably had too much to drink and were talking **** of their own and were overwhelmed when the home team fans reacted harsher than they expected. I've been to many games in Montreal and abroad and it's a rare occurance to see Hab fans in the Bell Centre act badly.

Sure there's enough blame to go around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad