PK3: Lindsay-Gretzky

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea

Parry Sound Shamrocks

coach Anatoli Tarasov
"Someone has to mastermind a pass... it is the man WITHOUT the puck—the man who has taken the best position... one man depends on four. That is why it is more difficult to play against us, because it is harder to look after four men than it is to look after one man.”

Sid Abel - Newsy Lalonde (A) - Andy Bathgate
Anatoli Firsov
- Frank Nighbor - Teemu Selanne
Esa Tikkanen
- Doug Gilmour (A) - Martin St. Louis
Brian Sutter - Jonathan Toews - Jean Pronovost
Seven top-100 forwards; 2nd & 3rd line pivots to win pucks in the d zone and pass to score on speedy transition as well as to recover pucks in the o zone and pass to Clapper, Moose, Blake or Burns at the point for a heavy shot.

Scott Stevens (C) - Dit Clapper
Moose Johnson - Rob Blake
Brad McCrimmon - Brent Burns
Hasek wants dmen to: a) force or take away pass option b) clear the crease of opposing forwards and loose pucks, and c) get out of the way!
All Shamrock d are physically strong and able skaters.

Dominik Hasek
Jiri Holecek

Hasek needs a lot of shots, gets better with more; no shotblocking, screens, deflections; let him go one on one with the shooter, and he'll thrive.

PP1: Firsov, Lalonde, Selanne, Moose, Blake
PP2: Abel, Gilmour, Bathgate, Clapper, Burns
PK1: Nighbor, Gilmour, Moose, Stevens, Hasek
PK2: Toews, Tikkanen, McCrimmon, Clapper, Hasek

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
richmond_renegades_0_128838.jpg

Richmond Renegades

Coach - Scotty Bowman
Captain - Ted Kennedy
Alternate - Bobby Orr
Alternate - Rod Langway

Bobby Hull - Marcel Dionne - Cecil Dillon
Dionne isn't the ideal first line C here, but that's the good thing about having a winger like Hull - I could cheap a bit on my top C. Dillon brings the D and glue to the line, and Dionne can get the puck to Bobby.
Brendan Shanahan - Evgeni Malkin - Mike Bossy
Bossy is an elite sniper that doesn't need his puck on his stick long, and Malkin has had his best seasons with James Neal on his line. I think he'll like Bossy. Shanahan brings the corner work and the general shit stirring this line needs.

Jiri Holik
- Ted Kennedy - Joe Mullen
Three great checkers with Ted and Mullen bringing some scoring ability.
Bill Barber
- Vladimir Petrov - Alf Smith
For the fourth line, I decided bigger was better. I wanted three guys who could play a heavy game below the hash marks and wear out opposing teams in their limited minutes.

Rod Langway - Bobby Orr
I think Langway is THE perfect partner for Orr.
Hod Stuart
- Shea Weber
Another combo of rusher with a more stay at home guy, with the added bonus of Weber's cannon of a shot.
Mike Ramsay
- Dan Boyle
Kind of a poor man's top line here.

Ken Dryden
Grant Fuhr
Dryden is a great goaltender, but probably a median-starter here, but I think my D is strong enough that he can excel with this team.

PP1: Hull - Dionne - Bossy - Orr - Malkin
PP2: Shanahan - Kennedy - Dillon - Weber - Boyle

PK1: Dillon - Kennedy - Langway - Orr
PK2: Holik - Petrov - Ramsay - Weber

Overall, I think this is a very strong, balanced team. My top C isn't ideal, but I think Hull is good enough to balance that.

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
images

Coach: Hap Day

Johnny Bucyk - Joe Sakic (C) - Jaromir Jagr
Sweeney Schriner - Henri Richard - Boris Mikhailov (A)
Patrik Elias - Eric Lindros - Punch Broadbent
John Tonelli - Michael Peca- Jimmy Ward

Sprague Cleghorn - Earl Seibert
Frantisek Pospisil (A) - Bill Gadsby
Allan Stanley - Alex Pietrangelo

Terry Sawchuk
Roberto Luongo

PP1: Schriner - Lindros - Jagr - Sakic - Gadsby
PP2: Bucyk - H. Richard - Mikhailov - Seibert - Cleghorn

PK1: Tonelli - Peca - Pospisil - Seibert
PK2: H. Richard - Broadbent - Cleghorn/Stanley- Pietrangelo
PK3: Elias - Sakic

Estimated Regular Season Minutes

Forwards
PlayerESPPPKTotal
J. Bucyk14216
J. Sakic13.551.520
J. Jagr16521
S. Schriner14418
H. Richard14.521.518
B. Mikhailov14317
P. Elias121.513.5
E. Lindros12517
P. Broadbent101.511.5
J. Tonelli6410
M. Peca6410
J. Ward66
TOTAL1382614178
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Defense
PlayerESPPPKTotal
S. Cleghorn183223
E. Seibert172423
F. Pospisil15419
B. Gadsby17421
A. Stanley13114
A. Pietrangelo12315
TOTAL92914115
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Pittsburgh Professionals

220px-1905-06_Pittsburgh_Bankers.jpg

Coach: Toe Blake

GM - Art Vandelay

Captain - Sidney Crosby
Alternate - Tim Horton
Alternate - Daniel Alfredsson

FORWARDS
Syd HoweSidney Crosby (C)Maurice Richard
Doug BentleyPeter ForsbergBrett Hull
Keith TkachukJoe MaloneDaniel Alfredsson (A)
Claude GirouxJohn MaddenBob Bourne
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSEMEN
Slava FetisovTim Horton (A)
Ching JohnsonAl MacInnis
Jim SchoenfeldSergei Zubov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
NETMINDERS
Frank Brimsek
Braden Holtby
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Offensive Abilities/Strategies

Toe Blake should absolutely love this roster. Primarily speaking, it's a 2 way line up, top to bottom. There are also numerous players who can legitimately play multiple positions. Syd Howe (LW/C), Doug Bentley (LW/C), Joe Malone (C/LW), Claude Giroux (C/LW), John Madden (C/LW), and Bob Bourne (LW/C/RW).

Blake can move Joe Malone up to the 1st or 2nd line LW spot for a few extra shifts if a bump in offensive output is needed. Both Howe and Bentley are very strong 2 way players who fit the mold of a strong 3C so this gives Blake great match up potential through a game, situation to situation.

Giroux has enough sandpaper/grit and all around ability to make a 4th line LW role work well. He also provides plenty offense to help in the top 6 if need be. Especially being a strong playmaking winger.

Madden can play anywhere in the bottom 6. He's the defensive stopper there and will move around as needed.

Bourne is a super utility player. Put him anywhere at F and he'll fit.

The Professionals also have a ton of speed and ability to be aggressive on the forecheck. Howe, Bentley, Forsberg, Tkachuk, Alfredsson, Giroux, Madden, Bourne, are going to make life hard on opposing defenders with a blend of speed, tenacity and physical edge in the corners/high traffic areas.

Line Breakdowns:

-Howe on the first line, allows Sid and Richard to work the cycle, create chaos on rushes, and not have to expend exuberant amounts of energy on the dirty work etc. Sid is blossoming into a strong defensive C, but Howe limits the need for that kind of usage. This line has everything you look for in a dominant scoring unit. I'd put this line up against any other line on any other team and not worry about it making noise, especially given Crosby/Richard are 2 elite postseason performers all time.

7 year VsX for line 1:

Crosby = 102.4
Richard = 102.4
Howe = 83.9

Defensive ability of line 1:

Howe = good
Crosby = above average
Richard = average

Playoff resume of line 1:

Richard = elite
Crosby = elite
Howe = above average

*Elite, Great, Good, Above Average, Averager, Below Average, Poor, Very Poor, Abysmal is how i rank players

-Bentley and Forsberg give the 2nd line 2 extremely strong, 200 foot players. Which is good because the one guy on the roster who needs covered up is Brett Hull, and while he agreed to play Ken Hitchcocks defensive system in real life, and wasn't half bad at it, is still a below average defensive player at this level. Forsberg is an absolute wrecking ball everywhere, especially on the forecheck and in the high traffic areas. Bentley has elite speed and back checking ability so that gives Forsberg the green light to be the lines heavy lifter in the corners, which he excelled at in real life. The line features an elite goal scorer, an elite playmaker, and a strong all around offensive member. Strong offensive numbers for a 2nd unit but also above the mean defensive ability at 2 of the 3 spots.

7 year VsX for line 2:

Forsberg = 90.3
Hull = 88.0
Bentley = 86.6

Defensive ability of line 2:

Bentley = Great
Forsberg = Good
Hull = Poor

Playoff resume for line 2:

Forsberg = Elite
Hull = Good
Bentley = N/A (played on mostly bad teams throughout career so had limited chances. 17 points in 23 games)

-I love how the 3rd line came together. With the revelations by overpass on Joe Malone being a consistently responsible defensive C to go along with his elite offensive production, he provides a lethal 3rd line presence for Pittsburgh. Especially considering his wingers should help facilitate his goal scoring abilities. Alfredsson is a strong 2 way player. He's a terrific play maker and will hit anything and everything, all over the ice. Tkachuk is uber physical and brings an intimidation factor that will keep defenders on edge when handling the puck deep. Alfy and Chuk will create a lot of chances and space for Malone with their work in the corners and high danger areas. This is a line that will not have many defensive lapses and will absolutely score given they're likely to see a ton of favorable matchups against weaker defensive F units and 2nd/3rd defensive pairings. And as I mentioned earlier, Malone is perfectly capable of shifting up to the 2nd or 1st line LW spot because he, Bentley, and Howe are all interchangeable between LW and C.

7 year VsX for line 2:

Malone = NA (pre consolidation, although I've seen mid to high 90's put forth by multiple ATD'ers)
Alfredsson = 82.3
Tkachuk = 79.0

Defensive ability of line 2:

Alfredsson = Good
Malone = Average
Tkachuk = Average

Playoff resume for line 2:

Malone = Good
Alfredsson = Average
Tkachuk = Very Poor

-The 4th line is more geared towards defensive play with Madden and Bourne, but Giroux gives an element that most 4th lines don't have, and that is top 6 scoring ability. The great thing about this line is all 3 players can move around as needed. Giroux can play C with Madden shifting to LW. Bourne literally played all 3 positions for NY. The line has speed, physicality across the board (especially Madden) that should play well in a limited role.

When protecting a lead you're going to see Blake move some things around. Just one example of many combo's we can trot out due to our positional flexibility.

Thachuk-Crosby-Richard
Malone-Giroux-Hull
Bentley-Forsberg-Alfredsson (shadow/defensive/checking line with counter ability)
Howe-Madden-Bourne (more of a pure defensive group)

When behind or in need of an offensive spark? Here's one idea.

Howe-Crosby-Richard
Malone-Forsberg-Hull
Bentley-Giroux-Alfredsson
Thachuk-Madden-Bourne

The are numerous players who are rated extremely highly as postseason players on this roster. Richard, Crosby, Forsberg, Fetisov (since we're counting best on best international tournaments for non NHL euro's) are the obvious ones but other players who'd I'd certainly call above average (or better) in that regard are Hull, Howe, Malone, Bourne, MacInnis, Horton, Zubov.

Up and down the lineup you have proven big game players.

Other than the 2nd pairing, we're not going to be out skated, certainly not by any large margins.

This team is not going to be out muscled. Yet we're likely going to be in the box less than some other teams.

Each forward line has at least one strong to elite defensive presence.

The scoring depth on the Professionals is elite, comparatively speaking looking around the league, yet no line can be pointed and and said to be overly vulnerable from a defensiveness standpoint.

Defensive Abilities/Strategy

I was pleased with how everything played out on the blue line.

Fetisov-Horton is NASTY. Fetisov is one of those elite blue liners who doesn't really have a weakness to exploit. At his best he was in the conversation for best player in the world not named Gretzky. He was an elite skater, stud 2 way player, who unlike a lot of Soviets, had a real physical edge to his game. Horton, a right handed shot, is comfortably a #2 here and his abilities should play extremely well with Fetisov. He was considered by many to be the strongest player in the league (Howe and Hull said as much) and was a superb player in his own end. What's great is that while he was a crushing body checker and physical player through and through he was clean. Horton wasn't inept with the puck on his stick either so I'm not worried about him getting hemmed in, especially playing next to Slava and our strong 2 way F group who will almost always be in proper position to help out the blueliners. I think this pairing is a great fit from a stylistic standpoint and it provides a ton of physicality without the lunacy you'd see from somebody like a Shore or Cleghorn.

The 2nd pairing features MacInnis who could easily pass as a #2 in a 12 team league. Mac is one of the players I cite when arguing against Paul Coffey in that AM adapted his game as the league changed and he aged. He went from being an offensively dominant but middling defensive player into someone the Blues could count on being a stopper in their own end while retaining above average offensive output. Is it any wonder how he won a Norris at 35 and was a runner up at 39? Despite not getting a ton of chances to go deep into the playoffs he has one of the greatest performances ever by a Dman in postseason history, in 1989, when he led the tournament in assists, points, and game winning goals, capturing the Conn Smythe with Calgary. 160 points in 177 games is a strong bullet point as well. He's a below average skater but despite that was an elite passer and obviously possesses a bomb from anywhere he can wind up from. He's not going to be rushing the puck 100+ feet ala Fetisov, but Big Al is not a hindrance in getting the puck up the ice via smart passing primarily. Ching Johnson is a poor mans Tim Horton, hence the 2nd pairing here. He's still a top 40 Dman of all time in my book and provides a tremendous stay at home partner for MacInnis to jump up into the offensive zone when he sees fit.

Between my first and second pairings I feel I'm as strong or better than every other team when looking at the top 4. The top pairing can really do it all, and brings a high level of physicality without the unnecessary PIMs. While the second pairing is probably a below average skating unit, they are both extremely sound positional players (especially Johnson). MacInnis brings a different offensive look than Fetisov but like the top pair, this is another combo that will be very tough to play with for 60 minutes. I like our chances down in the trenches, clearing defenders away from the crease and limiting any rebound chances.

PP1:

Hull-Crosby-Richard
MacInnis-Zubov

PP2:

Tkachuk-Forsberg-Malone
Bentley/Alfredsson-Fetisov

PK1:

Madden-Alfredsson
Fetisov-Horton

PK2:

Howe-Bourne
Schoenfeld-Johnson

Last edited:
Reactions: VanIslander

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
HERSHEY BEARS

f0347f5422a43c183455be0081684399.png

Coach: Fred Shero​

#20 Luc Robitaille - #66 Mario Lemieux(A) - #17 Jari Kurri
#16 Michel Goulet - #19 Joe Thornton - #5 Bernie Geoffrion
#7 Rick Martin - #10 Dale Hawerchuk - #8 Mark Recchi
#21 Brent Sutter - #14 Dave Keon - #42 David Backes

#5 Nicklas Lidstrom(C) - #33 Zdeno Chara
#27 Scott Niedermayer(A) - #2 Brad Park
#24 Doug Wilson - #20 Gary Suter

#0 Roy Worters
#35 Pekka Rinne

PP1: Goulet-Lemieux-Kurri-Chara-Lidstrom
PP2: Robitaille-Thornton-Geoffrion-Niedermayer-Park

PK1: Geoffrion-Keon-Chara-Niedermayer
PK2: Backes-Sutter-Lidstrom-Suter​

Last edited:
Reactions: ImporterExporter

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
9F676A45-966D-4DAE-95BE-3A424F38E6FA.jpeg

unified team

mahovlich ⬤ esposito ⬤ makarov
bure ⬤ fedorov ⬤ mogilny
k stevens ⬤ n stewart ⬤ litzenberger (A)
c lemieux ⬤ linseman ⬤ fleury

sjoberg ⬤ potvin (C)
hedman ⬤ clancy (A)
d hatcher ⬤ carlson

roy
lundqvist

PP:

mahovlich esposito makarov
potvin clancy

stevens stewart mogilny
hedman carlson

PK pairs

fedorov linseman
bure fleury (mix and match with feds/lins if someone needs to take a faceoff)
mahovlich makarov (start litz for mahovlich if someone needs to take a faceoff)

hatcher potvin
sjoberg clancy​

our coach is larry robinson, whisperer of big, mobile defensemen.

long roster post here

bruins / sabres / flames / blackhawks / red wings / canadiens / devils / islanders / rags / senators / flyers / penguins / lightning / leaves / canucks / jets / maroons / ussr

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
3zqLgSF.png

California Golden Seals

Coach: Lester Patrick

Busher Jackson - Bobby Clarke - Bill Cook
Cy Denneny - Ron Francis - Ziggy Palffy
Tommy Phillips - Patrice Bergeron - Jamie Langenbrunner
Gary Roberts - Butch Goring - Shane Doan

Duncan Keith - Chris Pronger
Bill Quackenbush - Alexei Kasatonov
Kevin Lowe - Sergei Gonchar

Jacques Plante
Tom Barrasso​

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Orlando Solar Bears

Coach: Al Arbour

upload_2019-8-1_10-10-38.jpeg

Alex Ovechkin-Syl Apps-Bryan Hextall
Markus Naslund-Stan Mikita-Rick Middleton
Jamie Benn-Gilbert Perreault-Dany Heatley
Henrik Zetterberg-Dave Poulin-Kevin Dineen

Larry Robinson-Paul Coffey
Drew Doughty-Jan Suchy
Lionel Conacher-Art Duncan

Vladislav Tretiak
Billy Smith

Captain: Robinson
Alternates: Mikita, Apps

Special Teams:

PP 1: Ovechkin-Apps-Hextall-Robinson-Coffey
PP 2: Naslund-Mikita-Middleton-Suchy-Ovechkin

PK 1: Zetterberg-Poulin-Robinson-Coulter
PK 2: Mikita-Dineen-Doughty-Conacher

Teams used:

Washington
Edmonton
Chicago
USSR
Toronto
NY Rangers
Vancouver
Montreal Maroons
Los Angeles
CSSR
Montreal
Philadelphia
Dallas
Boston
NY Islanders
Buffalo
Carolina/Hartford
Ottawa
Pre NHL
Detroit

Last edited:

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Coach: Joel Quenneville

Quebec Aces:
Valery Kharlamov-Jean Beliveau (C) - Hooley Smith
Ilya Kovalchuk - Frank Boucher - Vaclav Nedomansky
Daniel Sedin - Bill Cowley - Dave Taylor
Jere Lehtinen- Ryan Getzlaf (A) -Bengt-Ake Gustafson

Red Kelly-Mark Howe
Carl Brewer - Lester Patrick (A)
Ryan Suter - Erik Karlsson

Glenn Hall
Sergei Bobrovsky

PP1:
Beliveau
Karlamov - Cowley - Kelly
Karlsson

PP2:
Nedomansky
Boucher - Sedin - Kovalchuk
Patrick

PK1:
Lehtinen - Smith
Suter - Howe

PK2:
Boucher - Gustafsson
Brewer - Kelly

Forwards Estimated TOI
PlayerESPPPKTOT
Jean Beliveau
Valery Kharlamov
Hooley Smith
Frank Boucher
TOT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Defensemen Estimated TOI
PlayerESPPPKTOT
Red Kelly
Mark Howe
Erik Karlsson
TOT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

teams used:
Montreal
Detroit
Chicago
Philly
USSR
NYR
OTT
Montreal Maroons
Atlanta
Dallas
Minnesota
Anaheim

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Ice-hockey-Rubber-Duck-yellow-front-Amsterdam-Duck-Store.jpg

San Jose Rubber Puckies

Coach: Tommy Ivan

Paul Kariya - Howie Morenz - Gordie Howe (A)
John LeClair - Cyclone Taylor - Patrick Kane
Craig Ramsey - Anze Kopitar - Glenn Anderson
Clark Gillies - Peter Stastny - Dino Ciccarelli

Eddie Gerard (C) - Eddie Shore
Borje Salming - Valeri Vasiliev (A)
Art Coulter - Cy Wentworth

Martin Brodeur
Curtis Joseph

PP1: Cyclone Taylor - Howie Morenz - Gordie Howe - Eddie Shore - Paul Kariya
PP2: Dino Ciccarelli - Peter Stastny - Patrick Kane - Valeri Vasiliev - Borje Salming

PK1: Anze Kopitar - Craig Ramsey - Eddie Gerard - Art Coulter
PK2: Howie Morenz - Gordie Howe - Borje Salming - Eddie Shore​

Last edited:
Reactions: ImporterExporter

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Divisions listed in draft order

Odd Division:

1. Montreal Wanderers
3. Hershey Bears
5. San Jose Rubber Puckies
7. Pittsburgh Professionals
9. Orlando Solar Bears
11. California Golden Seals

Even Division:

2. The Renegades
4. Parry Sound Shamrocks
6. The Unified Team
8. Quebec Aces
10. Chicago Cougars
12. Brampton Beavers

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Theokritos ... is collecting and tallying our votes.

Regular season standing 1st through 6th for each division, analyze line-ups and get ready to vote between Wednesday 5pm eastern to Friday 5pm eastern. Basically, THURSDAY IS VOTING DAY, plus and minus part of the day before and after.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Brampton Beavers:

Coach: Jacques Lemaire

Gilbert - Messier - Lafleur
Brind'Amour - Yzerman - Iginla
Nash - Modano - Hossa
Gaborik - Stamkos - Nolan

Bourque - Chelios
Murphy - Numminen