OPPF interest?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Testing the waters if there is any interest in a OPPF draft (one player per franchise draft), starting in say mid-september after the MLD Final.

Would you join?

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'll probably play, depending on when it happens.

I don't see why we can't have more than one mini-draft happening at the same time, but I'm also not in a big rush to start.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Allright, let's see if we can get at least 6-8 teams then we can decide on scheduling.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I was hoping for an OPPF event to launch before the end of the year.

Just about the time I was thinking that starting soon would be good, Overtime is firing back up at my workplace.:rolleyes:

That said, I still think I could participate in an OPPF project, or (possibly) co-GM if my lone presence would make an odd number of teams.

Just from a personal self-interest standpoint...

I'd prefer OPPF to take place before Auction Draft. Not that I have anything against Auction Draft. [In fact, I think it sounds like a great idea!] It's just that I'd have any easier time doing something where I could lean on a little derivative analysis at this stage of the year.

May I put in a word for having (at least) a small number of spares (2-3) and one more non-playing staffer (e.g.: Assistant Coach etc.) as part of OPPF? In the last OPPF, I felt weird about assessing teams that contained players that you KNEW were more likely than not to miss time if playing the equivalent of a full season. In the Main ATD, it's easier to adjust for that. [If 'X' is injured, 'Y' comes out of the press-box and the team continues on...] With no definable 'bench,' it's harder to work that out.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I can probably do an OPPF depending on the size.

Would prefer if it waited until after the Finals because most of my hockey bandwidth will be focused on the Bolts right now.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
OK so we have 6 GMs; I'd rather we reach 8-10 teams so I'll give this another week or two and then we can set this up.

TheDevilMadeMe
ResilientBeast
VanIslander
The Macho Man
ChiTownPhilly
BenchBrawl
tony (added)

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Let me sleep on it. Busy times but I love these drafts. I’ve never participated in a OPPF draft though. The concept sounds interesting.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad