OPPF 2019 Draft Thread

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The site is dumbing down in the name of "streamlining" for efficiency on mobile devices.

Technology does not always result in better products on average.

Just look at how most people listen to music these days. Terrible quality. But that is nothing new. Cassettes replaced vinyl. MP3's replaced CD's. Ugh.

And don't get me started on food.

I have about $2000 in my turntable, speaker an sub set up. Vinyl is my exclusive way of listening to music at home. Nothing beats that sound IMO.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I will be GM of the Parry Sound Shamrocks, the local youth hockey team Bobby Orr played for and his father captained back in the 1940's.

Luck of the Irish!

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
How does this work exactly? Is it like the ATD but with "lesser" players?

Every player is assigned a franchise before the draft starts. For example, Patrick Roy in Montreal, Mario Lemieux in Pittsburgh, Mark Messier in Edmonton, so on. All the close calls (like Roy, Messier, etc) who could play for two franchises are determined prior to the draft.

Then, you draft a team, but you can only pick one single player per franchise (hence one-player-per-franchise draft = OPPF). For example, if you already picked Jean Beliveau (clearly Montreal), you cannot pick Guy Lafleur later (also clearly Montreal). If you already picked Lemieux, you cannot pick Malkin later. So on.

Some countries are considered as their own respective franchise, basically USSR and Czechoslovakia, for the none-NHL europeans like Sergei Makarov or Vladimir Martinec.

Pre-NHL is also considered to be one single franchise (so any player whose majority of his prime was played prior to the NHL existence).

The old Ottawa franchise is fused with the modern one into one single franchise.

Franchises like the Montreal Maroons count as their own franchise. Atlanta Trashers are fused with the new Winnipeg Jets. The old winnipeg Jets are fused with the Arizona Coyotes. Quebec Nordiques are fused with the Colorado Avalanches. Hartford with Carolina, so on, you get the point.

That's it. The rest is just like the ATD.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
DRAFT CLOCK WILL START WEDNESDAY JULY THE 31TH AT 17H00 EST

Lottery will take place Tuesday July the 30th at some time when someone is available to do it.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Still hoping for HT18 at least to log in on hfboards before the draft starts, I know he loves those.

JE was online today so apparently he's not interested @Johnny Engine

In any case 9-10-11 teams will be a good number so looking forward to this.

Reactions: VanIslander

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
I have to pass unfortunately. Computer troubles leave me checking HF on my phone 100% of the time, which is all well and good for making the picks, but not so much for keeping up lists and keeping track of it all.

I’m going to make an effort to comment on how everyone’s doing and help drive debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad