Opinions on the last free Canadian spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Who are the leading players to grab this spot?

I know Bertuzzi is who is wanted by the GM, but failing his eligibility, who gets it? One would have to think that a guy like Horcoff has a shot at it given his great year in the SEL and his play last year on the team. He certainly didn't hurt his chances this year.

Could Crosby get a chance? He is just a kid, but it might be a good learning experience for him to see exactly what the best players in the world can do. I could see the NHL applying some pressure to have him named and keep the hype machine going leading up to his eventual drafting.

Who else could grab the last spot?

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
If Providence doesn't make the playoffs, there is no doubt that Patrice Bergeron gets the nod.

Crosby, Ryder, Murray, Karya, Ribeiro are other possibilities

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Tambs has already said that this is not the time for Crosby (or Carter, etc) to be named, so you can cross him off. He said it will be an NHL player.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
fredez said:
If Providence doesn't make the playoffs, there is no doubt that Patrice Bergeron gets the nod.

Crosby, Ryder, Murray, Karya, Ribeiro are other possibilities

I agree with Bergeron getting selected if the P-Bruins get knocked out early.

Macman

May 15, 2004
I'm guessing they're looking at Bergeron or St. Louis. I thought I read somewhere that St. Louis' wife has had the baby. Hopefully he'll decide to go.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Macman said:
I'm guessing they're looking at Bergeron or St. Louis. I thought I read somewhere that St. Louis' wife has had the baby. Hopefully he'll decide to go.

I think the baby was born pre-maturely and he wants to stay home with his wife and the baby wich I think is more important than a hockey tournament.

mytor4*

how about spezza. top pt getter in the ahl.
love to see him there

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
s7ark said:
Could Crosby get a chance? He is just a kid, but it might be a good learning experience for him to see exactly what the best players in the world can do. I could see the NHL applying some pressure to have him named and keep the hype machine going leading up to his eventual drafting.
Let him at least turn pro first...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Joe_Strummer said:
Hammer time ... do do do do do do do do ... can't touch this

;)

Not at this point in his career...

As for the guys mentioning Peca; methinks that because guys like Fisher, Draper, and Maltby were already chosen, that Peca may have given them the thumbs down, or they just aren't interested in him.

If Bertuzzi and Horcoff can't make it, I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Cooke or a similar type player get selected. Cooke played very strongly at the Worlds last year and would likely do so again.

~Canucklehead~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad