Opinion: Time to Stop Booing Rick Nash

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
My criticism of Nash was that he not only insisted that he be traded but he also limited the trade options so much that Columbus had fewer deals they could make and thus less ability to maximize the return.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Sorry, but I will continue to show a lack of hospitality to Rick Nash.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
He did far more good then bad for this city. I blame the inept organization, its the same reason we can never attract top level talent because no one wants to play for a loser, yet he did for 8+ years before breaking

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
RN still makes some great plays, but he has seen his best days come and go

don't have any strong feelings against him or for him

He is the next Eric Stall, only without a cup

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Talk about a who the hell cares post. If people want to boo, that's up to them. I won't be one of them.

CBJ Bob

Summer Time Blues
Jun 20, 2002
In Hiding
Visit site
I never booed him and never understood why others did. He asked to get out around the same time we gathered outside NWA to protest CBJ management on a very cold January afternoon in 2012. I don't blame him.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
I've never booed opposing players no matter who they are....I think silence is a better 'weapon'....I remember the first time Jeff Carter played at Nationwide with the Kings, he scored, raised his glove in celebration, and the entire arena was quiet....it was pretty bizarre, actually...I just think making noise legitimizes the player and feeds him in a positive way, which counters what booing is supposed to accomplish [I guess, lol]

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Once Nash took a swipe at our goalie in frustration he became dead to me. What a waste of God given ability. If we coul have melded Nash's body and ability with a guy like Kevin Dineen's heart we would have had much different results over the last 15 years.

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
I'm with LGJ. Never booed him till that incident. I was actually at that game. Didn't see what Bob did at the time so I was livid. But I'm definitely past that now. Now I'm in the apathy department.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I still have a place for Rick Nash in my heart (when it comes to sports), it wasn't easy to boo him after what happened. But time has passed, time heals, so I have moved on.

**** Carter though.

;)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Is anyone else disappointed that this article wasn't written by Nash himself?

Opinion: It's Time to Stop Booing Rick Nash
By: Rick Nash

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I pretty much never boo anything but a really bad call, but I booed Nash from 207 that night.

I love the guy as a human being and have fond memories of his play here and I won't likely boo him again. That goal against PHX was the best goal I've ever seen live. The best part wasn't even the goal itself, rather it was the circumstances of getting a penalty and watching PHX score on the power play just before - and then making this play in the dying seconds of the game. it was miraculous, but there were far too few moments like that, IMO

Shortly before the trade deadline, there was a game against STL in Nationwide and Nash played like an animal. He hit everything, skated hard and the worst part - it was so....noticeable. That was when I began to realize how little the guy gave it all. Once he was gone, it became apparent to me that as good as he was, he was a fraction as good as he could have been. Sad, really.

BTW, the article lost me at "borderline Hall of Fame material" - good god, watch some more hockey. Nash isn't likely to sniff the Hall of Fame with those stats or even if they get better. Canadian media has overhyped the guy forever. He's had some good goal totals but he's had more than 60 points only 4 times. It's ridiculous he gets the attention he does, really.

I wish the guy well and hope he finds his game again and succeeds wherever he ends up, but other than some fondess for certain plays, I'm mostly disappointed when I think of him.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I pretty much never boo anything but a really bad call, but I booed Nash from 207 that night.

I love the guy as a human being and have fond memories of his play here and I won't likely boo him again. That goal against PHX was the best goal I've ever seen live. The best part wasn't even the goal itself, rather it was the circumstances of getting a penalty and watching PHX score on the power play just before - and then making this play in the dying seconds of the game. it was miraculous, but there were far too few moments like that, IMO

Shortly before the trade deadline, there was a game against STL in Nationwide and Nash played like an animal. He hit everything, skated hard and the worst part - it was so....noticeable. That was when I began to realize how little the guy gave it all. Once he was gone, it became apparent to me that as good as he was, he was a fraction as good as he could have been. Sad, really.

BTW, the article lost me at "borderline Hall of Fame material" - good god, watch some more hockey. Nash isn't likely to sniff the Hall of Fame with those stats or even if they get better. Canadian media has overhyped the guy forever. He's had some good goal totals but he's had more than 60 points only 4 times. It's ridiculous he gets the attention he does, really.

I wish the guy well and hope he finds his game again and succeeds wherever he ends up, but other than some fondess for certain plays, I'm mostly disappointed when I think of him.

Agreed. Imagine how different his image would be if he was Russian instead of Canadian...

Agreed on the booing part as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad