Pre-Game Talk: Opening Week (MIN, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm guessing Tangs.

I really hope we bring it for Minny. I just don't want to get shut out again.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don't like any of those options except for Tanguay. That probably makes him the least likely candidate though since Duchene can't have nice things.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Hate to say it, but if GlenX gets the contract he seems likely to get, GlenX will have the spot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hate to say it, but if GlenX gets the contract he seems likely to get, GlenX will have the spot.

Me looking up at your post like.....

prElaEN.gif

I agree though.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Going with GlenX as well. We had too many good things happen this off-season. Hope I'm wrong, or better yet, he proves to belong if put there.

I think Tanguay would be the best option though with his smarts and creativity. Let Rantanen stay at LW before giving him more adjustments to make. Comeau doesn't provide enough of a secondary playmaking ability. And Grigo doesn't sound ready for that much time.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Going with GlenX as well. We had too many good things happen this off-season. Hope I'm wrong, or better yet, he proves to belong if put there.

I think Tanguay would be the best option though with his smarts and creativity. Let Rantanen stay at LW before giving him more adjustments to make. Comeau doesn't provide enough of a secondary playmaking ability. And Grigo doesn't sound ready for that much time.

Rantanen is a RW so that would be enough of an adjustment in itself.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm guessing GlenX will be tried there for a bit....

<-------- My reaction to that likely outcome

Also guessing we get creamed by Minny and barely beat Dallas

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
It's too bad too....Skille was good this pre-season, while GlenX showed nothing imo.

I just want to score against Minny this time...

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I'm guessing the Avs saw something in GlenX that we didnt see or dont see/wont see . After all we are all sitting at home and the Avs are at ice level and on the press box . So yeah i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they have a better Angle on this situation .

We are all wondering why they would add him , but could it just be that guys like Iginla and Tanguay told the Avs that GlenX would be a nice addition and would work with the current roster in place . After all if all the reports were true , it was said that the Avs were trying really hard to give him a PTO , i'm guessing that the club had a good reason for trying so hard .

True , it doesnt make sense after what we saw on the ice in preseason , but i'm sure the Avs have a good reason , right ?:dunno:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I don't know if it means anything or not, but the Avs official website has just 24 players showing on the roster now, and neither Glencross or Skille are listed. Everberg and Rendulic are.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know if it means anything or not, but the Avs official website has just 24 players showing on the roster now, and neither Glencross or Skille are listed. Everberg and Rendulic are.

I don't think they've ever been listed since they're on PTOs.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So I guess the real question is...are we going to score this week?

I'd put the over/under at 3 goals this week.

I also put the over/under at 15 shots on goal against Minnesota.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've been way out of the loop last 48 hours. Is Everberg just not healthy enough to play?

There was very little said before and after the game. Had to listen to the radio pregame to get anything. They never mentioned him unfortunately. EJ stayed in Denver to rest his groin. Landy got a sore shoulder from Anaheim. It sounded like neither were going to be held out on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad