Line Combos: Opening night: Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari better be our 4th line

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
That's a fast, hard-working, punishing 4th line right there.

Give the 3rd line a complete overhaul and audition for 2nd line LW all you want cause the 4th line is set.

What do they do with Riley Nash? I like all 3 of these guys. We definitely have enough grit/talent to fill out the 4th line for the foreseeable future. Would like to see them trade for a 2nd line LW and just totally rebuild the 3rd line. Vatrano can stay but that's it.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What do they do with Riley Nash? I like all 3 of these guys. We definitely have enough grit/talent to fill out the 4th line for the foreseeable future. Would like to see them trade for a 2nd line LW and just totally rebuild the 3rd line. Vatrano can stay but that's it.

I'd go with Blidh instead of Schaller, who I don't mind as a cheap, spare forward who can step up in the event of an injury or poor play.

I think Nash can be used as a babysitter for the third line.

Vatrano -- JFK -- Nash

Or throw him in the middle to let JFK get use to the NHL.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I'd go with Blidh instead of Schaller, who I don't mind as a cheap, spare forward who can step up in the event of an injury or poor play.

I think Nash can be used as a babysitter for the third line.

Vatrano -- JFK -- Nash

Or throw him in the middle to let JFK get use to the NHL.

In my opinion, they would still really struggle with bottom 6 scoring if they rolled all those guys out on a nightly basis. It wasn't too long ago that we had Soderberg and L. Erikkson playing 3rd line for us. That's the kind of line that we need to build and that serious Cup contenders have. I do think Vatrano-JFK is probably 2/3 of that line, but think we just need a little bit more offensive punch. My two cents. Respect your thoughts though and it's definitely a realistic option.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's a fast, hard-working, punishing 4th line right there.

Give the 3rd line a complete overhaul and audition for 2nd line LW all you want cause the 4th line is set.

I like Schaller, probably more than most here but I think we`ll see a kid push him out, think Schaller is a RFA, not sure they`ll qualify him

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That would be a hell of a 4th line. Young, fast, responsible defensively and constantly hitting.

time will tell if he`s ready but Gabrielle, from what I`ve read and seen posted on here, seems to be a player who opponents will grow to hate quickly too. No clue if he`ll require time in Providence first but I`m intrigued with how his game will translate at the pro level

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Agree with Acciari and Kuraly, not Schaller, a little too slow for my liking.

BillnyeTheHockeyGuy*

Feb 19, 2016
New England
time will tell if he`s ready but Gabrielle, from what I`ve read and seen posted on here, seems to be a player who opponents will grow to hate quickly too. No clue if he`ll require time in Providence first but I`m intrigued with how his game will translate at the pro level

I'd prefer he get some some playing time in Providence to start off. The thought of him on the 4th line one day does give me the feels.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd prefer he get some some playing time in Providence to start off. The thought of him on the 4th line one day does give me the feels.

we`ll see how he does, have a feeling there will be multiple openings for competition at camp but like you, he`ll most likely require some seasoning in Providence which I`ll be perfectly comfortable with

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Reaves? Sorry, I have watched a ton of Blues playoff games<<<and this is where I really watch for the value of a player and he is literally invisible. Yep, good hit and energy from time to time but other than that, contributes absolutely zilch and come playoff time, majority of the time, you need at least some contribution from the pluggers, this guy has amassed 1 point in almost 30 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad