Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I think right now it's

Benn - Seguin - Nichuskin
Sceviour - Spezza - Hemsky
Roussel - Eakin - Garbutt
Eaves - Horcoff - Cole

If Ritchie earns a spot then they'll do some juggling. Doubtful pevs will play, but who knows

For the D who knows right now. Obviously Dillon, Goose, Daley, Benn, Nemeth and Gonchar. Hopefully no Gonchar!

Lehts
Lindy

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Benn - Seguin - Ritchie
Nuke - Spezza - Hemsky
Horcoff - Pevs - Sceviour

Goligoski - Daley
Dillon - Oleksiak
Nemeth - Benn

Lehts
Lindy

Primetimey*

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Cole - Spezza - Hemsky
Sceviour - Horcoff - Eaves

Goligoski - Daley
Dillon - Benn
Nemeth - Gonchar

Lehtonen
Lindback

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
How high are the chances that Oleksiak gets a roster spot?

Personally I think it is very small. He didn't look like he was ready at all last year in his short stint here, he was also really inconsistent in the Texas games I watched.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
How high are the chances that Oleksiak gets a roster spot?

I don't think he's a lock by any stretch and altho he wasnt great in his stint last year his fancy numbers indicate hes maybe closer then we think. I personally hope Klingberg takes that spot out of camp as his dynamic play and Pp presence will help but Im conflicted on wether or not we should let him marinate in Texas till an injury or his play forces him up, he is just coming off injury

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Obviously, we'll find out more later but as things currently stand I'll take a shot at it, forwards at least.

Benn-Seguin-Ritchie
Nichushkin-Spezza-Hemsky
Garbutt-Eakin-Roussel
Sceviour-Horcoff-Eaves

Cole/Glennie/Peverley (if healthy something gives)

I just don't see any way Cole is still around next year. I don't know if he's still got the NTC or what it would take for another team to take him, but he just doesn't fit. He can't play LW well. He sucked playing with Benn and Seguin. Hemsky is likely penciled in on Spezza's RW. Then you've got the Eakin line, and then the 4th. The only semi-realistic spot is 4th line RW (which would probably put us in the running for most expensive 4th line in the league). That of course would put Eaves as the 13th forward and doesn't account for Glennie, who has earned a shot and probably wouldn't clear waivers. After all this time and patience the organization has put into his development I'd hate to see us lose him for nothing because of an old guy who is only around for another year and is declining big time.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Dillon-Goligoski
Nemeth-Daley
Benn-Oleksiak
Connauton

Keep on dreaming about Klingberg, it's not happening out of camp.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I also don't see Ritchie penciled into the lineup day one. I wouldn't be totally surprised, but he still needs to polish a bit more of his game. He's a special player.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't see how Oleksiak wouldn't have a great chance, and that's even agreeing with most that I feel he needs more time in the AHL.

Look at it this way. I don't believe for one second Gonchar is staying on this team. Unless he does something surprising, Nill doesn't seem interested in adding a D.

If the locks are: Benn, Daley, Dillon, Goligoski, and Nemeth

Oleksiak's only competition is a guy coming off hip surgery ... his 2nd in about 18 months, Kevin Connauton, and Jyrki Jokipakka.

How could you not love his odds? I know everyone is excited about Klingberg, and he may eventually win that position ... I don't think it's out of camp. Sounds like they are doing a rotation. They're talking about a 2 man rotation ... I don't buy that Nemeth goes on any rotation though. My guess is he earns a regular spot.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Has Val played LW? I don't remember.

I think he very briefly did for Dallas, but he played plenty in the KHL apparently.

Sounds like the way to go. You only have two serious potential left shot forwards: Benn and Nichushkin.

I'd rather not see much of Cole in the Top 6 unless some one needs a short breather.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I really haven't wanted to say this because I know people can be emotional about it ....

I don't think the Roussel - Eakin - Garbutt line survives. They have too many right shot, RW options.

I think Pevs if healthy, Sceviour, Eaves, and hell maybe even Ritchie have a shot.

Who knows ... maybe McKenzie goes beast mode and takes Spezza ' s LW spot. Maybe it's a trade or UFA.

I just think maybe Nuke isn't the only option ... maybe Tango is right its too good to break up Nuke from Benn and Seguin.

Bkennedy*

Baby Nichushkin - Baby Nichushkin - Nichushkin
Baby Nichushkin - Baby Nichushkin - Baby Nichushkin

Baby Nichushkin - Baby Nichushkin

Lehtonen
Baby Nichushkin

Ad

Upcoming events