Opening night chanting

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
oh ah silfverberg should be saved for silf goals. But we should do it for every silf goal.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Whenever Marc Methot does anything of consequence, we should chant M-E-T-H-O-T MAN ala Method Man/Wu Tang.

Oh my... This sounds an awful lot like those RSU "songs" that never really took off a few years ago

"Ellllliotttttt"
"Theres only one. Jason Spezza"
"Ruutu... Ruuuuuuuuuuuutu"

Pretty lame and annoying. As were the Silfverberg chants in the playoffs last year.

Chant for the team, leave the personalized messages for when u watch with your buddies if thats what ur into.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
How about you wait until Silf actual does something for the team before giving him a unique chant. He's done squat so far. Karlsson doesn't have a chant, and he's been the best d-man in the league for a couple years.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Oh my... This sounds an awful lot like those RSU "songs" that never really took off a few years ago

"Ellllliotttttt"
"Theres only one. Jason Spezza"
"Ruutu... Ruuuuuuuuuuuutu"

Pretty lame and annoying. As were the Silfverberg chants in the playoffs last year.

Chant for the team, leave the personalized messages for when u watch with your buddies if thats what ur into.

Matter of opinion. Personally, I love the personalized chants. Nothing like a rousing rendition of "NEILER" or "Walking in a Spezza Wonderland" to get the blood pumping.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
How about you wait until Silf actual does something for the team before giving him a unique chant. He's done squat so far. Karlsson doesn't have a chant, and he's been the best d-man in the league for a couple years.

Sorry I got excited about a prospect. My bad.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Or maybe knowing he has the support of the fans he is more likely to relax and be the player we know he can be and help alleviate and home sickness he might be feeling.

Think of it in terms of credit. You establish a reputation for being trusted with responsibility, and THEN you receive monetary credit. You aren't given money "in hopes" that you use it responsibly. I've heard this before with Lehner - people say "he's better suited for the NHL". NO that is not how it works - you earn it you don't have someone hand it to you. Either way he wasn't chanted tonight as it should have been.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Think of it in terms of credit. You establish a reputation for being trusted with responsibility, and THEN you receive monetary credit. You aren't given money "in hopes" that you use it responsibly. I've heard this before with Lehner - people say "he's better suited for the NHL". NO that is not how it works - you earn it you don't have someone hand it to you. Either way he wasn't chanted tonight as it should have been.

Looooooool, I love your posts, Main.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Karlsson doesn't have a chant, and he's been the best d-man in the league for a couple years.

Just sing the Varldens basta Karlsson song, only anglicized. "Karlsson, Karlsson, World's Best Karlsson." Sing it nice and slow and it would sound amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad