Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Perreault -Scheifele -Stafford
Burmistrov -Lowry -Ehlers
Grabner-Copp-Armia

Trouba-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot-Postma

One can dream, right?

Feel free but man, Grabner has missed a lot of games. Makes MP look like Gordie Howe.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't know what that means.

I know Ehlers has played both wings but mostly RW and even C a bit. I don't know what Burmi has done other than C. Only that he is a left shot which makes LW more likely than RW, especially if he doesn't have much time playing either wing.

Didn't Burmi play some RW with the Jets before? I may be mistaken

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
So Burmi has to earn his way up the lineup with 3 fairly successful NHL seasons under his belt, while Petan and Ehlers can just jump right in to the second and third lines?
I don't think Burmi should be on the fourth at all, it's a waste. Petan probably goes to AHL though so it's fairly moot.

Prior success has no bearing on current decisions. If Burmi is better than said wingers then I agree, he should get that roster spot. However, I don't believe any one of Burmi, Ehlers, Armia or Thorburn will beat Petan for a 2nd or 3rd line winger spot. IMO Petan is ready....overripe if you will. I actually think Burmi plays no lower than 3rd line. Unfortunately, I think it's Ehlers who'll be the odd man out.

Not all prospects dip their toes in at the pro level (AHL). In the last three years, Petan has produced 96 goals, 226 assists = 322 points in 193 games. Nuff said. From what I witnessed at the D-Camp, he won't play but a hand full of games on the Moose, if any. More than adequate defensive game and shifty enough to avoid major NHL contact. Time will tell.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
I'd like to see an all-skill line similar to the Triplets in Tampa... I'm thinking Petan-Burmistrov-Ehlers. Should they gel together you can earmark a future spot in the lineup for Connor alongside Scheifele.

Last edited:

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I don't know what that means.

I know Ehlers has played both wings but mostly RW and even C a bit. I don't know what Burmi has done other than C. Only that he is a left shot which makes LW more likely than RW, especially if he doesn't have much time playing either wing.

It means that was his primary position when he was drafted.

He was listed as a LW back then almost everywhere I looked and still is on most sites.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nikolaj-ehlers/
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=164346
http://theqmjhl.ca/players/12468/00
http://jets.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8477940#&navid=WPG-keymatch

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets now have a solid and experience enough core to handle the incoming young guns.

Plus the young guns can help with the wear and tear through the grueling 80 game schedule.

Ehlers, Petan, Armia and Copp for
1 top 9 position, especifically RW spot.
2 4th line spot any of the 2 position as Thorburn can play both wings.

MORRISSEY have the number games against him. I hope he does the Trouba and force the Jets management to keep him. Then one of Stuart or Ben will be dealt.

during the course of the season top 8 D will get siginificant games played anyways, due to injuries.

Did any of the Jets D played more than 75 games? stu?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yup. Listed as LW on the Mooseheads roster too. AFAIK lined up at RW last TC and most of his time in the Q. I could be wrong. It did happen once before.:)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Prior success has no bearing on current decisions. If Burmi is better than said wingers then I agree, he should get that roster spot. However, I don't believe any one of Burmi, Ehlers, Armia or Thorburn will beat Petan for a 2nd or 3rd line winger spot. IMO Petan is ready....overripe if you will. I actually think Burmi plays no lower than 3rd line. Unfortunately, I think it's Ehlers who'll be the odd man out.

Not all prospects dip their toes in at the pro level (AHL). In the last three years, Petan has produced 96 goals, 226 assists = 322 points in 193 games. Nuff said. From what I witnessed at the D-Camp, he won't play but a hand full of games on the Moose, if any. More than adequate defensive game and shifty enough to avoid major NHL contact. Time will tell.

I love Petan, but I think Ehlers will be dynamic this year and force himself into the Jets lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if Petan also gets significant time, along with Armia.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm personally hoping for a rookie explosion with the Jets this year. Due to injuries giving guys chances and others playing far too well in training camp, by Christmas I'd like to see this:

Ladd - Little - Ehlers
Perreault - Scheifele - Wheeler
Burmistrov - Lowry -Stafford
Petan - Copp - Armia/Thorburn

Enstrom - Trouba
Morrissey - Myers
Chiarot - Byfugien (1st pp)

Hutchinson
Hellebuyck

Could be up to 6 rookies in the lineup at once, plus Chiarot, Hutch and Lowry as 2nd year NHLers. Unrealistic? More than a little. Bit for me it's fun to think about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad