After Day 1 of the Free Agent Frenzy

Notable Gains
-Justin Williams

Notable Loses
-Mike Green

TBD
-Joel Ward
-Eric Fehr

Post your Opening Day Rosters, either for what we have now or what you hope we have by then.

Ovechkin- Backstrom- Williams
Burakovsky- Kuznetsov- xxx
Johansson- Beagle- Wilson
Brouwer- Laich- Latta

Carlson- Orpick
Alzner- Niskanen
Orlov- Scmidt

Holtby
Grubauer

(Dont like the 3rd line but its for the good of the top 6)

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I guessing this turns into the new roster building thread, but it's all good, a new one was needed 100 posts ago.

I think right now, with no additions, it looks like this:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Williams
Burakovsky-Kuznetsov-Brouwer
Johansson-Laich-Wilson
Chimera-Latta-Beagle

Orpik-Carlson
Alzner-Niskanen
Schmidt-Orlov
Chorney

Holtby
Grubauer

I don't really like the make-up of the middle two lines. I think Brouwer needs to go with Williams coming in. Offer Ward the same contract Williams got. Then sign a legit 3C and go after a scorer with by dangling Johansson + futures. I wonder if Johansson + Brouwer + futures package could entice Toronto to move JVR.

JVR-Kuznetsov-Burakovsy
Laich-Brodziak-Ward
Chimera-Beagle-Wilson

That's an elite forward group. Two top lines are full of skill. Say what you want about Laich, but that third line is very good defensively and would dominate the walls. And the fourth gives you a nice energy/speed/physicality mix.

Slappy

May 29, 2007
Ovi-Kuz-Williams
Mojo-Backs-Bura
Laich-3C-Ward
Chim-Beags-Willy

Re-sign Ward if possible. Trade Brouwer

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I guessing this turns into the new roster building thread, but it's all good, a new one was needed 100 posts ago.

I think right now, with no additions, it looks like this:

Burakovsky-Kuznetsov-Brouwer
Johansson-Laich-Wilson
Chimera-Latta-Beagle

Orpik-Carlson
Alzner-Niskanen
Schmidt-Orlov
Chorney

Holtby
Grubauer

I don't really like the make-up of the middle two lines. I think Brouwer needs to go with Williams coming in. Offer Ward the same contract Williams got. Then sign a legit 3C and go after a scorer with by dangling Johansson + futures. I wonder if Johansson + Brouwer + futures package could entice Toronto to move JVR.

JVR-Kuznetsov-Burakovsy
Laich-Brodziak-Ward
Chimera-Beagle-Wilson

That's an elite forward group. Two top lines are full of skill. Say what you want about Laich, but that third line is very good defensively and would dominate the walls. And the fourth gives you a nice energy/speed/physicality mix.

Yep, if they manage to get a legit top-6 guy for some combination of MJ/Brouwer/Laich+, that would be a big step, together with the Williams acquisition (if he delivers as advertised).

Otherwise I think they'll roughly stay on the same level.

Also I have a feeling the exact lines in the top-6 are gonna be going through a lot of combinations this year. Williams might be a good fit with say Kuz and Bura -- and Kuz could very well push for top line status, especially if Backstrom starts slow post-surgery.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I've got a couple lineups... something doesn't add up. Will wait.

Btw, trading Mojo for right handed player will make it a problem I guess. Too much right handed RW guys! Seriously.

I guess Bura will start the season as 2C in case Backstrom can't. Then he will be down to the 3rd line, to accumulate Williams' wisdom and to relieve pressure on himself.

When they sign 3C it will be all obvious though. And many top-6 options indeed.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
We'll see how Vrana does in training camp too

I know he's planning on playing in Hershey this coming year. But I have a feeling there's a good chance he impresses our staff and gets his 10-15 game NHL trial, like Kuz did his first season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This is what roster threads are for. The last "next year's lines" thread became a dupe of the usual roster thread, as will this one. Same thing is going on in the latest signing thread. We don't need more.

Closing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad