Open forward spots and who needs youth?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins now have a glut at forward after signing Smith to a ridiculously team friendly contract.

this we know

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

X-Soderberg-X

Paille-Campbell-X

X-13th forward

Campbell until not on black and gold will be Claude's fourth line center

4 X's and 10 guys

Kelly
Fraser
Florek
Spooner
Koko
Cunningham
Leino
Gagne
Robins
Caron

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Bruins now have a glut at forward after signing Smith to a ridiculously team friendly contract.

this we know

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

FRASER-Soderberg-GAGNE

Paille-Campbell-CARON

ROBINS

Campbell until not on black and gold will be Claude's fourth line center

4 X's and 10 guys

Kelly
Fraser
Florek
Spooner
Koko
Cunningham
Leino
Gagne
Robins
Caron

Kelly has to be heading out.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
The bottom five on that list can easily be released, traded or reassigned without much impact on the ML club. Koko will probably be sent back to Providence and be the first forward call-up. Then you have four for the remaining vacancies to fill. Who knows, today we may learn that Kelly has been moved to open up the cash drawer for Krug and Smith.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Why does it always have to be Kelly on his way out? If anyone is on the way out right now, it's a defenseman. We can't afford to lose any forwards at the moment.

With Campbell out, getting rid of Kelly is a huge hit to the PK, an area that sets the Bruins apart from other top level teams.

You start with Bartkowski and go from there.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Fraser/Gagne with the Yeti. Spooner maybe centering 4th? Caron on the 4th with Robins taping up his knuckles as 13th.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Kelly-Soderberg-GAGNE

Paille-Spooner-CARON

Fraser

Campbell-injury

Chara- Hamilton
Seids-Boychuk
Krug- McQuaid

Bart & Miller- ??

member 96824

Why does it always have to be Kelly on his way out? If anyone is on the way out right now, it's a defenseman. We can't afford to lose any forwards at the moment.

With Campbell out, getting rid of Kelly is a huge hit to the PK, an area that sets the Bruins apart from other top level teams.

$$$$$$$

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Fraser-Soderberg-Kelly

Paille-Campbell-Robins

Caron

Spooner has earned a spot but doesn't have to clear waivers so I would send him and those other players down based on that reason. Gagne and Leino can go.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

I believe the reason Kelly is being considered is because of his contract in terms of money and length. It fits in with the signings of Smith and Krug with a few hundred thousand left over.

Sending Bart away only addresses half of that amount, though I'm not opposed to moving him too.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Johansen-Bergeron-Smith
Fraser-Soderberg-Eriksson
Florek-Campbell-Paille

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Krug
Miller-Prout

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

As many posts as I've wasted on the topic, he's a Chiarelli guy. Don't see him going anywhere. Campbell....

I mean, any of the three Julien sacred cows could/potentially should go. None have great contracts anymore, all 3 on the wrong side of 30, all have had somewhat significant injuries the past two seasons and they combine for just shy of $5.9 million dollars.

I get the angst about young players. I do. They make mistakes, which are literally the worst thing you can do as a human being. That being said, if push comes to shove, none of those guys belong in the top 6 ever, and I wouldn't enjoy seeing any of them in the top 9 this year. So I'd rather both beat the mistakes and defensive liabilities out of our youth early, as well as give us a cushion in case Chiarelli gets hit in the head with a pineapple at the deadline and decides to go for it (yes, I doubled down on pineapple references).

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Just money...last year proved we needed as many defensemen as we could muster...I'd much rather it be Campbell , but he makes less.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Is that seriously all we need in terms of salary, Dom?

To hard to answer Scott because I have no clue what route they are going to take and with who.

It could be as simple as (yes) adding $400,000 or moving $3.6 million to this roster

Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Kelly - Soderberg - Fraser
Paille - Campbell - Caron

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Krug - McQuaid
Bartkowski - Miller

Rask
Svedberg

(The complications of LTIR)

acr*

I think it will be Bart and Campbell on the way out too. I wouldn't be surprised to see some lower draft picks and pieces like Caron, Warsofsky, and Florek moved as well. I wouldn't even be shocked to see Spooner, Koko, or Subban move if there is something could coming back. I just have a feeling that Chia is up to something more than getting cap compliant.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Just money...last year proved we needed as many defensemen as we could muster...I'd much rather it be Campbell , but he makes less.

Yes but Kelly does more and is a better player than Campbell.

When you move Campbell and a D, you not only clear enough money but you also open 2 roster spots. You deal Kelly, you open only one roster spot and lose a better, more valuable player.

There are other moves that can be made that don't weaken the team, allow the kids to play and be cap compliant.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad