OP GM Game #1

xxOPPNOOBZxx

#ProduceForKing
Mar 24, 2012
Ontario
:nhl
OP GM Game #1
Read the OP Completely. Please ensure you understand all the rules. You must be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time..​
[fieldset="Jobs"]
  • Main Commissioner -xxOPNOOBZxx
  • Co- Commissioner-TBA, looking for one, PM me if interested.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start: 11/13/14
  • Random Team Selection: TBA
  • Dispersal Draft:
  • Trading Deadline:
  • Standings Voting:
  • 2015 NHL Draft:
  • Quarterfinal Voting:
  • Semi-final Voting:
  • Conference Final Voting
  • Cup Finals:
All times are/will be in EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Game Specific Rules"]
  • All GMs will be randomized a NHL team, like the Blackhawks or Devils.
  • There will be a dispersal draft following the randomization of the teams, each team not randomized will have it's players active.
  • The dispersal draft will be in a random order, it is possible, but highly unlikely, that the top best team randomized, gets first overall pick in the draft.
  • The draft will be eight rounds, depends on the number of GMs, in a snake format.
  • Hoping to have 16 GMs, but willing to have more or less.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Draft Rules"]
  • If you will be unavailable at any point during the draft please send a list to either xxOPNOOBZxx
  • Each GM will get 15 minutes per pick to make it.
  • Picks can be traded, but each team needs to have 8 picks, so no 2 for 1 deals..
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $90,000,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Use Armchair GM to calculate your Team's Cap. Set it to "Today"
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time, and a maximum of 10 players in total.
  • For 24 hours after the end of the draft, their will be a no penalty wavier period.
  • If a player clears his half his cap hit will affect your cap. So if someone was to put Clarkson on waivers and he were to clear, $2,625,000 will still count towards their cap.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • You do not have to send in trades however the league does have the right to reject the trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. Try to post bi-daily, daily would be best.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be given a warning first, then fired.
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • All players under contract can be used in a roster, however note players like Pronger will have a negative effect on rebuilders.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
  • There will be no free agency.

[fieldset="GM list"][/fieldset]
[/fieldset]

Stole this template from the Double D's game, if there are any mistakes feel free to point them out.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2012
Im definitely interested in joining but will have to see how my schedule is turning out closer to the start date.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'll join since it seems like it'll hit full swing after I'm done exams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad