OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Oilers really need McDrai to take over this game and not guys like Dylan Holloway scoring all the goals.

He now has more goals than McDavid these playoffs. I know McDavid has like 32 assists to go along with 2 goals, but he need more goals.

McDavid has been a ghost the last few games.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f*** ESPN.

Game is unwatchable on my TV. I remember having this problem I think either last playoffs or the year before with TNT.

I wish this game was on ABC instead of ESPN (I really wish it was on TNT) but they're not gonna show a game between two Canadian teams in a prime time slot on a non-cable American channel.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Which brings me to one more Zach Parise question. What team would Zach Parise most be associated with? He was a Wild for longer than anything else, but his best seasons came in New Jersey. He only wound up playing 56 more regular season games with the Wild than he did with the Devils, despite being in Minnesota two years longer. Between a lockout shortened season, a covid shortened season, as well as probably being injured more/missing more games with injury there than he did here (even though he missed close to an entire season here, though he was pretty healthy the rest of the seasons here) he didn't wind up playing a whole hell of a lot more games there than he did here.

And somehow he managed to play 17 more playoff games here than he did in Minnesota and exactly half of his career playoffs games were played here, assuming this is it for him. Probably has something to do with Minnesota never getting past the second round and barely ever the first. I think this year was the first time he played in the second round in like a decade lol. His best seasons came in New Jersey both on a personal achievement level and a team achievement level.

He was a native Minnesotan and will probably stay living there, so I expect he'll still be around the Wild in his post playing days. Whether that's in a team employee role or just an alumni role.

He can have a custom jersey with Lou's face on it and associate that with him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not saying that goal is on Skinner or anything

But Chuck's little brother will definitely be scrutinized if they lose this game after going back to Skinner, who doesn't even know what a save is these playoffs or last playoffs.

If they win tonight but lose game 7 he'll probably be off the hook and won't have to answer for it.

But I'm pretty sure he's gonna be asked about it if they lose this game after going back to him.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I was just thinking of this earlier today and forgot to post about it, but can you imagine if he somehow started working for the Wild in some kind of role next season?

That's exactly who fans would love to have in the organization. One of the guy's that's handcuffing their cap situation next year, all the while being retired and now working for the team. That would be so annoying for Wild fans if that happened.

I wouldn't even allow him in the building or at least not publicly acknowledge that he's in the building until at least after next year. He might not get such a warm reaction if the team struggled next year lol.:laugh:
You're probably right but this to me is always so dumb. Maybe the fans should be mad at Fletcher for not building a Cup team. They never had a true 1C. They had a good 2C in Koivu, maybe borderline 1C at his peak but not enough.

Funny enough many of their picks hit well enough to be contributing pieces (Granlund, Coyle, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Zucker, Haula..) but best they could do in terms of centers was to sign another 2C in Eric Staal.

Maybe they dont beat Hawks either way but I feel like they left something on the table with not getting Zach and Suter a high end center.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're probably right but this to me is always so dumb. Maybe the fans should be mad at Fletcher for not building a Cup team. They never had a true 1C. They had a good 2C in Koivu, maybe borderline 1C at his peak but not enough.

Funny enough many of their picks hit well enough to be contributing pieces (Granlund, Coyle, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Zucker, Haula..) but best they could do in terms of centers was to sign another 2C in Eric Staal.

Maybe they dont beat Hawks either way but I feel like they left something on the table with not getting Zach and Suter a high end center.
They may have been better off not buying out both of them, rather than have these cap hits right now. Buying out one was probably needed.

They’d only have one year left. But both still played as of this year, so the chances of an LTIR happening if they were still there is probably very low.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Skinner looks shaky. Good thing he’s only faced 3 shots. Both goalies have only faced 3 shots each.

I’m getting Vitek flashbacks from this year. You could almost always tell early on when he was gonna have a bad game and when the dam was about to break.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
They may have been better off not buying out both of them, rather than have these cap hits right now. Buying out one was probably needed.

They’d only have one year left. But both still played as of this year, so the chances of an LTIR happening if they were still there is probably very low.
Yeah those buyouts never made any sense due to Wild not being competitive (atleast not Cup contender like) in the next few years but it was probably the only way to get rid of Parise and Suter. It was probably more of a culture chance more than anything. Guerin wanted them out of the locker room and that was the only way to do it.

Reactions: Bleedred

Camille the Eel

It’s unexpected how little McDavid is able to create offensively in this series. Time and again in the playoffs we’ve seen star players unable to make their usual impact. For instance Pasta against both Toronto and Florida.

It’s very instructive how a good opponent can take away even the most gifted players in the game.

Props to Vancouver as to this.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
That was some goal by Holloway. The former first round pick would be a great add by the Devils. Wonder if he may be available…

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
It’s unexpected how little McDavid is able to create offensively in this series. Time and again in the playoffs we’ve seen star players unable to make their usual impact. For instance Pasta against both Toronto and Florida.

It’s very instructive how a good opponent can take away even the most gifted players in the game.

Props to Vancouver as to this.
JT Miller is a VERY good player

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Refs have missed two penalties on Edmonton in the last minute. Really wish they’d just call the game instead of picking what counts as a penalty.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
But have you considered that he's really tall with a long neck?
And long stick

79166225_49367098-w.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't see either of these teams beating Dallas.
Edmonton can if McDavid starts scoring some goals and goes beastmode and they can get saves from Skinner.

I don't think Vancouver will. Just......No.

Maybe they'll have another wind if Demko comes back in. I don't see Silovs holding up.

I hate to keep shitting on them. They aren't a bad team, I just think they're the weakest team left of the 5 remaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad