HOW DO YOU MISS THAT

PICKARD GOT IT OH MY

EDIT: EDDIE O WITH THE OH MY

IMG_2390.jpeg

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
A Boston-Vancouver SCF again would be fun for the LOLZ.

Boston are definitely worse, but if Demko isn't back by then, I'm not sure Silovs will hold up that long.
If Boston somehow completes the comeback against Florida and somehow beats the Rags, I will buy a Pavel Zacha Bruins jersey and attempt to get it signed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Boston somehow completes the comeback against Florida and somehow beats the Rags, I will buy a Pavel Zacha Bruins jersey and attempt to get it signed.
If Boston can even get to the cup finals then I’m pretty sure Swayman is getting the Conn Smythe.

Even if they lose.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Repeat of last game

Just the other team this time

Any team with McDavid has a chance at the cup, but McDavid was a ghost tonight.

Horrible game from the Oilers. I think they win next game though.

Waste of a good game by Pickard. Not sure how much longer that’ll last.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This would be the first time I’m really down on the Oilers if they lose this series.

They’ve done a really good job at beating LA every year and that’s about it.

I still think McDavid eventually wins the cup. It’s just not looking like it’ll be this year.

Between goalie controversy and now the offense really being non-existent.

I still think they can win this series. I’m not sure they can get past the winner of the other series though.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
That's on Rod. Like I said right before, Andersen was clearly off since he came back from the blood clots, Kotchekov should've been the starter after game 3. It is what it is, it sucks that they lost to the Rags because Carolina's implosion should be so much more funnier than it is
No he wasn't off. He won 9 out of the 10 games he started in the regular season when returning from injury. I didn't get to watch every game the Hurricanes played this post season but watching the highlights from this series he let in some bad ones and for sure factored into 1 or 2 of their losses.

Andersen in 72 playoff games has a .914 SV % and a 2.46 GAA. That doesn't excuse the back breaking goals and tonight's collapse but he isn't some garbage goalie. Carolina probably iced one of their best teams of all time this season and still found a way to not even come close to winning the Cup. That franchise just sucks in the playoffs. Not bad enough to lose in the 1st round but just can't win big games when it matters.

Kotchektov lost the 1 game he started , why should he have gotten another start ? The Hurricanes screwed themselves by falling behind 3 games to 0. They were in too deep of a hole to climb back out. Win one of those overtime games and this series would be going on to Game 7. Gotta feel for that fanbase a bit , they are stuck in that limbo that we were in from 2004 to 2010. Great regular season teams who just couldn't make real Cup runs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No he wasn't off. He won 9 out of the 10 games he started in the regular season when returning from injury. I didn't get to watch every game the Hurricanes played this post season but watching the highlights from this series he let in some bad ones and for sure factored into 1 or 2 of their losses.

Andersen in 72 playoff games has a .914 SV % and a 2.46 GAA. That doesn't excuse the back breaking goals and tonight's collapse but he isn't some garbage goalie. Carolina probably iced one of their best teams of all time this season and still found a way to not even come close to winning the Cup. That franchise just sucks in the playoffs. Not bad enough to lose in the 1st round but just can't win big games when it matters.

Kotchektov lost the 1 game he started , why should he have gotten another start ? The Hurricanes screwed themselves by falling behind 3 games to 0. They were in too deep of a hole to climb back out. Win one of those overtime games and this series would be going on to Game 7. Gotta feel for that fanbase a bit , they are stuck in that limbo that we were in from 2004 to 2010. Great regular season teams who just couldn't make real Cup runs.
Most of Andersen’s good playoff resume came from 2020 and prior.

He did have last year, but other than that? It was all 2020 and earlier.

He’s not some garbage goalie in his career, but he’s 34 years old, gets injured all the time and is likely compromised and not what he used to be.

He’s clearly not the same goalie that he was for a majority of his career’s worth of .914% playoff performance. He’s played 72 playoff games as of tonight and 54 of them came in 2020 and earlier. And damn near 50 of them came before 2020 when he was still a really good, if not elite goalie, as well as still in his 20s.

He’s clearly an aging player at this point and no longer what he once was when he compiled the vast majority of his playoff resume.

And even the one really good year (where he actually played a sizable number of games and not only 16) he’s had since 2019 he wasn’t even available to play in the playoffs due to injury.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I don't think it's that simple. If you have average goaltending (or below), you need to compensate everywhere else. Look at the Avalanche. They prob would've been swept in 1st round with Carolina's roster and Georgie. Now I don't think he's as bad as Anderson but they are really overcompensating for their massive weakness in goal.
Their cup winning roster is insane. 5 guys playing at top line level, could argue 6 with how well Lehkonen has played since getting traded to them. 3rd line had Burakovsky and Compher. 3rd pairing had Manson and Johnson who were both roughly #4 dmen (Johnson fell off hard the next year). Not to mention arguably the best dman in the league, another top 5 player in the league, and a top ~3-5 RW.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Their cup winning roster is insane. 5 guys playing at top line level, could argue 6 with how well Lehkonen has played since getting traded to them. 3rd line had Burakovsky and Compher. 3rd pairing had Manson and Johnson who were both roughly #4 dmen (Johnson fell off hard the next year). Not to mention arguably the best dman in the league, another top 5 player in the league, and a top ~3-5 RW.

A decent amount of those guys are either gone (Kadri, Burakovsky, Compher, Nichushkin as of the other day) or haven’t played a single game since the cup clincher (Landeskog) two years ago.

Johnson is really bad these days and I’m pretty sure Manson isn’t all that good anymore either?

They lost a lot and I don’t think they’ve really replaced them with anyone worth mentioning. Jonathan Drouin on a cheap resurrection type of deal lol?

Wood and Colton, who clearly aren’t as good as the guys they’ve lost.

Just about 40 year old Zach Parise, who didn’t even play before February and already announced upon signing that he’s done after his season ends?

They still have a pretty strong team, but losing Nichuskin is a big blow, both mentally and for what he’s brings on-ice. The team seemed pretty sorry for themselves in the first game he was out, which was played I think just hours after it came out that he’s suspended for 6 months without pay and back in the program.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

He also never played a back to back or traveled with them on the road in the regular season. It's completely different to get thrusted into that schedule once playoffs start regardless of how good you maintain your body as an athlete. And this is just an argument that's clearly gonna go nowhere but Kotchekov in game 3 made some huge saves that Andersen barely gave Carolina. Andersen also gave up some shitty goals in this series, Panarin game 1 (GWG), the squeaker to Trocheck in 2OT, game 4 Lafreniere, game 6 (the first 2 goals and the second that led to the onslaught in the third). There's 2 GWG goals there that Carolina could've won the series if they had those games. It's not about Andersen being bad, he's a decent track record in the playoffs but when you don't have a particular year and you have a young+capable guy behind him, you play that guy and let the veteran ride the bench until need be.

Most of Andersen’s good playoff resume came from 2020 and prior.

He did have last year, but other than that? It was all 2020 and earlier.

He’s not some garbage goalie in his career, but he’s 34 years old, gets injured all the time and is likely compromised and not what he used to be.

He’s clearly not the same goalie that he was for a majority of his career’s worth of .914% playoff performance. He’s played 72 playoff games as of tonight and 54 of them came in 2020 and earlier. And damn near 50 of them came before 2020 when he was still a really good, if not elite goalie, as well as still in his 20s.

He’s clearly an aging player at this point and no longer what he once was when he compiled the vast majority of his playoff resume.

And even the one really good year (where he actually played a sizable number of games and not only 16) he’s had since 2019 he wasn’t even available to play in the playoffs due to injury.

Yeah, I was mentioning this to my brother earlier too. Freddy was really good last year, it's a shame we got the good Andersen and the Rags got the decrepit one but of course that's their luck. He's had a majority good playoff runs in his career but he turns into Mike Smith at random moments and just shits the bed. That's the nature of the position and what separate the average goalies from amazing ones.

Reactions: Bleedred

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He also never played a back to back or traveled with them on the road in the regular season. It's completely different to get thrusted into that schedule once playoffs start regardless of how good you maintain your body as an athlete. And this is just an argument that's clearly gonna go nowhere but Kotchekov in game 3 made some huge saves that Andersen barely gave Carolina. Andersen also gave up some shitty goals in this series, Panarin game 1 (GWG), the squeaker to Trocheck in 2OT, game 4 Lafreniere, game 6 (the first 2 goals and the second that led to the onslaught in the third). There's 2 GWG goals there that Carolina could've won the series if they had those games. It's not about Andersen being bad, he's a decent track record in the playoffs but when you don't have a particular year and you have a young+capable guy behind him, you play that guy and let the veteran ride the bench until need be.

Yeah, I was mentioning this to my brother earlier too. Freddy was really good last year, it's a shame we got the good Andersen and the Rags got the decrepit one but of course that's their luck. He's had a majority good playoff runs in his career but he turns into Mike Smith at random moments and just shits the bed. That's the nature of the position and what separate the average goalies from amazing ones.
You're forgetting who the coach behind the bench is. Brind'Amour does the same thing every playoffs and can't stick to 1 goalie even when things get tough. He put a cold goalie in goal for Game 3 and they lost all for him to panick again by going back to Andersen. The Hurricanes have gone through a ton of good quality goalies over the last 5 playoff appearances. They have had some deep teams too , maybe questioning Brind'Amour and his decision making might be their biggest concern right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
. The Hurricanes have gone through a ton of good quality goalies over the last 5 playoff appearances. They have had some deep teams too , maybe questioning Brind'Amour and his decision making might be their biggest concern right now.
The Hurricanes have had some good quality goalies over the last 5 playoff appearances? Really?

Old Andersen on the back nine, old Raanta on the back nine, Nedeljkovic, Mrazek, 3 games of Reimer.

These are good quality goalies? Some of them are quality backups/1b goalies. Andersen was quality before he played there and maybe that comeback season in 2022 where he didn’t even make it to the playoffs before getting hurt.

Unless you mean the goalies they’ve had to face over the last 5 years in the playoffs and were eliminated by?

Shesterkin, Bobrovsky, Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Rask/Halak?

Those would be good quality goalies.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually had to look up who the Canes lost to in the 2020 playoffs. It was Boston in round one proper.

All I remember was them sweeping the Rangers in 3 games in the play-in round. Good times. They probably would have lost to them last year again in the second round if we didn’t take them out first. Though it was Gallant still there and he sucks.

I even forgot they went out to Tampa in 2021. For some reason I thought they went out to Saros and Nashville, but that’s who they played in the first round that year and they beat them.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I have no clue why they re-signed Andersen for two years last offseason and Raanta at all.

They should have let Raanta walk and signed Andersen for a one year deal.

I guess because 21-22 he returned to prime Andersen for one more year, it probably bought him a two year deal.

I would have let Ottawa sign him to a two year deal (instead of 5 for Korpisalo) or someone else if he didn't wanna come back for just one more year.

They'd be better off with a Kochetkov/DeSmith tandem next year for a million or a million five cheaper than a Kochetkov/Andersen or god forbid an Andersen/Kochetkov tandem yet again.

That's their problem that they have $3.4 million tied up in Andersen for next year. He’s probably gonna get injured (he always does) and they’ll be down to Kochetkov and I don’t even know who at some point next season. They need to dump Andersen, as I don’t believe he’s particularly good at all anymore. And will likely be bad on quite a number of other teams that aren’t Carolina.
if vitek got moved and he was making similar type money then anderson can easily get moved if they want to. problem is there just isn't that much goaltending out there. i know the knock on the canes ownership is cheapness so it depends how much they want to spend but they definitely should be bidding on whatever goalies are available with the devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad