OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Maybe @RangerDoggo was onto something...
IMG_2335.jpeg

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
What a collapse by the canes they had the rangers on the ropes in this series. Wonder if any canes fans down there are calling for rod to get the boot?

Everyone pointing out the “no name” goalies winning in the playoffs in the past well Anderson cost them here

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goaltending is a crap shoot, but I don't think underinvesting in the position with the hope that a mid-tier guy is going to get hot is the answer at all
I have no clue why they re-signed Andersen for two years last offseason and Raanta at all.

They should have let Raanta walk and signed Andersen for a one year deal.

I guess because 21-22 he returned to prime Andersen for one more year, it probably bought him a two year deal.

I would have let Ottawa sign him to a two year deal (instead of 5 for Korpisalo) or someone else if he didn't wanna come back for just one more year.

They'd be better off with a Kochetkov/DeSmith tandem next year for a million or a million five cheaper than a Kochetkov/Andersen or god forbid an Andersen/Kochetkov tandem yet again.

That's their problem that they have $3.4 million tied up in Andersen for next year. He’s probably gonna get injured (he always does) and they’ll be down to Kochetkov and I don’t even know who at some point next season. They need to dump Andersen, as I don’t believe he’s particularly good at all anymore. And will likely be bad on quite a number of other teams that aren’t Carolina.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
What a collapse by the canes they had the rangers on the ropes in this series. Wonder if any canes fans down there are calling for rod to get the boot?

Everyone pointing out the “no name” goalies winning in the playoffs in the past well Anderson cost them here

That's on Rod. Like I said right before, Andersen was clearly off since he came back from the blood clots, Kotchekov should've been the starter after game 3. It is what it is, it sucks that they lost to the Rags because Carolina's implosion should be so much more funnier than it is

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just saw the 2nd goal he let up, absolutely unreal
The first one was also a mess.

He looked like was electrocuted by a live wire on the ice and was jumping all around. Or slipped on an invisible banana peel.

If Brian Boucher weren't working that game then I bet that goal goes unroasted by anybody on TV. It's only because he was working that game that he was going on about how it's a bad goal.

He did that on one other goal these playoffs, which I think was maybe game 5 against the Islanders? Or was it earlier in this series?

Either way, I do recall one of the commentators saying earlier these playoffs (I think Boucher again) saying that he has problems controlling pucks when they're thrown at his feet.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The first one was also a mess.

He looked like was electrocuted by a live wire on the ice and was jumping all around. Or slipped on an invisible banana peel.

If Brian Boucher weren't working that game then I bet that goal goes unroasted by anybody on TV. It's only because he was working that game that he was going on about how it's a bad goal.

He did that on one other goal these playoffs, which I think was maybe game 5 against the Islanders? Or was it earlier in this series?

Either way, I do recall one of the commentators saying earlier these playoffs (I think Boucher again) saying that he has problems controlling pucks when they're thrown at his feet.

Nah, that goal would be made fun of by anyone who knew a singular thing of hockey. And yeah, it happened in the Isles series as well.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's on Rod. Like I said right before, Andersen was clearly off since he came back from the blood clots, Kotchekov should've been the starter after game 3. It is what it is, it sucks that they lost to the Rags because Carolina's implosion should be so much more funnier than it is
Actually, he was really good after coming back from the blood clots.

He was sooooooo good after coming back from the blood clots that you knew that balloon was going to pop soon enough.

34 year old Freddie the fossil is NOT a .932% goalie, not in the year 2024. Or was it even like .940% in the games after he came back?

I bet his playoffs combined with his regular season make his numbers go down to something a little more believable and not ''Elite'' like the 16 games in the regular season made him look.

You think if he plays 40 games (pretend he actually would have stayed healthy enough to play 40 games) this year he has a .930%? It's probably something around .905% or .910% at best if I had to guess. It's probably something way worse if he played on about 18-20 other teams in the league.

Nah, that goal would be made fun of by anyone who knew a singular thing of hockey. And yeah, it happened in the Isles series as well.
The goal everyone else is talking about is the second goal against. Which was also bad. Biz kept saying ''The soft goal'' referring to the second goal he allowed, but I'm assuming he singled that one out because that goal happened in the 3rd period and started the comeback. The first goal was way back in the 2nd period.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Actually, he was really good after coming back from the blood clots.

He was sooooooo good after coming back from the blood clots that you knew that balloon was going to pop soon enough.

34 year old Freddie the fossil is NOT a .932% goalie, not in the year 2024. Or was it even like .940% in the games after he came back?

I bet his playoffs combined with his regular season make his numbers go down to something a little more believable and not ''Elite'' like the 16 games in the regular season made him look.

You think if he plays 40 games (pretend he actually would have stayed healthy enough to play 40 games) this year he has a .930%? It's probably something around .905% or .910% at best if I had to guess.

The goal everyone else is talking about is the second goal against. Which was also bad. Biz kept saying ''The soft goal'' referring to the second goal he allowed, but I'm assuming he singled that one out because that goal happened in the 3rd period and started the comeback. The first goal was way back in the 2nd period.

I think the first one gets a pass because Aho scored shortly after and the Canes got the momentum back from whatever the f*** the first Rangers goal was. Second goal was far more egregious for the game flow/script of the game. And it's a shame really because that was Freddy's third bad playoffs in 9 years. He was BEGGING Rod to bench him and Rod wouldn't take the bait. Second time in 3 years where a bad goalie cost them v NYR. They're 100% gonna try to get a big name in the summer but I don't know if Dundon will bite

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't really think they imploded this one as much as people are saying, because I never once expected them to come back and reverse sweep this series.

If this happened in game 7 it would have been the ultimate choke job. One of the stupidest ones in our lifetime. Come back from 3-0 down in the series, win 3 straight, go into the 3rd period up 3-1, lose the game 5-3 and series in 7. Can you imagine if that happened?

I had a feeling they were going out tonight, but I gave them a little chance in getting it to game 7 before blowing it. I haven't been giving them any chances of coming back to reverse sweep though. I never once believed.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't really think they imploded this one as much as people are saying, because I never once expected them to come back and reverse sweep this series.

If this happened in game 7 it would have been the ultimate choke job. One of the stupidest ones in our lifetime. Come back from 3-0 down in the series, win 3 straight, go into the 3rd period up 3-1, lose the game 5-3 and series in 7. Can you imagine if that happened?

I had a feeling they were going out tonight, but I gave them a little chance in getting it to game 7 before blowing it. I haven't been giving them any chances of coming back to reverse sweep though. I never once believed.

100% a choke job, the Rags would've shat themselves in a game 7 at home imo. Carolina also might've gotten Pesce back, I don't think DeAngelo was an issue the last 2 games tbh, the entire series he was a bonehead tho. Also again, Rod would catch my ire for not calling a timeout after 3-3 or 3-2. They just always looked scared whenever NYR came back against them this series. They were very lucky to survive in game 4 but tonight they weren't lucky enough

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the first one gets a pass because Aho scored shortly after and the Canes got the momentum back from whatever the f*** the first Rangers goal was. Second goal was far more egregious for the game flow/script of the game. And it's a shame really because that was Freddy's third bad playoffs in 9 years. He was BEGGING Rod to bench him and Rod wouldn't take the bait. Second time in 3 years where a bad goalie cost them v NYR. They're 100% gonna try to get a big name in the summer but I don't know if Dundon will bite
I thought Raanta killed the Canes in game 6 that year and wasn't much better in game 7 (before getting carted off the ice after hurting himself), but Freddie was shaky in every single game he played this series. Let in at least one bad goal every game, probably two in all of the losses, even the games he only allowed one goal it was a bad one.

Raanta wasn't really a negative until game 6. Andersen has been a negative since game 1.

The only game Andersen wasn't a negative in this series was game 3. Because he didn't play in it. And he shouldn't have played after it.

Once they put him back in and shelved Kochetkov after just one game, they became married to playing him the rest of the series. Because they had to win every game just to stay alive after that and like us last year with Vitek winning game 3, they weren't gonna go back to Kochetkov if they were winning games with Freddie.

There's this belief from some that Andersen is a playoff choker because of what happened in Toronto. I thought he played well in Toronto in the playoffs for the most part. They never won a series with him, but I remember him one year having better numbers than Rask, but Boston was just so much better that it meant nothing and they lost in 7. Much like Marty being better than Richter in the 94 series. The Rangers were just that much better than us that series.

I don't think Andersen is a playoff choker. I think he's just old and he hasn't consistently been a good goalie since 2019. He's an old player/goalie in this league, AND he's probably being kept together by duct tape with how many injuries he's had.

2015-2019 Andersen was a really good goalie. 2020-2024 Andersen is an inconsistent at best and just an old and washed up at worst goalie.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

I don't think it's that simple. If you have average goaltending (or below), you need to compensate everywhere else. Look at the Avalanche. They prob would've been swept in 1st round with Carolina's roster and Georgie. Now I don't think he's as bad as Anderson but they are really overcompensating for their massive weakness in goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Andersen used to be a fine name

But now he's kind of like when St. Louis brought in Jon Casey at the very end of his career and he was in the playoffs for them.

Or better yet, how about when they had Grant Fuhr playing playoff games for them in the very late 90s? That's kind of what Andersen is these days.

Not a never was, just a has-been.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A Boston-Vancouver SCF again would be fun for the LOLZ.

Boston are definitely worse, but if Demko isn't back by then, I'm not sure Silovs will hold up that long.

• Haha
Reactions: Dialamo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad