OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Seriously, they were destroying the Rags, Freddie gives up a softy, then suddenly the puck's in their end for the next five minutes, and the few legit chances the Canes get go right into Shesty's chest. How do you let one softy while you're still up one turn into an excuse to roll over and die?

This team did it a lot /shrug (devils)

Reactions: Billdo

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
When we drafted Marty some scouting actually came into play. For the Rags franchise can the same thing be said or is this just some random bullshit? Goaltending has been a strength of their franchise since I started following hockey in 1989. When the game was still 3-1 after some phenomenal stops that this very well might go the other way.

Epic collapse, freakin epic. What an embarrassment. Keep Brindamour far away. Absolutely a meltdown.
If Brindamour had a goalie he'd be John Cooper.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's been soooooo long that I forget exactly what happened there

But didn't Andersen refuse to sign with Carolina or something after being drafted by them and then he went back into the draft and got taken by the Ducks?

Did he refuse to sign there? That's what I remember the story being at the time, because I remember being like ''The Canes drafted this guy, Why didn't they keep him?'' and I think it was explained something like that went down.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Unfortunately or fortunately for the Rangers, Bob hasn't been any better than Andersen these playoffs.

Swayman has been, but his team sucks.

But I don't remember Bob letting in some shit goal when the Panthers were up by 2 and it leading to the Panthers losing a game these playoffs.

I don't think they ever had a lead in either game they lost to the Bruins, but they only lost 2-1 last game. I do remember them having a lead in game 4 against Tampa and they scored a bunch to avoid the sweep. I didn't watch that game, but I reviewed the goals and remembered checking the app and seeing the Panthers leading, then checking back later and saw the Lightning won.

Reactions: Dialamo

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Freddie Andersen steering this one

maxresdefault.jpg

Who let him cook?

fly-away-car-crash.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Really, what they need to do is dump him on Chicago (the Sharks already have our tandem from 22-23 lol) and sign DeSmith or some guy like that. DeSmith (probably) won't do any worse than Andersen would in Carolina and there's no threat of DeSmith starting playoff games over Kochetkov, unless Kochetkov is playing reaaaalllyyyyy badly.

Or they can stay the course and hopefully just squeak in as a wild card (or miss the playoffs altogether) and go out in the first round next year. Either to their favorite dildo in the Rangers or some other team before they get to the Rangers lol.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Epic collapse, freakin epic. What an embarrassment. Keep Brindamour far away. Absolutely a meltdown.
The one thing he did wrong tonight was a decision he made in game 4 when he decided to start Andersen after using Kochetkov one game and doing away with him after a 3-2 OT loss.

After they won game 4 with Andersen, he was married to Andersen for the rest of the series. Because they were either gonna keep on winning or just one more loss would have done them in and he wouldn't have had the opportunity to switch to Kochetkov again.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Goaltending is a crap shoot, but I don't think underinvesting in the position with the hope that a mid-tier guy is going to get hot is the answer at all
It's like pitching in baseball. Does it need to be elite? No. But it needs to be solid. Patching together your staff is not going to win games the same way throwing a goalie out there and hoping for the best is not going to work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad